Dave Chappelle

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
pretty long rambling "Dave just talks without being funny", not really comedy and not really that interesting and way too much inside baseball talk but if you are a huge Chappelle mega fan I guess its... something. He is angry as FUCK at HBO at the end and pretty unhinged

thats some good comedy.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
literally watching a millionaire cry on stage about how he was mistreated because he didnt feel like working anymore but couldnt keep the millions

all this over some sketch show

people are dumb

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I respect Chappelle for what he's done in the past, but he's lost it. I can't believe people pay to go see what he does now.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
He's reached that Richard Pryor/George Carlin level where people act like everything he says is straight from the lips of God it's so amazing and profound, even if he's just crying about how he could be somewhat more rich and famous than he already is..

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
pretty long rambling "Dave just talks without being funny", not really comedy and not really that interesting and way too much inside baseball talk but if you are a huge Chappelle mega fan I guess its... something. He is angry as FUCK at HBO at the end and pretty unhinged

but seriously, he needs to cut that shit out. he's just whining about getting fucked on a contract he agreed to honor , then chose to back out on. there is no sympathy to be had for him and he's giving a sob story to his audience and using the race card as much as possible. he certainly isnt giving an honest account. i hope HBO sues his ass.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
but seriously, he needs to cut that shit out. he's just whining about getting fucked on a contract he agreed to honor , then chose to back out on. there is no sympathy to be had for him and he's giving a sob story to his audience and using the race card as much as possible. he certainly isnt giving an honest account. i hope HBO sues his ass.
Dave has always been kind of a jackass. He was just funny as shit so we didn't care.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dave has always been kind of a jackass. He was just funny as shit so we didn't care.
yeah, its his whole comedy style.
but this weepy selfishness is something new. and he thinks he re-invented comedy. which he didnt. he did one good movie, and had a comedy show on cable for a few years that people liked. then he wigged out and people just forgot about him because life goes on.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
His early standup specials are still good today. The later ones are worth a watch too, but not timeless.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Without Charlie Murphy to keep things coherent and on track, this will be shit. Charlie was the real brains behind the Chapelle's show success.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
He talked in the previous one about the idea of bringing it back and doing another show, but that he couldn't because of the contractual issues. Maybe he will, idk who he would do it with, probably Netflix given how hard they ride for him. Seems unlikely though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
He said he was turned off of doing sketch comedy because his own pokings at black culture was basically loved by racist people. He felt like he was trying to lampoon stereotypes but was instead playing to them for the people he disliked the most. He always tells the story of why he stopped with Season 3 when he had some joke with some racist shit and a bunch of white people laughed at the "wrong" part and he was like "Oh. Shit. This isn't what I want."

Honestly he should just lean into it and give it to everyone he wants to. Black, white, asian, trans, gay, whoever. Dish it out to everyone and as long as it's funny fuck the haters.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He said he was turned off of doing sketch comedy because his own pokings at black culture was basically loved by racist people. He felt like he was trying to lampoon stereotypes but was instead playing to them for the people he disliked the most. He always tells the story of why he stopped with Season 3 when he had some joke with some racist shit and a bunch of white people laughed at the "wrong" part and he was like "Oh. Shit. This isn't what I want."

Honestly he should just lean into it and give it to everyone he wants to. Black, white, asian, trans, gay, whoever. Dish it out to everyone and as long as it's funny fuck the haters.
he didnt care about black stereotypes, he cared about jackasses coming up to him and expecting him to recite the old skits from his show. he complained a lot about that at the time. i understand it. when you become super popular for saying dumb shit and people want you to keep saying that dumb shit because its the funniest thing they ever heard it gets lame. chappelle built his career on all that race baiting humor, he just didnt like it thrown back at him every minute.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

Yeah, I can see that. I've read different versions of this article I could swear that mention different skits. But the general gist of it was that some things didn't sit right with him and he couldn't keep doing it.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
One white guy laughed too hard at some part of a skit and it made him think that he was playing to racists? Get the fuck out of here. That is his insecurity projected into someone else and he had no idea what part was that person taught was funny.

You people that think his position is even remotely acceptable are pathetic.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
One white guy laughed too hard at some part of a skit and it made him think that he was playing to racists? Get the fuck out of here. That is his insecurity projected into someone else and he had no idea what part was that person taught was funny.

You people that think his position is even remotely acceptable are pathetic.

Actually, you jumping to conclusions without getting the full story is what's pathetic.

If you want to hear the full story right from his mouth you can watch his interview with Letterman.

• 1EyeRoll

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Actually, you jumping to conclusions without getting the full story is what's pathetic.

If you want to hear the full story right from his mouth you can watch his interview with Letterman.

Just what I was looking for! The best part is when he went up to the white guy after the skit and asked him the reason he was laughing harder than anyone else and the guy said "Because that is exactly what all stupid black people act like! God I hate all of you and wish you would die!"

Oh wait, that isnt what happened. He was trying to save face after walking away from a 50 million dollar contract and knew that 'because racism' has been an easy way to score points since the early 90s.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users