Dark Souls

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually pirated the game first time because that's just what I do when the level of quality of a game is so piss poor, you need a fan patch to play it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Apparently there's a prototype cathedral map that surfaced in Dark Souls remastered that was used in Bloodborne, and someone put it in GTA V lol.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It looks great and it's been an absolute blast PvPing and co oping so far. I finished my 100% run with elite knight set and black knight sword which I got before Taurus demon. Now I'm contemplating either a dex build or a SL1 Dark Wraith run.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Soul level 1 run complete. Feelsgoodman
SL1.png

SL1 Time.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's impressive. I don't think I would want to torture myself that much to do this, but I respect the skill it took. Four Kings must have been ridiculous.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
That's impressive. I don't think I would want to torture myself that much to do this, but I respect the skill it took. Four Kings must have been ridiculous.

It was a lot of fun and ended up being a lot easier than I expected. I made a huge mistake in that I never purchased Combustion/Greater Combustion before I killed Quelaana so I only ever had Great Chaos Fireball throughout the game.

italica

Trakanon Raider
It was a lot of fun and ended up being a lot easier than I expected. I made a huge mistake in that I never purchased Combustion/Greater Combustion before I killed Quelaana so I only ever had Great Chaos Fireball throughout the game.

You did it the "easy" way, now try without pyromancy 1 shots!

Edit: Note I did not say the "easiest" way cuz you didn't have combustions.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else feel like this game is a good bit easier now that you've had so much training in 2 and 3 as well? I'm just 1-shotting everything, Havel, Capra Demon, Black Knights etc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else feel like this game is a good bit easier now that you've had so much training in 2 and 3 as well? I'm just 1-shotting everything, Havel, Capra Demon, Black Knights etc
That is how they all are. I played Bloodborne first. This was a joke after that.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

That's how everything is. Practice makes perfect. Plus DS style isn't a surprise now, when I first played DeS I was comparing it to other RPGs like Morrowind and shit, now I compare it to other Souls games.

The benchmark we measure these games against has permanently risen.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It's not as hard as you would think -- bosses in Dark Souls can only do something like 70% of your life max in one hit iirc. I started an SL1 playthrough ages ago, but then I got distracted by another game, but I don't know if I'll ever play it at that level again.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

Agreed......Im replaying the remastered version as i never played the DLC but i did beat all bosses including the optional ones solo without summonong......I forgot a lot of the areas in terms of shortcuts and such, but the bosses came right back to me. One shotted all of blight town and made Quelaag my bitch when I struggled so hard my first playthrough.

(And thats even after Demons Souls was my first Souls games).

Still hoping for a BB2 or another new game with the same basic premise.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's not as hard as you would think -- bosses in Dark Souls can only do something like 70% of your life max in one hit iirc.

There are definitely bosses that can kill you in one hit. I have seen Taurus, Capra, Bed of Chaos, Quelaag, Four Kings, Stray Demon and Demon Firesage all one shot before.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's not as hard as you would think -- bosses in Dark Souls can only do something like 70% of your life max in one hit iirc. I started an SL1 playthrough ages ago, but then I got distracted by another game, but I don't know if I'll ever play it at that level again.

There are some bosses that are clearly an exception (or like Seath or Bed of Chaos have a mechanic that makes it irrelevant), but at least you can avoid tail hunting if you cant use anything that drops anyhow. I know Kalamet and Super Saiyan Smough can definitely one shot a player from personal experience.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Agreed......Im replaying the remastered version as i never played the DLC but i did beat all bosses including the optional ones solo without summonong......I forgot a lot of the areas in terms of shortcuts and such, but the bosses came right back to me. One shotted all of blight town and made Quelaag my bitch when I struggled so hard my first playthrough.

(And thats even after Demons Souls was my first Souls games).

Still hoping for a BB2 or another new game with the same basic premise.

This game has some easier to exploit balance issues and most bosses are more about environment than the boss itself, but yeah. After dual cats in invisible snow land and Midir, nothing seems hard in this game. Personally, I want to see another game close in mechanics to DS2 with the DS1 world layout (minus the no warp thing) and DS3 bosses. Not a fan of Bloodborne twitch play, but it was a beautiful game.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are definitely bosses that can kill you in one hit. I have seen Taurus, Capra, Bed of Chaos, Quelaag, Four Kings, Stray Demon and Demon Firesage all one shot before.

Might be in New Game+, but they definitely don't one shot SL1 in normal. Here's a Four Kings video demonstrating that: