DayZ, Arma2, Arma3

Kaljin

N00b
Finally some sanity happening in these patches! I can't stand scrubs that log out when things get rough and I sure as hell can't stand retards that need to gear up by server hops.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Logged in and ... tactical vest is gone. I had been wearing it for half an hour before I last logged. That is the kind of shit that has to stop soon.
yeah i am gonna steal this sig from the official dayz forums. (see below)

i t i s f u c k i n g a p h a.

and remember rule #1.

Example: today on the experimental servers I have a spray pained mosin with a pristine pu scope attached in my dude's hands while I am trying to find ammo for the sks that was slung. I hit some usual suspect towns and locations to find this ammo to no avail. So I decided to turn northeast and hit every town I could that have the buildings I list below within them to try and find this white whale box. Nothing..... Zero..... Within one of the towns I decided to take some cover and eat within a building that deemed the best one to cover me and still maintain a good look out on any intruders/hostiles. Yeah well when eating with two rifles in your possesion, that means one of them is gonna get put on the ground. That mosin hit the deck and decided to hide behind a wall that I couldnt clip through and retrieve that work of art after many attempts. Shit happens and I moved on to the story down below.

On another note, to not be a raging dick tonight, I did early today finally find some ammo for the sks. They are using a knock off ofthis brandwhich is a reallly expensive in RL compared to Tulo or Wolf , and can be found in the same places as you find the sks itself. It does come in a clip form once you unbox it, but it does not reload like your m4 by pressing R (if you have similar magazines loaded to the one that you are taking out). You have to manually do it like the Mosin.

I did kill another survivor today with this weapon at very close range inside of the Svetlo Police Station and that one had an sks in it too.

With the Police Station, 3 piano buildings, 3 orange brick 1-1/2 story buildings, 1 5 story office building and about 9 storage facilities, I recommend if you spawn on the East Coast, make a b-line for Svetlo and you use that as your first option to re-gear instead of an airbase or school/fire-station at known hotspots.

bayr_sl

shitlord
Not really, and if you're waiting for it to be anywhere near complete I think you'll be waiting a very long time (probably forever)

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
yeah i am gonna steal this sig from the official dayz forums. (see below)

i t i s f u c k i n g a p h a.

and remember rule #1.
I get it. I write code for a living and so I understand that most projects are much more difficult than they appear to be to an outsider. And, yes, I know I acknowledge it is an alpha every time I play.

That said, I believe that they should be focused on network and database reliability, followed closely by fixing pathing and glitching issues with zombies- rather than adding shit like berries and paint for Moisins. I do support the work they're doing to reduce hopping and combat logging, though.

So, rather than organic feature additions rolled up with slowly improving overall reliability, I'd say Rocket should hammer on the fundamentals until they are rock solid. For me, failures on basic game functionality are sort of a boner killer. Assuming we have enough items in the game for basic play (we do), I'd much rather know that my shit is going to be there when I log in than know that I canned mystery meat and a stormy kromer hat will be in the next patch.

Not really, and if you're waiting for it to be anywhere near complete I think you'll be waiting a very long time (probably forever)
Well my idea is to jump in, play for a while every time they have a big patch up, or when enough small patches accumulate. Was having tons of fun playin mod, then SA hit im like oh cool unexpected and never really played cuz everything wont last

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_58982.jpg

aw yea

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
For a second there I thought that was a horse head mask, I hope they put that shit in now.

images

W

Wrathcaster

Streaming on a high pop if anyone wants to join. Three hours or so. Hit me up if interested in some newspawn fun.

Muurloen

Anyone have an extra pristine or worn ACOG on a regular server? I have a pristine RDS or Comp2 and a pristine Mosin Compensator for trade.

dolaan_sl

shitlord
IS there a problem transferring from a hardcore to a regular server? The last post makes me things that is a possibility. I found a low pop 24/7 day hardcore server and I have been finally finding some success in gearing up though no 3rd person is kinda annoying sometimes.
BTW thank god I found a fireman's axe!! I have killed maybe 15 zombies with it. Now that I have a bit of equipment I was planning on finally finding a gun so was planing a trip to a military base or airstrip. I have too many hours into this game to have never found one. My goal is to team up with you guys so if I can t transfer it is back to the drawing-board.

Muurloen

No. They are two separate hives with in either the experimental branch (test servers) or stable branch (live servers).

Muurloen

To be a little clearer, you capability to have 4 different characters right now.

Gatsuh_sl

shitlord
LOL alpha is alpha for me again today. Logged in, cleaned up an airfield, only found a pistol and a crap ton of ammo/scopes, etc. Start running to a town(empty server btw) and screen goes black saying 'you are dead'. I laughed so hard, happened last week too but didn't get the dead screen, just logged in and everything was gone on the same server no less.

Game is still fun as shit though, kind of like the resets like this, cleans my inventory, gets so damn cluttered after awhile :p

Muurloen

What server were you playing on? I only play vilayer.com, fragnet, mpgs, gameservers.com, and the experimental servers. Not playing on those previously mentioned servers seem to run the risk of whacky shit happening, or your gear getting wiped when you change servers because the previous server you were on was not white-listed yet.

Patch came out today on stable.

Pretty much the same notes we have been informed on, with one more addition.

Version: 0.33.114926

This build continues with small bugfixes and several engine changes. A late addition of a significant change to the server variable processing has provided us a major performance boost on the server of around 5-10 FPS. This helps with a great deal of issues and results in a much smoother game experience from players even on a smooth server. Once several more of these optimizations are made it will allow us to increase player/zombie numbers and enable loot and zombie respawning.

Muurloen

After reading people's feedback of this patch on the boards, it sounds like they broke a lot of stuff. I don't think I am going to play for a few days.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
After reading people's feedback of this patch on the boards, it sounds like they broke a lot of stuff. I don't think I am going to play for a few days.
*tears*

that's what I said last patch.. and I was hoping that this one brought enough fixes to warrant getting involved again.

they'd better stop reskinning soda cans and adding hard hats and other fluff, and get a more serious attitude towards establishing a stronger foundation for this game.

i get that they have to add content, but meaningless content is just that. and if you can't add content and fix major problems without creating more major problems, don't release the patch

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
You got that right. All the shit this game needs and they are adding stuff like the ability to spraypaint a mosin.

Awesome.

Gatsuh_sl

shitlord
What server were you playing on? I only play vilayer.com, fragnet, mpgs, gameservers.com, and the experimental servers. Not playing on those previously mentioned servers seem to run the risk of whacky shit happening, or your gear getting wiped when you change servers because the previous server you were on was not white-listed yet.
Not really paying much attention outside 'regular' or 'hardcore' and 'US East/West', but it was regular US East 31 or something...not sure if it's on that list or experimental