DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

spronk

FPS noob

bunk from the wire

GIF by Giffffr

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Don't you mean Perry Black? Wasn't he already race swapped in Man of Steel? Geez, should have made her a Latina Woman Gunn.
Lawrence Fishburn. Given how little Gunn race swapped the rest of the cast, I'm almost willing to give this a pass. He's a good actor. They didn't make Jimmy Olsen a black woman which makes him the first ginger to not be raceswapped. There are actual good black characters in DC. John Stewart was one of the most popular Green Lanterns ever. Cyborg has always had the potential to be a great character and a great story if the right director that got it did it....could almost go a body horror route if they wanted to lean into the mature angle of DC. They have Mr. Terrific already. And frankly, you could use ANY race to play Martian Manhunter provided he's a good actor.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I would want Antonio Banderas to play the Martian Manhunter - I want him to sound like Puss N' Boots.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
In the sense there's actual sex and it's real, not fake. But no, it's not extreme in any way.

DickTrickle

Seems like they're going to stuff this one instead of building up, just like most of the DC films.

Last edited:

Goatface

Seems like they're going to stuff this one instead of building up like most of the DC films.
iirc, gunn said it is going to start with a fully developed super hero universe. superman would be doing stuff for like a decade.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

iirc, gunn said it is going to start with a fully developed super hero universe. superman would be doing stuff for like a decade.
Ah, didn't know that. Yeah, I guess I can see the sense in it, since DC has rebooted so many times. Hopefully he still lets the characters breath and not feel like a rush.

Chris

Potato del Grande
More like the MCU Spiderman then. Yeah don't need to see the origin story again.

Goatface

think will probably get origin stuff from flashbacks, but don't know if gunn does that, but he has posted superman for all seasons is major influence for the story

Jonathan Kent tells the story of how his boy, Clark, grew from the young boy down on the farm into the young man desiring to see the world. Ma & Pa Kent fear the power growing within young Clark while Clark, himself, questions his role in life and among humanity. We see the origins of a man who feels the weight of responsibility that comes with such great power.

rumored to also take from, superman what so funny about truth justice and the amercian way which was made into superman vs the elite

1709645252913.png

but instead of the elite will be the authority

with the authority getting their own movie and being the main conflict for at least first half of volume 1 of the new dcu