Dating

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I can't say because I don't remember. Most of these were ages ago. There was one Tinder date I went on not too long ago so I remember it fairly well, with this oddball girl who was like 5 years older than her pictures (...they all are) and I don't think I made any second date plans on that one. We just hung out on a boardwalk, then ended up ferociously making out on the beach. Had to be up early the next day, told her I had fun and we should do it again some time, she agreed, went home. Next day I went to invite her to hang out with me and some friends that night, and saw we were un-matched.

I should probably work on making second date plans because I think that might be an issue. When steering things towards a first date on an app you want to take the date to the real world as quick as you can, lest you end up being her pen pal for weeks. I figured that out pretty quick. Equally important is probably setting up the follow-up if you have a good time while on the date and yeah, I don't know how well I was doing that part.

That sounds about right. I don't generally want to bang on a first date. I like to wait for it and build some sort of anticipation / have to chase. There are exceptions of course, like this one chick who looked like Olivia Munn who I spent 6 hours talking to about our lives. When 2 AM hit and I walked her home, I wasn't gonna turn down her invitation in for cocoa. She was one of the ones who then got perpetually busy afterwards so there was never a date 2. I actually thought that one was gonna go somewhere because date 1 was like one of those rom com dates where everything works out perfectly. She was in med school though so I think she might have actually been telling the truth about being busy.

As for the rest... Well, eureka, I think it's figured-out. A lot of my first dates were women who just wanted a pump and dump, and I didn't put out quick enough, so they unmatched and moved on to the next guy in the bread line. Lord knows they probably had like four more lined up. I remember this one girl from tinder who met up with me at like 6 PM on a Saturday and at some point mentioned that she had to watch the time because she was meeting another guy at 8 PM. Hoooooly shit. She was scheduling men in timeslots.

I don't spend much time trying to sort out all these dating mind-games so not surprised that things fly over my head. I think the main takeaway here is to stay off of tinder
You sound like a good looking guy who doesn't realize how good looking he is, honestly. Most guys on FoH will say shit like "women don't even enjoy sex, they just do it because we want it" etc but... That's just not true lol. Women are fundamentally the same as men when it comes down to it. Just sociocultural factors have made it so that they can be more selective in their mates.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The great Frank TJ Mackey gave us a few simple rules that will catapult you to more successful dates.

The 14 day rule is easily the most simple and useful. If you really like someone and had a great date, then you must wait 14 days to ask them out again. You must be hard on yourself, do not break this.

Second is setting jealousy traps. Everyone has a friend or acquaintance that is really good looking. Let them know you need to use them to set a jealousy trap - make sure they show up to whatever public event your date ends up at - not a restaurant preferably.

Once the date sees that you are friendly with better looking women, she will get upset and then competitive to win you against the jealousy trap.

These are basic, but should double your numbers if you’re interested in psychological warfare. I know I know, you just want yo be yourself. Too bad! They’re showing up armed, you need to lock n load.
Yeah if you gotta play games like this to get a relationship, then it's not worth it. What you gonna do when your kids ask you how you met? Tell them you gaslit their mom into liking you?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Got a question for a dating thread. Maybe not a question so much as me wondering if this is normal.

I've been on a ton of first dates. Like a friend joked that "50 First Dates" was a movie about me one time.

What I mean is that I've gone on a ton of dates with dating app matches, friends of friends, random women I met in a store, etc, and hardly any of them ever went beyond the first date. The ones that did, hardly any of those went beyond the second.

Friends of friends have a much higher chance of lasting a little while, but random women and app matches have pretty roundly been 1 date and nada. I've had my share of relationships (aka dating for a month or longer) but My God do I have a lot of 1 date or 2 date things in-between those. Probably 6 fizzles for every actual thing that lasted any length of time. (Edit: 6 might even be low-balling it, IDK, I haven't kept score)

Many, maybe most, of these first dates involved the woman being all over me by the end of it. Not necessarily banging, more sitting in my lap making out with me type stuff. Then the next day I get ghosted or "too busy"ed.

So uh...is this normal? Almost everyone I've ever gone out with was in their early to mid 20's, if that explains anything. And I didn't make much money back then (was a student for a lot of it) which is probably my answer right there. Either way, wondering if anyone else has had that experience or has friends who have. Cause it really starts to feel like there's something wrong with you after a while when you hardly ever get to a second or third date with anyone, despite being good-looking and charming (and the women who do like you, REALLY like you). Just doesn't make much sense. Unless that's simply the normal way of things, to get made out with and then ghosted by 6 out of 7 girls you take out.

Is this normal? Yes. Early to mid 20s? "All over you" by the end of the date? None of those girls were interested in a relationship. They wanted you to buy them dinner and then plow them.

If you're interested in a serious relationship, you can't use Tinder, and even Bumble isn't great. You're going to want to use an app like Hinge and don't even bother talking to anyone under 24.

Also, the way you position yourself as dating material is very different from the way you position yourself as one-night-stand material. If you want a one night stand, you act cool, mysterious, and really flex what you're doing in the present. But if you want a relationship, you need to be honest, vulnerable, and focus on future plans.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You sound like a good looking guy who doesn't realize how good looking he is, honestly. Most guys on FoH will say shit like "women don't even enjoy sex, they just do it because we want it" etc but... That's just not true lol. Women are fundamentally the same as men when it comes down to it. Just sociocultural factors have made it so that they can be more selective in their mates.

Women like sex as much as we do (sometimes more), they just don't want to have to ask for it, or chase it.

Is this normal? Yes. Early to mid 20s? "All over you" by the end of the date? None of those girls were interested in a relationship. They wanted you to buy them dinner and then plow them.

If you're interested in a serious relationship, you can't use Tinder, and even Bumble isn't great. You're going to want to use an app like Hinge and don't even bother talking to anyone under 24.

Also, the way you position yourself as dating material is very different from the way you position yourself as one-night-stand material. If you want a one night stand, you act cool, mysterious, and really flex what you're doing in the present. But if you want a relationship, you need to be honest, vulnerable, and focus on future plans.

Hinge, huh? What a weird name. What sets that apart from the others?

Tinder did absolutely nothing for me ever except a bunch of mediocre first dates. Bumble was significantly better but still didn't lead to anything serious. At least it didn't feel like a total joke like Tinder did.

Though bear in mind I only used them for about 2 months each and didn't spend a lot of time/energy on them. I can safely say that even if I HAD, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere with Tinder. Bumble, on the other hand, felt like a pretty good bet if one applied themselves on it. I've heard the word "Hinge" a lot in the last couple years and don't know anything beyond that.

Glad to hear my experience was normal with all these 20-something chicks grinding their nether-regions against my torso by the end of date 1 and then ghosting me. What a wasteland.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The great Frank TJ Mackey gave us a few simple rules that will catapult you to more successful dates.

The 14 day rule is easily the most simple and useful. If you really like someone and had a great date, then you must wait 14 days to ask them out again. You must be hard on yourself, do not break this.

Second is setting jealousy traps. Everyone has a friend or acquaintance that is really good looking. Let them know you need to use them to set a jealousy trap - make sure they show up to whatever public event your date ends up at - not a restaurant preferably.

Once the date sees that you are friendly with better looking women, she will get upset and then competitive to win you against the jealousy trap.

These are basic, but should double your numbers if you’re interested in psychological warfare. I know I know, you just want yo be yourself. Too bad! They’re showing up armed, you need to lock n load.

I think this might be a joke post but I can't tell because the second half is actually a good bit. Having a female friend show up at an event, so you can pay some attention to her, would most certainly make you multiple times more desirable to your date.

My closest female friend who isn't dead at this point is a very hot blonde. We had our moment, she turned me down, now she's taken. She has still been a good wingman for me before. I'm certain I could get her to show up at an event to make a date jealous, and her having blonde hair, blue eyes, and a TV-ready face would probably do the trick in making another girl jealous of my attention. That or just threatened to the point that they think it isn't gonna work, I could see that happening too. She also has hot friends and once offered to set me up with one of them, which I turned down, because I was interested in her. Lawl, I can be a dumbass sometimes.

Now for the "14 day rule", that's absolutely retarded, I'm sorry. Waiting half a month does absolutely nothing except open the door for another guy to shift into her interest zone. Not just open a door, open all the windows too. There's a lot of competition out there and any given woman gains new prospects just walking down the street. You have to stay in that interest zone and keep her engaged.

The girl I was with for like 7 years, I waited 3 days to ask her out again after our first date because I wanted to "keep her guessing". Was gonna ask her out on the 4th or 5th day after, but on the 3rd she was like "sooooo are you gonna ask me out on another date or what?" so I did it then and we were together a long time.

She later told me that even 3 days was too long and she was actually starting to lose interest / wonder if I was some kind of fuckboi playing games. Said if I'd waited another day or two she might have just moved on. There was another guy (an Indian doctor) who she'd gone out with a week or so previous and he was trying to get her to go out with him again, but she was hoping I'd work out because she had a lot more fun with me. She didn't care about people's money or whatever.

Second date was good, then the next day she got into an accident. Didn't respond to my messages for two days and I thought I'd done something wrong. Then I got a "had an accident so I'm injured, this just isn't a good time for me to date someone, I'm sorry" type text from her. Again I had an option, I could either be aloof and Keep It Real by not responding for a while, or I could do what I did. Went and got some flowers and showed up at her place with them. She was all bruised and bandaged up, and I told her it didn't matter to me that she looked like a mess, and we sat on the couch chilling for a few hours. After that we were an official item.

Point is, I didn't Keep It Real, I just went with what made sense. I tried the aloof thing with other girls and it never worked. I can remember a couple of girls in particular who I had a good time with, then just held off on texting them again to "build mystery" and make them reach out to me first. It's been about 9 years and I'm still waiting for them to text first. Diamond-handsing like fuck over here.

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Gave an update but it got buried under all the advice we gave sleevedraw lol.

The divorcee woman has been back home in Uruguay with her daughter, staying with her family down there, for the last two weeks. She says she's coming back but I've got a feeling she's going to try to just stay down there, so that she doesn't have to share custody with her husband here in Michigan. Which is illegal I'm sure but I can't imagine it's the sort of thing they'd bother with extradition over. So that door might be closed.

Had a few women on Facebook message me to hit on me this year but none of them have worked out. The latest one seemed chill until she started telling me that she literally believes herself to be the physical incarnation of Wisdom / Sophia / the Holy Spirit. Yes, as in the Holy Spirit from the Trinity. Even that wasn't quite too batshit for me but then a few other things ended up piling on top of that. Blocked her today.

She was damn cute tho.

View attachment 464032
Oy vey….

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I think this might be a joke post but I can't tell because the second half is actually a good bit. Having a female friend show up at an event, so you can pay some attention to her, would most certainly make you multiple times more desirable to your date.

My closest female friend who isn't dead at this point is a very hot blonde. We had our moment, she turned me down, now she's taken. She has still been a good wingman for me before. I'm certain I could get her to show up at an event to make a date jealous, and her having blonde hair, blue eyes, and a TV-ready face would probably do the trick in making another girl jealous of my attention. That or just threatened to the point that they think it isn't gonna work, I could see that happening too. She also has hot friends and once offered to set me up with one of them, which I turned down, because I was interested in her. Lawl, I can be a dumbass sometimes.

Now for the "14 day rule", that's absolutely retarded, I'm sorry. Waiting half a month does absolutely nothing except open the door for another guy to shift into her interest zone. Not just open a door, open all the windows too. There's a lot of competition out there and any given woman gains new prospects just walking down the street. You have to stay in that interest zone and keep her engaged.

The girl I was with for like 7 years, I waited 3 days to ask her out again after our first date because I wanted to "keep her guessing". Was gonna ask her out on the 4th or 5th day after, but on the 3rd she was like "sooooo are you gonna ask me out on another date or what?" so I did it then and we were together a long time.

She later told me that even 3 days was too long and she was actually starting to lose interest / wonder if I was some kind of fuckboi playing games. Said if I'd waited another day or two she might have just moved on. There was another guy (an Indian doctor) who she'd gone out with a week or so previous and he was trying to get her to go out with him again, but she was hoping I'd work out because she had a lot more fun with me. She didn't care about people's money or whatever.

Second date was good, then the next day she got into an accident. Didn't respond to my messages for two days and I thought I'd done something wrong. Then I got a "had an accident so I'm injured, this just isn't a good time for me to date someone, I'm sorry" type text from her. Again I had an option, I could either be aloof and Keep It Real by not responding for a while, or I could do what I did. Went and got some flowers and showed up at her place with them. She was all bruised and bandaged up, and I told her it didn't matter to me that she looked like a mess, and we sat on the couch chilling for a few hours. After that we were an official item.

Point is, I didn't Keep It Real, I just went with what made sense. I tried the aloof thing with other girls and it never worked. I can remember a couple of girls in particular who I had a good time with, then just held off on texting them again to "build mystery" and make them reach out to me first. It's been about 9 years and I'm still waiting for them to text first. Diamond-handsing like fuck over here.
Nah man. You're looking for a wife. Don't follow his advice. You don't want to be manipulating things behind the scenes to win her love. Build your storybook romance in a way that you don't have to leave anything out.

Instead of bringing around a female friend to make her jealous, it's better to genuinely introduce her to your friends in a natural way and have her see the way you are kind, loving, and fun with your friends. If she is the kind of woman you want, then that will draw her in far more than artificial jealously does.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Oy vey….
Actually heard from her this morning and she's back in Michigan. Weird timing that she messaged me right after I decided to emotionally check out.

Screenshot_20230319-205002.png

• 2Cringe
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Actually heard from her this morning and she's back in Michigan. Weird timing that she messaged me right after I decided to emotionally check out.

View attachment 464444

She reminds me so much of this Indian woman I dated a few years ago, who was from Michigan and moved back there since then.

Same text style, same level of ridiculous busy-ness. A while back I was looking for a picture she sent me and flipped through our texts and 90% of them were her talking about how busy she is.

It obviously didn't work out, but we did have the best sex I've ever had. She was 39 and knew what the hell she was doing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
She reminds me so much of this Indian woman I dated a few years ago, who was from Michigan and moved back there since then.

Same text style, same level of ridiculous busy-ness. A while back I was looking for a picture she sent me and flipped through our texts and 90% of them were her talking about how busy she is.

It obviously didn't work out, but we did have the best sex I've ever had. She was 39 and knew what the hell she was doing.
Yeah I am not used to trying to date women like her. Generally through my life I have dated "down" (in before anyone makes a joke like "how is that possible?".... My life wasn't always a wreck 💙). She genuinely is busy as fuck tho. The hot and cold shit fucks with my head sometimes of course, but I'm trying to be understanding. Only one time in the three months we've been talking where I ended up losing my cool a little. Was drunk one night and texted her a kind of butthurt emo message wondering why I hadn't heard from her in a bit. Looking back I'm surprised but she actually reacted well. I think SHE was surprised that I was even bothered at all, I think maybe she doesn't realize I'm ACTUALLY into her? Idk. Tough nut to crack. We have great energy when we're together tho, so even tho the distance / time gaps are a bummer... Still out of all the women in my life the one I'm hoping for. Idk if I'd call it "love" at the moment (I genuinely try to love everyone so... Can be hard to tell sometimes lol) but yeah. :)

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Hinge, huh? What a weird name. What sets that apart from the others?

Users have to answer three prompts to appear on their profile, and usually they will indicate how serious/deep a woman is before you meet up with her. People can also optionally fill out other demographic information like religious beliefs, political alignment, whether or not they want kids, which vices they get into, etc. and you can filter the profiles you see based on that. For example, I set my feed to only show me women who said they held conservative political beliefs, are Christian, between the ages of 26 and 33, want kids, don't already have kids, and don't smoke or do drugs. Then from there I just had to manually filter people out by prompts.

But I think the absolute best thing about Hinge is that you don't have to "match" with someone to message them. If you like their profile, you can send them a message and they're guaranteed to see it, and they can choose to either message you back which opens up a dialogue or if they don't want to talk to you, then can decline your message request. The important thing here is that you never have to worry about whether or not you've come up on their feed for them to have the opportunity to match with you; if you message her, she'll see it the next time she opens the app.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Like I said, the best advice comes from women, and I don't see none of those in this thread. There are still a few good things to pick up here though.

I don't know wha'ts funnier. That you think women know what they want, or that they would tell you.

I was also going to tell you to stop using tinder if you don't want hookups, but that's already been said. I used ehamony and had good luck. I think paying for the service weeds out the people looking for a ONS. But I met my wife on a free one called plentyoffish.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So, results of date yesterday.

I don't really know how to put in words. It was fine, nothing was wrong, conversation was good. Seems to be down to Earth and reasonable. It was an enjoyable evening. I just don't feel a spark, can't decide if should continue.

• 2Like
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I've stopped dating because I don't feel physically attracted to women who are at or near my own age. However, I also couldn't handle the personality of someone much younger.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So, results of date yesterday.

I don't really know how to put in words. It was fine, nothing was wrong, conversation was good. Seems to be down to Earth and reasonable. It was an enjoyable evening. I just don't feel a spark, can't decide if should continue.
No red flags?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
No red flags?
No, nothing stood out to me. Obviously that isn't to say there aren't any, but nothing came out. She has common sense about your political issues along the lines of like Electric cars being a scam (her Dad was a mechanic and bitches about them a lot), police stuff, lots of bullshit corruption tied to money, etc. She's home schooling her 14 y/o daughter for the past few years because she was a teacher and saw what was going on in schools. The stuff she tells me about her daughter tends me to believe she's raising her right and has a good kid. She has a good heart. She's bigger, so it's possible I'm just being vain and the physical is holding me off from really connecting, and is something I would probably get over. IT could just be something that needs more time, dunno.

• 3Like