Darwin Nominees and Award winners

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Don't do these things.

A student died after eating leftover pasta in a rare food poisoning case

“Immediately after eating, he left home for his sports activities, but he returned 30 minutes later because of a headache, abdominal pain, and nausea. At his arrival, he vomited profusely for several hours and at midnight had two episodes of watery diarrhea,” the report said. “He did not receive any medication and drank only water. After midnight, he fell asleep. The next morning at 11:00 AM, his parents were worried because he did not get up. When they went to his room, they found him dead.”

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Wooooooof.

That's less darwin and more hideously bad luck. My brother will do that shit. He'll eat cold meat that's been sitting out for a day without nuking it. I think he's finally broken of the habit though. He got super fucking sick about a month ago having done it and I explained to him a little bit about how food poisoning happens.

We can tolerate eating more gross shit than you'd think. But still...

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Wooooooof.

That's less darwin and more hideously bad luck. My brother will do that shit. He'll eat cold meat that's been sitting out for a day without nuking it. I think he's finally broken of the habit though. He got super fucking sick about a month ago having done it and I explained to him a little bit about how food poisoning happens.

lol that was dumb, glad you set him straight.

I almost wonder if I should throw this thread into screenshots since the best examples involve death and dismemberment lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I thought this thread was gonna be about Tyen or Foler.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Aww, Woolygimp.

Still bums me out. Jerle was kinda obvious, but wooly could have had a long healthy life as a schitzo.

• 2Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
who was woolypimp again...sounds..very familiar..

holy shit...I made a memorandum collection of him.

I forgot a lot of shit from here...
thats probably a good thing

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The trucks and stumps is oddly soothing.
i've seen too many youtubers properly demonstrating how to chainsaw a stump into the ground that i just facepalm at watching people fuck everyhthing up using their vehicles to haul ass it out of the ground.

• 3Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's nothing necessarily wrong with using a truck to pull a stump. Using a truck to pull a stump without doing any prep work on the stump/ground around the stump first is fucking retarded.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It happens a lot in the field/shop in areas related to my work. Cameras not allowed tho. People complain it's for "trade secrets". I've always been of the opnion it's to keep people from taking pictures and videos of stupid shit that would get them shut down by OSHA or EPA in a hurry. Closest I've seen in person to winning the Darwin award was a guy pushed out several feet of grating to stand on, turned around and cut it off between him and the support the other end was sitting on. He didn't win the award tho. He died, but he already had a kid.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It happens a lot in the field/shop in areas related to my work. Cameras not allowed tho. People complain it's for "trade secrets". I've always been of the opnion it's to keep people from taking pictures and videos of stupid shit that would get them shut down by OSHA or EPA in a hurry. Closest I've seen in person to winning the Darwin award was a guy pushed out several feet of grating to stand on, turned around and cut it off between him and the support the other end was sitting on. He didn't win the award tho. He died, but he already had a kid.

I had to run this back and forth in my head several times before it finally processed because it sounds so ludicrous.

The dude cut off the flooring he was STANDING ON and fell to his death?

• 3Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Wooooooof.

no it's Darwin
“A.J.,” became sick after eating spaghetti and tomato sauce that had been prepared five days earlier.

The report’s authors said the spaghetti had been stored at room temperature before the 20-year-old used the microwave to warm it up.

is there more to this story? do ppl just reguarly leave spaghetti out on the counter for 5 days, like you made a big pot of spaget on Sunday, eat it, wrap it film and just leave it on the countertop for five days to heat it up on friday to feast?

• 2Like