Dauntless - Co-op Action RPG - Ex Bioware devs

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I saw the login queue on PS4 and put this game on hold until that stuff is straightened out. The number of times you wait for 10 minutes to do a solo run should be 2. One additional attempt beyond the first to see if it's a fluke. There are so many other things to do than try to play this specific game. Wait until it's fixed. If it's never fixed, you just saved yourselves hours. I don't understand how so many smart people can zone out and fall for this shit every time the new shiny appears.

Well its F2P so easy to check it out.

But yeah. When shit like this happens why go through the aggravation and actually play a game. :)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
F2P that I liked enough initially to get their pass thing a la Rocket League's rocket pass :p Mission accomplished I suppose.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I did the $5 deal too, just so I could get the hunt pass for this season. Not a fan of some of the other mtx they sell, but the pass isn't bad at all when you consider you get back 500 plat of the 1k you spend on it, assuming you complete it all before the season ends.

Doubt I'll play much once I finish the seasonal stuff, which doesn't really take very long (see video) but I'm still very much interested in playing the game more once it is released on Switch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider

That requires skill and lots of gear so its good but not for everyone. You can casually be a pleb and still complete the pass easily. Logging in daily to get 50 points in town from picking up the pass item (changes each pass) and completing the weeklies. If you just targeted the weeklies each week you could probably finish them in like 2-5 hours depending on how well they stack. Plus you'll get the break part drops.

Vorph

Apparently the weekend is started already...

Thankfully I can just put it in a window on my PC using Remote Play and do other shit, but still that's pretty ridiculous for 16:00.

Edit: Only took 12 minutes to get in, so I guess 30k isn't really much of a queue. I left the queue running while I went out to eat at a restaurant a couple nights ago and still had to wait another 15-20 minutes more after I got home.

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Apparently the weekend is started already...

View attachment 208872

Thankfully I can just put it in a window on my PC using Remote Play and do other shit, but still that's pretty ridiculous for 16:00.

Edit: Only took 12 minutes to get in, so I guess 30k isn't really much of a queue. I left the queue running while I went out to eat at a restaurant a couple nights ago and still had to wait another 15-20 minutes more after I got home.

Most people probably saw the queue and noped out and played something else.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Welp. Their queue number is completely arbitrary because mine says 30000 on the nose as well.

Lol hit cancel. Connected immediately. Down to 20k on the nose.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I actually logged in earlier to check it out again, 20k queue, but it only took like 5mins to get in, and then I could actually start game after 20-30secs of waiting, so that was an improvement. Game didn't feel that good though, not a big fan of the weapon movesets, which aren't complete because of the progression system, F2P nonsense always in your face about how much better the game would be if you just gave them money(every hunt there's the little "this is where your additional drops would go if you paid" and the unlock the hero season pass whatever shit every other lvl), low budget production for the "story" aspect so it's really just chaining the monsters, UI and inventory is kinda clunky to figure out what kind of mats I have and how many I need to craft all the stuff I want. So meh. It's alright I guess but I'll just wait for the MHW expansion and find something else to play for now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Loaded this shit up if peeps are going to play! BrahmaDogAlpha is my in game name...

ddd.jpg

• 2Like

Vorph

This is becoming a little too common in Dire patrols...

Usually because one dude shows up woefully undergeared for the hunt and uses up the whole danger meter himself. The worst part is you can't leave the fucktards on the ground because that just causes the meter to rise even faster too.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This is becoming a little too common in Dire patrols...

View attachment 209038

Usually because one dude shows up woefully undergeared for the hunt and uses up the whole danger meter himself. The worst part is you can't leave the fucktards on the ground because that just causes the meter to rise even faster too.

LOL! Hahahhaahahahaha!!! Never had a disparity that large.

I'm working my way from the bottom up. Learn all the fights again. My gear powers me thru thank god.

q.jpg
f.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Been playing this some with my buddies in the evenings, up to level 17. Was struggling to find a weapon I really liked, after having started with chain blades. Watched a video on YouTube about the chain blades and the guy mentioned +6 weighted strikes to boop behemoths. I didn’t even know that was a thing. Lucky for me I had the cores and was able to try it out, and man what a difference it makes.

Did Embermane a few times because I still needed his break parts for the quest. I know he’s an entry level behemoth, but being able to interrupt him with a ranged heavy attack made it super trivial. Now I just need to learn what moves on the other behemoths can be bopped and start figuring them out.

What I came here to ask is: are there any other “get +6 in this ability” type things that really change how strong/effective a weapon can be?

The dauntless Reddit is just a bunch of shitty memes that I don’t feel like wading through.

Vorph

Yeah the subreddit is terrible. Search for ohdough on youtube.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Been playing this some with my buddies in the evenings, up to level 17. Was struggling to find a weapon I really liked, after having started with chain blades. Watched a video on YouTube about the chain blades and the guy mentioned +6 weighted strikes to boop behemoths. I didn’t even know that was a thing. Lucky for me I had the cores and was able to try it out, and man what a difference it makes.

Did Embermane a few times because I still needed his break parts for the quest. I know he’s an entry level behemoth, but being able to interrupt him with a ranged heavy attack made it super trivial. Now I just need to learn what moves on the other behemoths can be bopped and start figuring them out.

What I came here to ask is: are there any other “get +6 in this ability” type things that really change how strong/effective a weapon can be?

The dauntless Reddit is just a bunch of shitty memes that I don’t feel like wading through.

The Discord is decent with a lot of of streamers (such as OhDough and Xanny) who post in the meta chat often. Though they're a bit elitist, there is a lot of information there.

I don't believe that any other +6 impacts a weapon as much as weighted strikes does for Chain blades, except that weighted strikes also does the same thing for repeaters last time I checked. I'm hoping they add more impactful, weapon specific cells in the future.

• 1Like

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
The queues are basically resolved so it's pretty easy to play this game now. Prior to this, I had never played Monster Hunter or any other game in this genre. Overall, I think it's fun, if a little shallow. Have had pretty smooth sailing in general other than maybe 50/50 odds against Nayzaga. I'll admit I haven't picked up on his moves perfectly yet, but in a 4 player match it's tough to avoid all the balls when no one is killing the spikes. I also made the strange decision to level up a different weapon for each element and my Terra weapon is an axe, which seems ill suited for that particular fight.

I'd give the game a 6.5/10, most of the points off for depth. I saw a lot of comments about how it's a discount Monster Hunter so I also decided to buy that since I'm general I was enjoying the game... they seem relatively different (at the start at least).