Dave Chappelle

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Chris Rock, Chappelle, etc never seem to have a problem with racist jokes and stereotypes until they have 7-8 figures in their bank account, then all of a sudden it becomes a thing

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Chris Rock, Chappelle, etc never seem to have a problem with racist jokes and stereotypes until they have 7-8 figures in their bank account, then all of a sudden it becomes a thing
Chappelle has always been low key racist against white people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Chappelle has always been low key racist against white people.
He kind of makes fun of people in general including black people, but sure, there might be some of that baked in. Also why I still think peak Eddie Murphy is the best, that dude just made fun of just about every stereotype.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Chris Rock was literally my favorite comedian up until the last 10 minutes of his 3rd special when he did the 'it's all right if it's all white.' It was garbage at the end of a great run.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Chris Rock was literally my favorite comedian up until the last 10 minutes of his 3rd special when he did the 'it's all right if it's all white.' It was garbage at the end of a great run.
the race bait humor was good for a time, but if thats all you do, even that gets old.

Cybsled

Regarding Chappelle, he more or less admitted in the past that he felt a lot of pressure during when his show was at its peak. He recounted some interaction he had with Richard Pryor where Pryor was basically "passing the crown" to him and that, combined with the drama on the show and all the undesirable aspects of fame (ie, random people walking up to him while he was with his young kids and being all "I'm Rick James, BITCH") made him walk away.

Not sure if it was before or after he left the show, but ultimately he moved into rural farm in the midwest to get away from people

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Regarding Chappelle, he more or less admitted in the past that he felt a lot of pressure during when his show was at its peak. He recounted some interaction he had with Richard Pryor where Pryor was basically "passing the crown" to him and that, combined with the drama on the show and all the undesirable aspects of fame (ie, random people walking up to him while he was with his young kids and being all "I'm Rick James, BITCH") made him walk away.

Not sure if it was before or after he left the show, but ultimately he moved into rural farm in the midwest to get away from people
yeah thats the real reason, that virtue signal reason about "not wanting to hurt the black community" is just his cover story. he will happily make black jokes all day long as long as he doesnt get any yahoos trolling him with Rick James imitations.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I was at Chappelle's first show in Vegas Fourth of July weekend. It was pretty good overall, not his best though, which is understandable considering the 19 an all.

Chappelle's openers were Donnelle Rawlings, Jeff Ross and the Roots. Who ever did the sound check for the Roots royal fucked up, because it just sounded like I blender ate a guitar while being eaten by a jet engine. I have seen the Roots in concert a couple times when I was younger, so when they sounded so bad I was like who the fuck is this shitty Roots Cover Band?

I also saw my favorite Bill Burr that weekend, Bill's show was better and more polished.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
New special is sssssaaaaaaavvvaaaaggggeeee

Lol

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
enjoyed it. sat down to just watch 20 mins but ended up watching the whole thing. Its about 70% on one subject but he is still really a master of crafting a interlinked story and making it interesting. I definitely see why he frames it as the 5th and final of his Netflix specials, they do feel like a set.

His whole shtick is still everything seen through the prism of "what about black men", but i mean... that makes sense given his life, you just have to remember that context and sorta throw away some of his conceits. watch the credits, last shot is one with him and norm

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
enjoyed it. sat down to just watch 20 mins but ended up watching the whole thing. Its about 70% on one subject but he is still really a master of crafting a interlinked story and making it interesting. I definitely see why he frames it as the 5th and final of his Netflix specials, they do feel like a set.

His whole shtick is still everything seen through the prism of "what about black men", but i mean... that makes sense given his life, you just have to remember that context and sorta throw away some of his conceits. watch the credits, last shot is one with him and norm
I was the same. I was going to watch half today and the other half tomorrow but ended up finishing the whole thing. It was non stop laughs for me. Dave is hands down the best story teller comedian.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Lol
Physically ill
Stay Retarded resetera
Screenshot_20211007-205602_Chrome.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I was the same. I was going to watch half today and the other half tomorrow but ended up finishing the whole thing. It was non stop laughs for me. Dave is hands down the best story teller comedian.
Umm, Joey Diaz would like to have a word with you.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I thank the LGBTQ community losing their shit about this special for bringing it to my attention. I will be sure to watch this weekend.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users