Dawn of The Planet of The Apes

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
Didn't see this linked yet so here's some prequel short movies they madehttp://www.darkhorizons.com/news/327...-prequel-films
Year One: Spread of Simian Flu
Amidst the viral outbreak, a mother is quarantined after testing positive and must leave her husband and daughter to fend for themselves.

Year Five: Struggling to Survive
With humanity all but gone, an orphaned teenage girl survives by bartering things she has stolen from dead people's homes.

Year Ten: Story of the Gun
Follow the journey of a shotgun through the hands of several ill-fated owners.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It may be wrong and I may be a horrible person, but I laughed until I cried when I read that just now.
Ditto. It figures that the post that supertouch finally gets RRPed for is the funniest one he ever made and the only quality one.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I look at this film getting good reviews and acknowledge that hey, maybe they could make an actual decent ape movie these days. But I just have no motivation to see it, like literally I give zero fucks care about the plot of this film or the inevitable conclusion that will be no surprise. No zombies, no mech, no badass futuristic hardware or time travel.

It's a post-apocalyptic about survivors fighting the battles scenes that should have been in The Dark Knight Rises. But instead of an epic battle against the league of shadow they're facing smart monkeys who know how to use horses and guns, and the human survivors will lose. Who cares.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The twist is that at the end of the movie, the birds start rising.
rrr_img_70991.jpg

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Not really a remake, just a prequel-trilogy thing. But agreed, they are very entertaining. Looking forward to the new one and I'm curious to see where they go with the third.
I thought it was a remake of the following:
220px-Battle_for_the_planet_of_the_apes.jpg

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Those three shorts were well done. I've always been rather ambivalent about "Planet of the Apes" and I'm not necessarily sold on this movie simply because you kinda know what is going to happen (humans lose). Now the argument can be made that you almost always know what is going to happen in this big genre movies, but for some reason I am less interested in the journey when it comes to man vs ape.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I can't remember the last time I saw a movie where I didn't know what would happen in the end. Primer maybe?

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
All I can think about here is how they got the names wrong. Rise of the Planet of the Apes was about the very beginning, and how the apes gained intelligence. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is about how the apes take over. What? Shouldn't Dawn be the beginning, and Rise about how they take over? Did they not plan on making another one, and just didn't think this through?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's a difference between inferring what the ending is and already having it spelled out as history because of prior movies / remake. I equate it to T4 where you know the exact plot because it's already "happened" and they're not doing anything original. No amount of better acting and believable science will change how boring such movies are.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
saw it. seemed really long and meandering. no surprises once main characters have been established about 15 minutes in.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Solid B+, predictable but nothing that stood out as a cringeworthy/face palm moment.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
One of my favorite movies of the last few years. The story uses a lot of familiar themes but it does a great job of evoking sympathy for our simian brothers. I stopped noticing that the apes were CGI after a while.