Dawn of The Planet of The Apes

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
WTF. Planet of the apes without Heston and Dr. Zeas? What total crap.

J/k, this looks awesome.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I loved watching the original movie as a kid, even though it released a few years before I was born. I didn't expect to like the most recent movie, but Caesar's expressions just blew me away. Looking forward to this.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I fully expected the newest one to be retarded trash, and it was pretty awesome. I'm looking forward to this, Caesar looks amazing.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I'm a huge fan of all things Planet of the Apes (even the TV show) pre reboot. My series of reactions were like this...

Fucking James Franco better not be in this....fucking Franco nearly ruined that whole film for me...Draco Malfoy and Brian Cox were good, but fucking Franco....this is just going to be a money grab....not going to see this no matter what.

Oh, they got Serkis back....and Gary Oldman...well shit. This will probably be one of the best films of the year then.

Cybsled

I'm guessing they will explain that Franco and his girlfriend died from the virus or something.

I would laugh if they brought back the actor who played Mckay on Stargate, though. Dude was tortured through the whole 1st movie and became patient zero, so to speak.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I have to suspend disbelief soooooooooo fucking hard for these movies, because i know rednecks would be in those jungles eating all the apes the second shit actually went down. If I can supress common sense again, this might actually be enjoyable like the first one somehow was.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I wonder if they will attempt an explanation of how a worldwide ape population could overthrown seven billion humans or just pretend like numbers are irrelevant.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's due to the disease that kills most of the humans.

1st "new" movie = giving apes intelligence.
2nd "new" movie = most of humanity is dead. Those that survive are enslaved by apes or are hiding in the wild, avoiding capture.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the same virus that evolves the apes also ends up killing humans. As one spreads, so does the other.

Cybsled

Ya, if you remember the 1st movie, at the end they basically showed how the fatal virus was spread to pretty much every corner of the world, because that one dude that got infected was an airline pilot.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I wouldn't have thought that Hollywood would greenlight a prequel to 12 Monkeys but here we are.

Thought the first Ape thing was alright. Had a few problems with it like having a 100% reversal Alzheimers medication and not taking that to market. Only lasts four years? Drat. I guess we'll only be billionaires.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Ya, if you remember the 1st movie, at the end they basically showed how the fatal virus was spread to pretty much every corner of the world, because that one dude that got infected was an airline pilot.
Yeah, I was surprised they had the foresight to do this. I originally didn't see it because they said it was the start of a franchise and my first thought was that there are about 200-400k apes on earth, not including humans--just giving apes intelligence doesn't exactly make this fight fair. But their little virus package/narrative worked that out. Granted, you still need to suspend belief over the effects of the virus itself, but since the movie's theme was about the apes rise, and not the sci-fi nature of the virus, that's easy to ignore.

On the whole, humans only have two advantages over other apes--our intelligence and our bodies are a ton more efficient. We can go farther, on much less (Yay true bipedal locomotion!). But other than those two things, apes are better in just about every way. If they got intelligence, and we were in a world where our populations were about even AND there was no huge lack of resources--apes rationally, would easily take over.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
GIS Ape Balls

rrr_img_54076.jpg

rrr_img_54077.jpg

rrr_img_54078.jpg

Cybsled

Thought the first Ape thing was alright. Had a few problems with it like having a 100% reversal Alzheimers medication and not taking that to market. Only lasts four years? Drat. I guess we'll only be billionaires.
Lol, you can't just take a drug to market instantly in the U.S.

There are all sorts of FDA benchmarks you would have to pass. Even if you fast tracked it/did some backalley bribery, you're still looking at years.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, you need years of human testing on a drug (I think a minimum of 10 years) before you can sell a drug on the mass market. The FDA requires you to have virtually every possible side effect figured out, and there are so many different types of body compositions and ways that drugs affect people, that it's incredibly difficult to get a drug to market.

That's also why they cost so fucking much until they become generics.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, you need years of human testing on a drug (I think a minimum of 10 years) before you can sell a drug on the mass market. The FDA requires you to have virtually every possible side effect figured out, and there are so many different types of body compositions and ways that drugs affect people, that it's incredibly difficult to get a drug to market.

That's also why they cost so fucking much until they become generics.
That's not even remotely true. There are no minimums or maximums. Every drug is different. Every indication is different. And the FDA rarely thinks of half of possible side effects let alone "virtually all of them".

And the "cost so fucking much" for a lot of reasons other than R&D. Mainly distribution companies who typically want 80% of your profit to take it to mass market.