Dark Souls

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Might be in New Game+, but they definitely don't one shot SL1 in normal. Here's a Four Kings video demonstrating that:

Not every attack is going to be a one shot. They have an attack where they spin around in a circle and then grab you and it kills you in one hit at SL1 for sure. I had to just quit out whenever they managed to grab me like that.

Just watched your video, they never used their one shot in that fight

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh where they stab you through the heart? That's not a true one-shot, it does multiple hits.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Some of the soul spears do multiple hits, especially the soul mass ones that they sometimes cast. Technically, not a one shot, but I bet people assume it as such.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The grab isn't a one shot, actually:

Man you're really hung up on this. He's wearing a FAP ring because his HP is higher than is possible at 10 VIT, also rocking 13 humanity which increases his defense by 17/16/16/19 (Phys/Magic/Fire/Lightning) and might get out w/ less damage by mashing rb/lb.

Even if this specific example ends up not being a one shot it doesn't change the fact that bosses in Dark Souls CAN do more than 70% of your max health in one hit.
bosses in Dark Souls can only do something like 70% of your life max in one hit iirc.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I forgot something...

akd5a4x[1].png

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Started Demons Souls on PC today, I never got to play it much originally. Feels very smooth on PC, much less clunky than I remember. I'm off to a good start here.
ky9jWq9.png

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Started Demons Souls on PC today, I never got to play it much originally. Feels very smooth on PC, much less clunky than I remember. I'm off to a good start here.
ky9jWq9.png

Are you using an emulator? I want to play this since its the only one I have not finished.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just took damage on a parry from a silver knight, but I still parried him and killed him. Is this a new bug or did that happen in old DS1?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Are you using an emulator? I want to play this since its the only one I have not finished.

Yeah, I'm using RPCS3 to play it.

Download this version of RPCS3, anything later will freeze in the tutorial: RPCS3 0.0.6-6718
Download this PS3 Software: PS3 Software
Download this DeS Iso: Demon's Souls

Extract DeS iso w/ 7zip
Extract RPSC3 w/ 7zip
Run RPSC3 -> Click File -> Install Firmware
Select your PS3 Software file named PS3UPDAT.PUP
Once that is finished click configure and ensure your CPU section looks like this: CPU Setup
Now select GPU and make sure it looks like this: GPU Setup
Go to the System tab and select English (US) as your console language
Now select the joystick icon to setup controls: Icon Location & Controller Setup

Now click File > Boot Game
Select the folder BLES00932
The game will load, you can now play normally.

Note: If you get an error when trying to select BLES00932 it's probably because windows default is to view PS3_DISC.SFB as a .txt file, just remove the .txt (save it as "all files" instead of .txt) and it will work
Note: The first time you run the game or enter a brand new area you may experience very minor hitching as items are loaded and cached for the first time.
Note: There may be even more stable versions of RPCS3 for DeS emulation further back, this is just the most recent functional build. If you roll through bosses expect a brief loss of frames, no big deal though.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Finished Demon's Souls today, it took me about 14 hours total. Overall I'd say it's a great game and it was a ton of fun to finally play through it. That said, the bosses are extremely easy, most of them are less than mini-boss difficulty by DS1 standards.
gvNf9oH.png

gDlo7f1.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Dual wield seems kinda meh on DS1. Got the schimitar offhand, I oddly enough parry best with a curved sword. Dagger play thru is a nice little challenge too, I imagine that I end up switching to 2 handing the offhand sword for later bosses because even the gargs were nasty to kill with bandit knife (ate a few humanities doing it lol).

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Here's an "oh you told me so":

Watching PS4 streamer get instant invades all night at SL 76 in Royal Wood in Remaster.

I got 2 all night on PC.

Tried Londo, Londo ruins, you name it.

Calc says I can invade lvls 67-713, weapon upgrade or not I should be getting constant invasions...? That's a massive spread!

Last edited:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Here's an "oh you told me so":

Watching PS4 streamer get instant invades all night at SL 76 in Royal Wood in Remaster.

I got 2 all night on PC.

Tried Londo, Londo ruins, you name it.

Calc says I can invade lvls 67-713, weapon upgrade or not I should be getting constant invasions...? That's a massive spread!
Weapon upgrades definitely factor in. Its more like DS3 now with that in mind.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This seems to happen to me in all the games until I make a new character or something.

I go for a few days or longer with fairly good or very fast invasion rate then it just goes completely dead. I can explain this with the soul memory or w.e in the DS2 system. In Remaster/3 I am stumped. Mind you I was already getting steady invasions with the weapons I'm currently using then just pffft nada. I can see blood stains and ever so very rarely a white summon sign.

I'm getting the tinfoil on reading stuff that people using hax can do to you in invasions now. The weirdest thing I saw and I shit you not was some rainbow colored phantom I ran into in the DS2 blood arena who was able to teleport me around and make all kinds of really weird explosions around him. I've also seen the ice spam thing that breaks all your gear and curses you in Remaster.

I am gonna get to the bottom of this shit with the lack of invasions it makes no sense but always seems to happen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So, failing everything and I HATE being the guy putting in a support ticket based on conjecture but....

Magically... about 3 hours later after sending something in.... invasions are poppin' off like crazy.

I have to wonder what the hell it was. If you have the same problem, send them a damn email, that had to be it.