Darkest Dungeon 2 (Epic store for early access - 1.0 on other platforms as well)

Witless

Trakanon Raider
If nothing else, the style and graphics is smooth as hell. The developers have the Cthulhu feel down to a science.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Best narrator ever returns.

I hope this is good, the first holds a special place in my heart, to be sure.

I am a cheap old bastard (with too many games to play) so I will be holding off for a while, reading this thread regularly for updates!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I haven't unlocked occultist yet but they have nerfed the fuck out of healing on the Vestal. Can only use it when low on health and has a cooldown.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I am not sure if I like how rogue this game has become. Losing a high level dude in the first one was huuuuuge, but you could also spend a bunch of resources to keep your A team in tip top condition.
This one only winning matters so you just treat everyone as expendable and who ever lives between inns gets the good stuff equipped. By the second Inn you either got a team that can win or everyone is suspicious and you know you are fucked.

Stress management>all.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Found a team, Occulist, Man at arms, Leper, highwayman in that order. The synergize great, allowing for a mountain win so far.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I have 2 mountain wins so far, but I keep rerunning Denial to get more candles to unlock more stuff. It was bizarre that some progression carried over from the beta but not all. Only some of my heroes lost their path unlocks, but all of them retained all their skills.

I wiped right before the mountain when a new “Death” boss spawned after I beat four enemies during a regular fight. He had a lot of hp, and I was already in bad shape because I wasn’t particularly worried about healing or stress toward the end of the previous fight.

This is just different enough from the first one that I find it compelling. Lots of mechanics to juggle on the coach, which I wasn’t sure about at first

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So I spent 200 candles unlocking all the trinkets at once and a few more stage coach items, none appeared in my inventory and completely fucked the run, tried again but since I am done unlocking them I can't start with new ones. I know once unlocked you have a chance of finding them but starting a run with zero trinkets kind of sucks.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I hope that candle upgrades increase the ability for positive relationships. I just did a run (completed it, first win on denial) where everyone except two HATED eachother. Was down to 0-2 relationships, and the skill negatives all were tied to blindness, on the skills I actually used. My highwayman died, but carried to the first inn, there I got a Leper, which when we exited the inn immediately got 3 bad relationships, which I didn't know was a thing. Got very lucky with crits on chains, and got hits in even while blind, so that was good. But man, that was a bad run. I keep seeing streamers with 20/20 friends all across, and I am so far away from it. Even buying whiskey, cards and everything else.

If you get negative skills, which you can't even unequip, do they stop being negative if you manage to increase it? Seems like hitting below 7ish is when everything goes to shit?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I hope that candle upgrades increase the ability for positive relationships. I just did a run (completed it, first win on denial) where everyone except two HATED eachother. Was down to 0-2 relationships, and the skill negatives all were tied to blindness, on the skills I actually used. My highwayman died, but carried to the first inn, there I got a Leper, which when we exited the inn immediately got 3 bad relationships, which I didn't know was a thing. Got very lucky with crits on chains, and got hits in even while blind, so that was good. But man, that was a bad run. I keep seeing streamers with 20/20 friends all across, and I am so far away from it. Even buying whiskey, cards and everything else.

If you get negative skills, which you can't even unequip, do they stop being negative if you manage to increase it? Seems like hitting below 7ish is when everything goes to shit?
The negative/positive skills change every Inn.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
So I guess the Death boss only appears when you have the Flagellant in your party? I’ve been using him because he’s the only one I have left to unlock skills for.

This definitely gets easier as you unlock items and upgrades for the coach, etc. I can pretty reliably make it through the first confession with a balanced party, so it’s time to move on to the next one.

Worst classes in my opinion are clearly leper, occultist and runaway. And I’ve yet to try the bounty hunter

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So I guess the Death boss only appears when you have the Flagellant in your party? I’ve been using him because he’s the only one I have left to unlock skills for.

This definitely gets easier as you unlock items and upgrades for the coach, etc. I can pretty reliably make it through the first confession with a balanced party, so it’s time to move on to the next one.

Worst classes in my opinion are clearly leper, occultist and runaway. And I’ve yet to try the bounty hunter

What is your best? Lepers chop crits reliably for 36+, occultist has the best CC and heal in the game, and runaway can AOE fire bomb...

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I find the leper blind mechanic to be seriously unfun. I go Hellion every time when I want a front line melee.

I also find the runaway to be pretty underpowered compared to other classes that play the same role. I haven’t played the occultist since before they added paths, so maybe that helps? I’ll have to take him out for another spin

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I find the leper blind mechanic to be seriously unfun. I go Hellion every time when I want a front line melee.

I also find the runaway to be pretty underpowered compared to other classes that play the same role. I haven’t played the occultist since before they added paths, so maybe that helps? I’ll have to take him out for another spin

+60% crit chance when blind trinket and marked targets make him a beast. Use highwayman rogue with point blank shot for the setup.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I hate myself for playing this damn game.

So it does appear to be a worthy successor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So what's the gimmick on the eye boss? I've fought it 3 times now and can't make any sense of what I'm supposed to be doing and it seems to at some random point turn in to the big boss and just belches out 40+ damage AEs?

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
You need to preferably have a taunter. If you don't, you need to bonk the little eyes on the head, so that when they respawn, they hopefully perform Gaze on your tank. You want to stack all of the debuffs on your tank if at all possible, because the big boss just spams Limerence repeatedly. I used a Flagellant because of their absurdly high Death Blow Resist, since there is no real healing through that ability (it will also reduce incoming healing by 25% each hit until you cannot heal at all).

Offensively I stacked Burn/Blight on him to bring him down, although in theory any DPS would work if you stack the Gaze debuffs correctly.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Hmm, this is bitch talk if I’ve ever heard it.
Did you see they just dumbed it down on the test environment? I'll flex my e-peen and say I will forever be proud that I beat the pre-nerf version.

I actually just finished Act V this afternoon. The Act IV boss didn't really have a gimmick, but the final boss was pretty cool. Staying alive and managing stress was key for both fights.

You were right; I was definitely wrong about leper (and occultist) in my earlier post. With a couple of upgrades and class synergies, both classes are pretty powerful. I still think Runaway is pretty underwhelming.

My party for the last two Acts was Virtuoso Jester, Alchemist Plague Doctor, Wanderer Flagellant, and Tempest Leper. The Jester has so many ways to generate combo tokens that it made the Leper's blind a non-factor.