DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

spronk

FPS noob

I'm pretty confident in Gunn moving the DC forward though, everything he makes is pretty good

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Hey Rock.... Captain America also cost 60 million less than Black Adam and Disney probably spent less on promoting the thing. Companies don't spend 350 million to make a measly 50 mil if you are lucky.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Funny because reports are coming out that WW3 is cancelled. Gunn must of saw WW84 and said nahh..

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Funny because reports are coming out that WW3 is cancelled. Gunn must of saw WW84 and said nahh..
I mean if I were Gunn I'd want to start over as fresh as possible. There is too much baggage with the Snyderverse. Plus, I am sure Gunn didn't come on to fulfill someone else's vision.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
hopefully it only means WW3 with Patty Jenkins directing is dead in the water. because that is GOOD news. no more furrry cringe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Stand alone movies with WW do nothing for the universe, at best you want her as a side character or save for ensemble.

Goatface

if gal is lucky they will bring her back to become queen. could get a young donna troy but pretty sure they will go with
1670477964265.png

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of WW, but I thought Gal was perfect for the role.

Shame.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hey Rock.... Captain America also cost 60 million less than Black Adam and Disney probably spent less on promoting the thing. Companies don't spend 350 million to make a measly 50 mil if you are lucky.

And correct me if I'm wrong-- but Captain America (first movie) wasn't this big action star that Dwayne Johnson is supposed to allegedly be.

The comparison falls flat for that reason alone.

The mediocre "success" of Black Adam is commentary on The Rock's drawing power being overestimated. They gave Black Adam the 195m budget only because it's Dwayne Johnson. They didn't give Captain America that money. Rock got the lions A list box office treatment and didn't deliver.

The guy basically posted a self-own on Twitter inadvertently. EDIT: Yeah I checked and nothing about Chris Evans jumps out at me before Captain America. He was in that Fantastic Four bomb. He wasn't a certified movie star.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And correct me if I'm wrong-- but Captain America (first movie) wasn't this big action star that Dwayne Johnson is supposed to allegedly be.

The mediocre "success" of Black Adam is commentary on The Rock's drawing power being overestimated. They gave Black Adam the 195m budget only because it's Dwayne Johnson. They didn't give Captain America that money. Rock got the lions A list box office treatment and didn't deliver.
doesnt Rock usually deliver for those Fast & Furious films? i havent seen one since 4 and i never finished that. is it still Vin Diesel people go see?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
doesnt Rock usually deliver for those Fast & Furious films? i havent seen one since 4 and i never finished that. is it still Vin Diesel people go see?

I'm not saying it didn't make sense to give Dwayne Johnson a lot of money. It probably made sense, but in hindsight this might not happen again based on Black Adam's performance.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

And yeah you are right that Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (2019) smashed the box office. 750m on a 200m budget

That's with Jason Statham and Idris Elba. No Vin Diesel.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
And yeah you are right that Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (2019) smashed the box office. 750m on a 200m budget

That's with Jason Statham and Idris Elba. No Vin Diesel.
Which underperformed compared to the F&F movies.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

The guy basically posted a self-own on Twitter inadvertently. EDIT: Yeah I checked and nothing about Chris Evans jumps out at me before Captain America. He was in that Fantastic Four bomb. He wasn't a certified movie star.
He actually played the Johnny Storm role pretty well. I always found it funny that he went form Human Torch to Capt America.