Darkest Dungeon 2 (Epic store for early access - 1.0 on other platforms as well)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit this looks so good, the animations, the new travel system, the feel. They fucking knocking it out the park. The player though is making continuous terrible choices when fighting.
Yeah it looks awesome. Surpassed what I thought it would do. The animations and designs look so much better.

Didn’t watch a whole lot, I can’t stand most streamers. Yelling and making stupid voices. Just play it and talk like a normal human.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watching moonmoon play it. They did an amazing job on the animations.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game is fun, but I'm obviously missing something. I've ran 4 expeditions(?) now and I've not earned a single point of Hope. I had thought that by discarding items you earned Hope, but apparently not?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Game is fun, but I'm obviously missing something. I've ran 4 expeditions(?) now and I've not earned a single point of Hope. I had thought that by discarding items you earned Hope, but apparently not?
Is it possible it’s not in game yet? It’s EA and release is a year away. There’s usually still a lot of mechanics missing from games a year away.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it possible it’s not in game yet? It’s EA and release is a year away. There’s usually still a lot of mechanics missing from games a year away.
Figured it out. You earn Hope as you travel through the Regions, fighting stuff, clearing Region goals, and Discarding items. You'll get that Hope once you reach the Mountain. Whether you defeat that region or die, you'll get your Hope afterwards.

I reached the Mountain, got smashed at the 2nd encounter (had only 3 characters since my Man At Arms died in the region before hitting the Mtn). Hit lvl6 and unlocked the Hellion. So a "run" is however many Regions you clear to hit the Mountain, I think its 6.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
By simply turning on email notifications in the communications tab of your epic account settings, you’ll get an email with $10 off your next purchase. That brings the game down to $20. I’m buying tomorrow. Watched a few streams of this for a few minutes each, and the new animations look sweet.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I have a lot of hours in the first one but I have never finished it. I always get stressed out pretty early.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have a lot of hours in the first one but I have never finished it. I always get stressed out pretty early.
I’ve never finished it either. Playing it now and have characters at level six. Almost lost four of them last night, one battle I just missed like crazy and they crit like crazy. I remember losing all my high levels near the end of the game made me quit out of frustration. Doing better this time as I’m spreading the dungeons out more so I have more replacements if it happens again. Not sure if I’ll finish it, but that’s ok, still have fun with it.

Does anyone know how EA it is? Like is it 90% of the game + balancing or is it just half done, missing a bunch of maps and characters, etc? I don’t mind EAs that are pretty far along but avoid them when they’re too early. So many games have post content support for so long even when they release they feel like EA for a couple years sometimes. Hell, Children of Morta added another extra character a few weeks ago. Think Dead Cells released a major update recently too.

Anyways, if it’s still missing a lot of content I’ll just keep waiting, I get burned out too fast if they don’t have it fully fleshed out.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Played it all day today, stress management>all when your crew starts to hate each other it is a death spiral.
Loving the story unlocks, they are like puzzles for your hero to unlock skills.
Just unlocked the final hero but haven’t used anyone beyond the first 5 yet.
Will mess with Jester and all that tomorrow.
EA says it is just the first chapter but I have yet to beat any bosses and only make it to inn number 3.
Fantastic game and can’t wait for the finished product.

Low stress is key, if you can get all 4 to like and love each other the free stuff they do is awesome but yeah goes south quickly once people start stressing out.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played it all day today, stress management>all when your crew starts to hate each other it is a death spiral.
Loving the story unlocks, they are like puzzles for your hero to unlock skills.
Just unlocked the final hero but haven’t used anyone beyond the first 5 yet.
Will mess with Jester and all that tomorrow.
EA says it is just the first chapter but I have yet to beat any bosses and only make it to inn number 3.
Fantastic game and can’t wait for the finished product.

Low stress is key, if you can get all 4 to like and love each other the free stuff they do is awesome but yeah goes south quickly once people start stressing out.
How do you have all the characters and have only reached Inn #3? You probably mean you've been to the Mountain 3 times? I completed my first run last night by defeating the Mountain boss.

As Hatorade Hatorade mentions, stress management is key to success since low stress allows your team to develop positive relationships. Keep stress below 4 and you'll hardly ever see anyone bitch. This will also have your team get buffs and team attacks a lot, it's a lot of fun.

Yet, with stress being that important, I think it places far too much importance on having the Plague Doctor in the team, since it has a great team stress reducer. I've now unlocked Hellion, Jester and the Runaway. Looking forward to getting the Leper.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That’s cool they added a positive controllable effect to stress. The first one keeping it low was just to avoid maybe rolling a negative when you hit the halfway point. Yeah sometimes you’d roll a positive one but usually not. Using it for team attacks is perfect as I felt like the parties didn’t have a whole lot of synergies. There were some that worked better together than others but it was pretty minimal, there were just some classes that outshined others. Hopefully it’s like chrono trigger where team make up changes the team attacks?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
How do you have all the characters and have only reached Inn #3? You probably mean you've been to the Mountain 3 times? I completed my first run last night by defeating the Mountain boss.

As Hatorade Hatorade mentions, stress management is key to success since low stress allows your team to develop positive relationships. Keep stress below 4 and you'll hardly ever see anyone bitch. This will also have your team get buffs and team attacks a lot, it's a lot of fun.

Yet, with stress being that important, I think it places far too much importance on having the Plague Doctor in the team, since it has a great team stress reducer. I've now unlocked Hellion, Jester and the Runaway. Looking forward to getting the Leper.
You need hope not location progression, just focused on hardest paths, killing while dying to maximize hope. Make sure you dump everything before you die.
1635344772667.png

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Bleh 3 attempts and can't figure out how to unlock jesters second skill, seems to be random at which skill to choose.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Was going to wait. Couldn't. Downloading now.

EDIT: Also is Epic way nicer than steam with their currency conversion rates? It's $30 in the US? Was $21 for me after then 10% discount. On steam it's usually the other way around where games are $10-20 more compared to US prices.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Jester Story for the 2nd skill can fuck right off. There is no way anyone will do that the first time unless it get lucky. It doesn't follow any song structure at all.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Is there a way to turn off the animations in this one? After a few hours playing the original all I wanted was instant combat.