DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Goatface

snyder didn't want the same tone as the tv show and he wanted to keep tv and movie universes different. ezra said snyder called him unexpectedly about being the flash, not sure he even had to audition. never saw ezra's movies, about kevin and being a wallflower, but apparently he got a big buzz from them.

majority of his running scenes look like ass (and what's up with his speed skater pose before he runs?),

iirc, ezra and a "team" worked on run style. supposedly the starting stance is a focus thing based of fung fu to get him to enter the speed force and the run is him flowing like water or in water. before the flash movie, remember seeing something about how he was supposed to be getting better a running in the speed force, but that didn't happen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Meanwhile you got Jonah Hill on Ozempic pulling off this. No excuse to any of them fatties.
aavkdjh0l3hb1.jpg
Head's too big for his body now; shoulda stayed chubby or get jacked like a comic book actor.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
snyder didn't want the same tone as the tv show and he wanted to keep tv and movie universes different. ezra said snyder called him unexpectedly about being the flash, not sure he even had to audition. never saw ezra's movies, about kevin and being a wallflower, but apparently he got a big buzz from them.

iirc, ezra and a "team" worked on run style. supposedly the starting stance is a focus thing based of fung fu to get him to enter the speed force and the run is him flowing like water or in water. before the flash movie, remember seeing something about how he was supposed to be getting better a running in the speed force, but that didn't happen.
that makes a lot of sense, the WB casting gets it done with no interference. they still should have used Gustin for Flash. and Manu Bennet for fucking Deathstroke. that guy was fucking excellent on Arrow and they took him off the show for one fucking end credit scene on Batman v Superman.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
wasnt there some shit about them having to kill off Waller and never do more than tease the Suicide Squad because the plans to use them in the DCEU took priority?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
wasnt there some shit about them having to kill off Waller and never do more than tease the Suicide Squad because the plans to use them in the DCEU took priority?
yes, they did this with a few characters. cant have one certain character on TV when their character is being put in the movies.

Goatface

snyderfan dug through gunn's unverified twitter account from 11 years ago

James Gunn Calls Christopher Nolan’s ‘Dark Knight’ Movies “Awful”

August 29, 2023
A51AD498-7CF1-47F8-81E7-15CCFBE40D88.jpeg

Zack Snyder fans don’t like James Gunn, some of them believe he is unfit to head DC. I’m more of the mindset that, with “superhero fatigue” entering the cultural zeitgeist, Warner CEO David Zaslav and Gunn chose the absolute wrong time to invest his money on a new superhero-verse.
Now, tweets from more than a decade ago have resurfaced in which Gunn openly hates on Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan’s Batman movies. Some are calling for Gunn’s head. I find it all very amusing.
The tweets in question shows a no-holds-barred Gunn’s absolute hate for Burton’s 1989 “Batman”:
The Tim Burton Batman is poorly written, the soundtrack is the worst work of everyone involved, and it is absolutely one of the most boring films ever. Before we go further, we can all agree that Prince had no business being involved with the film, right?
Gunn goes on to criticize Jack Nicholson’s interpretation of the Joker as nothing more than Jack Torrance in clown makeup. He also found Michael Keaton’s voice ridiculous and the overall acting not even on par with the 1960s TV series …
And, on top of everything, the dark creature of the night can’t even move his f*cking neck. Give me a f*cking break It’s a ridiculous, awful film. Burton’s Planet of the Apes is genius in comparison.” Now that is a take…
Gunn didn’t stop there. His vitriol was then aimed at Christopher Nolan’s ”Batman Begins” and “The Dark Knight,” both of which he finds to be very mid-level films:
I have problems with both of Nolan’s films – I don’t think either one is classic, and I don’t even really think Batman Begins is good […] despite being the first cinematic dark take on Batman (so what? Stallone’s Judge Dredd was the first dark take on Judge Dredd), the movie is awful.
No word yet on what Gunn thought of Matt Reeves’ “The Batman,” but these tweets obviously put more pressure on his upcoming take on Batman which will be part of his newly designed DCU. A new Batman movie titled The Brave and the Bold is in the works with “The Flash” director Andy Muschietti set to direct.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I can agree with Gunn on the Nolan Batman movies. Although I wouldn't call them terrible, they are kinda boring. Ledger Joker is the best thing to come out of the whole thing. I don't think I've rewatched those movies since the last one came out.

I loved Burton Batman as a kid, but if that was released today, it would be flamed to holy hell.

I also didn't care for the last Batman movie. Took me like 3 tries to finish it.

• 1Picard
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
I can agree with Gunn on the Nolan Batman movies. Although I wouldn't call them terrible, they are kinda boring. Ledger Joker is the best thing to come out of the whole thing. I don't think I've rewatched those movies since the last one came out.

I loved Burton Batman as a kid, but if that was released today, it would be flamed to holy hell.

I also didn't care for the last Batman movie. Took me like 3 tries to finish it.
Beavis And Butthead What GIF by Paramount+

The Dark Knight is easily the most re-watchable Batman movie in a long time and it flowed very well.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I hope they mean Nightwing. The whole point of Robin is The Boy Wonder, aka a kid. pfft!
Kick Ass proved it could work. :)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Batman Begins was pretty good. The Dark Knight was mediocre schlock elevated by an electrifying once in a lifetime (heh) performance from Ledger.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There was a rumor Damian was gonna be in it. But Id love to see Jason Todd get smoked by the Joker on the big screen.