DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Things would be so much better if they made more movies based around British comic characters.

More Dredd for a start please.

And then some Nemesis, Strontium Dog, Rogue Trooper, ABC Warriors, Slaine...

• 2Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think that Marvel tends to have more grounded stories where people become heroes by accident using familiar technologies and science, so it's necessary to see their character development which helps you to like them and invest in future stories.

DC tends to have less relatable stuff. People who are born heroes/wealthy or are heroes because of some kind of weirdo alien/magic stuff. So you can't relate, meaning that it's got to go all in on the spectacle (80s Batman) and not try to be gritty grounded stories with a grey armoured baddie (Modern DCEU).

Now obviously there is overlap and examples of all of this in both, especially if you look at the comics too. But I think this is broadly true.

Even with things which are similar on the surface (Batman vs Iron Man), I've never seen one bit of character development for Batman, he's always a tourtured soul with the wealth to get proper treatmet but never does. Iron Man goes from rich charismatic asshole who does what he wants, to questioning his role in the world, to the guy that sacrifices himself for the team.
I think you mean Marvel does a better job of marketing, which they do. Marvel heroes like spidey and hulk wouldnt be shit without radiation. Iron man and Cap chose their path. Thor is just a god.
Its basically the same at DC. Flash was hit by lightning, Wonder Woman and Aquaman are gods. Superman is powered by radiation from our yellow sun. Batman uses technology to fight criminals.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Sasha Calle is the DCU Supergirl. She'll show up in the new Flash movie.

Sasha-Calle-Supergirl.jpg

• 1WTF

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
rumors swirling around that Amber Heard got fired from AQ2, but that may be hopium by people who hate her. she is a piece of work, but she is pretty hot in Aquaman. so i dont care as long as they get another hottie for the role.

-edit
other rumor is Emilia Clark is replacing her? man i hope they dont listen to these shippers.

Last edited:

Goatface

i don't see how they could fire her as she checks all the progressive boxes. personally don't care for her other than she had a nice ass as mera. don't give a shit about what happened between her and johnny. depp can just fuck off and i would never miss him.

Clark would be a joke replacement, but please hollywood keep trying to make her an action star.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i don't see how they could fire her as she checks all the progressive boxes. personally don't care for her other than she had a nice ass as mera. don't give a shit about what happened between her and johnny. depp can just fuck off and i would never miss him.

Clark would be a joke replacement, but please hollywood keep trying to make her an action star.
Warner Brothers is a weird company, they do contrary shit all the time because they are doing poorly financially and make kneejerk decisions thinking it will please the crowd. if they think the twitter mob wants her head then they will give it to them even if she is one of them. these people eat themselves all the time. WB is banking on this Snyder cut to save them somehow. its likely a bullshit rumor, but it wouldnt surprise me if they did do just that. its fucking clown world and anything can happen.

Fucker

Log Wizard
rumors swirling around that Amber Heard got fired from AQ2, but that may be hopium by people who hate her. she is a piece of work, but she is pretty hot in Aquaman. so i dont care as long as they get another hottie for the role.

-edit
other rumor is Emilia Clark is replacing her? man i hope they dont listen to these shippers.
No loss. She's a horrible actress and nuts to boot.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

-edit

Absolutely no chance. Amber is a statuesque beauty. Emilia Frump can't hold a candle.

Nobody would make that call.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Absolutely no chance. Amber is a statuesque beauty. Emilia Frump can't hold a candle.

Nobody would make that call.
see, the thing is, there is some weird article from Forbes. i dont know if Forbes drops fake news because a financial news outlet cant really get away with that too much. anyway here is the line from their article.
Her badass Thrones role catapulted her to A-list status, leading to other physically demanding film roles as young Sara Connor in Terminator Genisys and Qi’ra in Solo: A Star Wars Story. She also signed on to replace Amber Heard as Mera in Aquaman 2. Daenerys, Qi’ra, Mera—even her full name, Emilia Isobel Euphemia Rose Clarke, is a chore.

why the fuck would they even put that in an article? is somebody trolling? its weird as fuck.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Everybody in Aquaman does a pretty shitty acting job so Clarke would actually be a spot-on recast.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
see, the thing is, there is some weird article from Forbes. i dont know if Forbes drops fake news because a financial news outlet cant really get away with that too much. anyway here is the line from their article.

why the fuck would they even put that in an article? is somebody trolling? its weird as fuck.

Watching her onscreen is a fucking chore. Outside season 1 of GoT, she's a fucking god-awful "actress". I'm honestly surprised she has been able to get work after Genisys and Solo, both some of the weakest shit to be squeezed out of Hollywood's anus in the last decade.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Huh, just found out EC had a two strokes two years apart a bunch of years ago. That woman's days are numbered.

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys are dumb. It's a red headed character that means it has to be replaced by a bipoc... sooooooo

CONGRATULATIONS ZENDAYA ON CAPTURING YET ANOTHER BIG HOLLYWOOD ROLE.

1614122269070.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Filmmaker Angel Manuel Soto (“Charm City Kings”) is set to direct the “Blue Beetle” film for DC Films and Warner Bros. Pictures reports The Wrap.

The project will mark the first superhero movie starring a Latino character in the lead. Mexican-born writer Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer (“Miss Bala”) penned the script.

While three different characters have assumed the Blue Beetle mantle in the comics, the film will focus on the most recent incarnation – Mexican-American working-class teenager Jaime Reyes who lives in El Paso, is devoted to his family and has no connections to superheroes.

One day he discovers a scarab that grafts itself to his spine and provides him with a suit of extraterrestrial armor that can be modified to enhance his speed and strength, as well as to create weapons, wings and shields.

Shooting aims to begin this Fall.

• 1Worf
  • 1Direct to DVD

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Filmmaker Angel Manuel Soto (“Charm City Kings”) is set to direct the “Blue Beetle” film for DC Films and Warner Bros. Pictures reports The Wrap.

The project will mark the first superhero movie starring a Latino character in the lead. Mexican-born writer Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer (“Miss Bala”) penned the script.

While three different characters have assumed the Blue Beetle mantle in the comics, the film will focus on the most recent incarnation – Mexican-American working-class teenager Jaime Reyes who lives in El Paso, is devoted to his family and has no connections to superheroes.

One day he discovers a scarab that grafts itself to his spine and provides him with a suit of extraterrestrial armor that can be modified to enhance his speed and strength, as well as to create weapons, wings and shields.

Shooting aims to begin this Fall.
Fire Garbage GIF

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users