Dark Souls 3

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How many endings are there? I hate that some games have multiple endings. 99.999% of games don't have a good enough ending to warrant multiples.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Every game in the franchise has multiple endings and none of them have ever been worth the effort. I haven't beaten this one yet though so we'll see!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Was going to torrent this because I haven't beaten Bloodborne yet but said fuck that and just bought it, see you fuckers soon!

khalid

Unelected Mod
So what are you guys doing statwise? As in, what are your "dump" stats or soft cutoffs?

My plan is to eventually go str based, using zweihander now.

I went to minimum str/dex to wield my weapon 1handed if I want, then enough vitality to wear a full set of armor and vigor up to 20.

Stats right now at lvl 48
Vigor: 20
Att: 12(base)
End: 18
Vit: 18
Str: 20
Dex: 14 (for longbow)
Int: 14 (base)
Faith: 14 (base)
Luck: 7(base)

My choices now seen to be to decide between str, end or vigor. Not sure I need that much more vigor for hp, but it is still scaling nicely so maybe I keep taking it. Anyone with some general thoughts on stat distributions?

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
So far I'm at 20 Vig, Vit, Dex, 17 End and 16 Str. Gonna get End to 20 then pump dex.

I hear there are respec items, so it's harder to screw up than Bb/Dks1. Still not sure if I wanna go Str or Dex, but my favorite weap so far is the Lothric Sword which scales better with dex.

Ultimatelt, though, I wanna find a greatsword with a moveset I like. My final build will be tailored to that.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I took Strength to 36 for the Lothric Tower shield

I'm really happy they took resistance and agility out

axeman_sl

shitlord
So what are you guys doing statwise? As in, what are your "dump" stats or soft cutoffs?
These are the sweet spots:

Vigor: 27
Endurance: 40
Strength/dexterity: 40
Intelligence/faith: 60 (only if you're building an actual spellcaster, which seems to suck in this game)
Attunement: 35 (for mana purposes)

That's where those stats hit diminishing returns. You generally never want to raise them above that, unless you're trying to 1h a 50str weapon or something. Strength and dexterity do gainokayscaling up to 50, but not enough to be worth the points until your build is otherwise complete.

In this game, faith and intelligence is weird. It doesn't actually start getting good until the 50-60ish range. Mage builds need 60 in their stat, or 30/30 for pyromancers. If you're just building for a single spell, like a weapon buff or something, just get the minimum requirments for the spell.

Vitality, in my opinion, is best kept as low as possible while staying under 70% with your full gearset. Pumping this stat doesn't feel very effective. It doesn't increase the number of frames that you're immune during your dodge roll, but the lower your equip load is, the longer you roll (in the same amount of frames, thus you technically roll "faster" as well, but your roll won't actually take less time). However, it just doesn't feel like the difference is meaningful. I tried going from like 69% to 50% equip load and it was barely noticeable.

My current build will end up like this:

Vig: 27
Att: 10
End: 40
Vit: 20
Str: 27
Dex: 40
Int: -
Fth: 30 (just for Lightning Blade; if it isn't worth it, I'll leave it at base or maybe 12 for the spell that removes all debuffs for almost no mana)
Lck: -

The reason for 27 strength is you get +50% strength while two-handing a weapon, so 27 becomes 40. This is also applied to scaling bonuses, not just weapon requirments. If I level higher than that, I'd eventually raise strength to 40 just to get full scaling when one-handing the weapon as well.

Luck is definitely garbage. If you aren't using a hollow weapon that scales with luck, the stat is so awful that there's absolutely no excuse for wasting points on it. Your item find is 100+luck, so a knight (the lowest starting luck, shared with pyromancer) starts with 107 item find. If you poured twenty levels into luck, you'd have a lofty 127. Absolutely meaningless. Just pop a rusty coin for +50 if you're doing any farming. Unlike Dark Souls II, enemies don't stop respawning after killing them 10 times or however many it was. If there's something you need to farm, just brute force it with low luck and accept that it takes a bit longer.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty much what I'm doing too. Farron Greatsword build:

40 end
40 dex [37(+3) if the milkring actually does anything in PVE, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't do shit.]
18 str [Eventually 27 and then 40]
27 vig
__ vit [Exactly enough to stay under 70% without Havel's Ring.]
6 att
8 int
9 fai
11 luck

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Vitality, in my opinion, is best kept as low as possible while staying under 70% with your full gearset. Pumping this stat doesn't feel very effective. It doesn't increase the number of frames that you're immune during your dodge roll, but the lower your equip load is, the longer you roll (in the same amount of frames, thus you technically roll "faster" as well, but your roll won't actually take less time). However, it just doesn't feel like the difference is meaningful. I tried going from like 69% to 50% equip load and it was barely noticeable.
I remain a bit skeptical because people kind of said the same thing about ADP at the start of DS2. At some point though 28 felt like a requirement because of iframes/distance.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I am not minmaxing my build. Going for pyromancy / spells (even though I know they are weak), but increasing str and dex first to get bow / sword. Using Flamberge at the moment as I like the swing around it does when running. Have increased vitality a few times to be able to equip the heavy sword, new staff and the crest shield. Exactly at 70% now.

Only level 34 though.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I went heavy strength for Fume Knight Greatsword, it just owns right now. I am at level 70 and in the Ilythyn dungeon.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Zweihander confirmed still awesome in this game. Flinging opponents around is so fun.
Yea man. Im using it at SL45 for pvp/pve both. People really get caught by the wide swing arc on the R1. Been tearing up dex R1 fag spammers, they seem to thing they can rush in between swings to pick at me, but they always get caught on the 2nd slow windup swing.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm enduring a comedy of self enforced errors playing this shit. I'm trying to do the hollow story line correctly, which requires you to do basically every side NPC's questlines correctly, and I keep messing up little details and having to start all over.

I'm on restart like 5 now, ffs.

I've got the game up through the Farron area down pat now though!

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I'm enduring a comedy of self enforced errors playing this shit. I'm trying to do the hollow story line correctly, which requires you to do basically every side NPC's questlines correctly, and I keep messing up little details and having to start all over.

I'm on restart like 5 now, ffs.

I've got the game up through the Farron area down pat now though!
Yeah, just hit up a quest checklist on Gamefaqs for the first time and I think I've been obsessive enough to have progressed missable questlines appropriately thus far, but seriously - fuck that list. One of the best things about this series is its tendency to disseminate its lore in abstruse chunks, but I'm accustomed to it being optional and purely curiosity-satiating. When they conceal that shit behind time-sensitive questlines...I think I don't give a shit. I'll pick it all up on NG+.