DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Honestly it doesn’t matter. They are going to have us on lock down, theaters are all going to continue to close, and we won’t be able to afford internet anyway.
if anything they'll make internet free. its the cheapest, most cost effective way to keep you docile and placated

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not true. A bullet is much less expensive, especially long term.

On topic, my recent bout with the batflu meant I did some binge watching of older movies to pass time while I half dozed. One of the things I blew through was the run of DC moves, all Snyder cuts when possible. I was ok with the release versions, contrary to the internet edgelord machine, but every single Snyder cut was demonstrably better than the release version. He just ends up making really long fucking movies (see full cut of Watchmen) that should really be two parters. I am actually looking forward to the Whedonless cut of JL. Outside of Man of Steel, I think all the Snyder cuts stand up just fine and I am starting to come around to the idea that Whedon is a hack who got lucky with firefly.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Honestly it doesn’t matter. They are going to have us on lock down, theaters are all going to continue to close, and we won’t be able to afford internet anyway.
but what about your 600 dollar relief check? what did you spend it all on hookers and blow?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Not true. A bullet is much less expensive, especially long term.

On topic, my recent bout with the batflu meant I did some binge watching of older movies to pass time while I half dozed. One of the things I blew through was the run of DC moves, all Snyder cuts when possible. I was ok with the release versions, contrary to the internet edgelord machine, but every single Snyder cut was demonstrably better than the release version. He just ends up making really long fucking movies (see full cut of Watchmen) that should really be two parters. I am actually looking forward to the Whedonless cut of JL. Outside of Man of Steel, I think all the Snyder cuts stand up just fine and I am starting to come around to the idea that Whedon is a hack who got lucky with firefly.

Maybe but Whedon also directed the first Avengers and Age of Ultron and they didnt suck.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Maybe but Whedon also directed the first Avengers and Age of Ultron and they didnt suck.
Can you honestly say you have any desire to rewatch them? Avengers was ok, it was just payoff for the MCU universe building. Age of Ultron, not so much. They really do not stand up well to the better MCU stuff like IW, End Game, Spiderman movies, or Guardians movies.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Can you honestly say you have any desire to rewatch them? Avengers was ok, it was just payoff for the MCU universe building. Age of Ultron, not so much. They really do not stand up well to the better MCU stuff like IW, End Game, Spiderman movies, or Guardians movies.

I like Age of Ultron, put it on a few times in past few weeks alone. First Avengers too.

Spiderman movies and Guardian movies I have zero interest in rewatching. They're just too kiddie.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Yes, I rewatched them quite a few times. Most of the MCU I have rewatched with the exception of Dark World, Capt Marvel, Black Panther and Ant Man and the Wasp.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
if anything they'll make internet free. its the cheapest, most cost effective way to keep you docile and placated

Just stumbled across this today, literally exactly your prediction:

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Just stumbled across this today, literally exactly your prediction:

I just put myself into the shoes of a dictator and ask myself what I would do to maintain power.

"Housing is a human right and should be free" isn't far behind but much more expensive. They'll probably start with "electricity should be free" and incrementally move to more and more expensive items.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

Spider-Man 2 and Guardians 2 are not bad movies, they're just boring. I liken them to Ironman 3 and Ant-Man and the Wasp. Similarly, Age of Ultron has the same sequelitis issue, while also having to deal with butt hurt Joss Whedon. AOU is an overall entertaining movie with really cool scenarios, though there are some things about it that are fundamentally broken. I'll watch it just to hear James Spader hamming it up. There are parts that irk me. Nothing particularly bothers me about SM2/G2, just not interesting enough to re-watch.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Spider-Man 2 and Guardians 2 are not bad movies, they're just boring. I liken them to Ironman 3 and Ant-Man and the Wasp. Similarly, Age of Ultron has the same sequelitis issue, while also having to deal with butt hurt Joss Whedon. AOU is an overall entertaining movie with really cool scenarios, though there are some things about it that are fundamentally broken. I'll watch it just to hear James Spader hamming it up. There are parts that irk me. Nothing particularly bothers me about SM2/G2, just not interesting enough to re-watch.
spiderman 2 isnt boring. its shitty. like dumb shit in every scene. but it had a lot of action, they tried to explain the dumb shit, but it was still dumb shit.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

1611933490691.png

• 4Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users