Dark Souls 3

Nija

<Silver Donator>
16th through the 18th, supposedly up for 3 hours per day. I'm not sure which 3 hours.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Stress test NA only
frown.png

Solariss

Golden Squire
Got selected in the lottery... here's the email:

Solariss,

Thank you for applying to join the Dark Souls III Network Stress Test.

After conducting the lottery, you have been selected to join the Network Stress Test.
You will now be able to participate in the upcoming Network Stress Test until the end of the testing period.

Also, please note that the Network Stress Test data was recently released on PlayStation?Network (PSN) in Americas in error. However, participation in the Network Stress Test will still be limited to those players who applied and were selected, as was originally planned.

Make sure to read the Network Stress Test details below before joining the test.

Vasgaroth

Trakanon Raider
Got selected as well and downloading as I'm typing post. My wife couldn't seem to grasp me jumping up and immediately running to my PS4. Can't fucking wait.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wait, do I need a code? I downloaded the client days ago.
Yes:

Also, please note that the Network Stress Test data was recently released on PlayStationTNetwork (PSN) in Americas in error. However, participation in the Network Stress Test will still be limited to those players who applied and were selected, as was originally planned.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
"We also strongly recommend completing this procedure by 3:00am on October 14th PDT to make sure your online ID is registered to the Network Stress Test game server in advance. Otherwise, there is a risk of not able to join the Network Stress Test."

Funny how they didn't actually send out the emails until 12+ hours after that...

Wouldn't normally be too concerned about it, but after the fiasco that happened with Dark Souls 2's network test it wouldn't surprised me at all if something went wrong. At least I don't have to stay up to 4AM to find out it won't work this time though, and there's 3 nights for them to get it working right.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
"We also strongly recommend completing this procedure by 3:00am on October 14th PDT to make sure your online ID is registered to the Network Stress Test game server in advance. Otherwise, there is a risk of not able to join the Network Stress Test."
Yeah, looking back at Dark Souls II stress test comments, only N number of players are allowed in with the code. I guess they send the same code out to everyone.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The DkS2 thing I was referring to was that they gave NA players the wrong version of the client and it gave an error message that just sounded like the servers were overloaded rather than it being a complete incompatibility failure. The test started at 3 or 4 AM EST and people banged their heads against it for an hour or two before Namco let everyone know that they were going to have to reschedule it. The EU version worked fine, which complicated matters even more since some people were saying it worked fine for them, etc.

Also, I'm pretty sure codes are unique this time, so you just got screwed by their system and it handed out a dupe code somehow. Try sending an email to the support address in the confirmation email and see if Namco will help. They might just think you sold the code and are trying to get another one though. :/

Edit: Did you download the client when it was up a few days ago?

"Selection emails have been sent to participants of the upcoming Dark Souls III Network Stress Test. Recipients who have been chosen to participate should get instructions to register their PlayStation Network name. That will be necessary to participate in the Test. If you have downloaded the client previously, you may get an error when using the code provided, that is expected. Just be sure to register your PlayStation Network name."

Solariss

Golden Squire
"Selection emails have been sent to participants of the upcoming Dark Souls III Network Stress Test. Recipients who have been chosen to participate should get instructions to register their PlayStation Network name. That will be necessary to participate in the Test. If you have downloaded the client previously, you may get an error when using the code provided, that is expected. Just be sure to register your PlayStation Network name."
Any idea what it means to register your PSN name? The only thing I could find to do is obtain my code by putting in my email address and registration ID. Then I redeemed the code and downloaded the game. I see no step where I need to or can register my PSN ID, so I am max confused.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Any idea what it means to register your PSN name? The only thing I could find to do is obtain my code by putting in my email address and registration ID. Then I redeemed the code and downloaded the game. I see no step where I need to or can register my PSN ID, so I am max confused.
The site didn't work for me properly on Chrome because it didn't ask me for my PSN ID so I brought up Firefox without any extensions enabled and went to the website:https://cbt.darksouls3.com/en/and it asked me for my PSN ID.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Also, I'm pretty sure codes are unique this time, so you just got screwed by their system and it handed out a dupe code somehow. Try sending an email to the support address in the confirmation email and see if Namco will help. They might just think you sold the code and are trying to get another one though. :/
Got home this evening and now the code works. I guess their system was having problems this morning and was erroneously reporting used codes.