DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Spidey and X-Men were really the only A list at Marvel since the 90s. They both had animated shows and live action movies. Everyone in the Avengers was pretty much B list at the time. The Hulk maybe being the only exception.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
People always bring up X-Men, F4, and Spidey but that's like saying that everyone in the late 2000s was B-list because they weren't as big as Brad and Angelina.
i mean, that's basically what it was though. spidey and x-men, and to a lesser degree f4 were the only comics that would consistently sell well. everything else all came in waves. like i said, cap had some great stories. thor, ironman, punisher, hulk all had some great stories. SOME great stories that sold well. even deadpool, who had some REALLY great runs also had a ton of oversaturation with all the crossovers and whatnot and people got less interested in them. and i'm not talking like a dipping a few points here and there... all those characters that FEEL like they should be a-listers can't get solid enough to keep their individual issues going. except for when they are avengers. avengers always sells well.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Shit, pretty sure at one point Spidey and the X-men had more combined running titles than all the Avengers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i fucking knew it!
how you like dem apples Cybsled Cybsled ?
iu

Goatface

Warner Bros. Axed Batman Beyond Movie With Michael Keaton

The Batman Beyond movie was being penned by Christina Hodson, the writer behind Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) and The Flash. According to Jeff Sneider, Hodson’s Batman Beyond was killed by James Gunn and Peter Safran, the new heads of Warner Bros Discovery’s DC division.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Warner Bros. Axed Batman Beyond Movie With Michael Keaton

The Batman Beyond movie was being penned by Christina Hodson, the writer behind Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) and The Flash. According to Jeff Sneider, Hodson’s Batman Beyond was killed by James Gunn and Peter Safran, the new heads of Warner Bros Discovery’s DC division.

As much as I adore batman beyond. That movie written by that hack would of been some woke fag bullshit

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
  • 1Like

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I mean... if Vickie Vale came back from the dead to possess some other woman's body, and fucked Batman, Hollywood would have imploded over the rape scene.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like Gunn is implementing quality control, or at least setting a minimum bar and axing the bottom of the barrel.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

A Harley Quinn / Poison Ivy movie could be really good. They had some good rapport in the Animated Series, and anything that draws more elements from that series is fine by me. That show was a great thing to grow up with.

The only downside is that after such a movie drops, men aren't gonna be able to get dates for a while because women are all gonna be "gay" that year.

I base this on 2016 (or whatever year it was) where LITERALLY EVERY WOMAN was Daddy's Little Monster for Halloween and wearing the Harley Quinn outfit. Even my own GF at the time was doing that. We don't need Harley giving them any more ideas.

• 2Picard

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
^Not saying there was anything wrong with Harley Quinn outfits there, worded it kind of wrong. What I'm saying is that HQ is clearly a role model for some reason.

And correct me if I'm wrong-- but Captain America (first movie) wasn't this big action star that Dwayne Johnson is supposed to allegedly be.

The comparison falls flat for that reason alone.

The mediocre "success" of Black Adam is commentary on The Rock's drawing power being overestimated. They gave Black Adam the 195m budget only because it's Dwayne Johnson. They didn't give Captain America that money. Rock got the lions A list box office treatment and didn't deliver.

The guy basically posted a self-own on Twitter inadvertently. EDIT: Yeah I checked and nothing about Chris Evans jumps out at me before Captain America. He was in that Fantastic Four bomb. He wasn't a certified movie star.

Yes, the comparison falls flat. Dwayne is supposed to be a much bigger deal now than Chris Evans was in 2011. He's comparing his numbers to a guy with comparatively little drawing power.

However, Captain America got a huge boost by being the clear lead-in to the Avengers and the larger MCU that had by then been announced. It got most of the Iron Man crowd. Imagine if Black Adam had been building off of Nolan Batman or something and the lead-in to why the Justice League has to form. Would have done twice the numbers with proper build.

Black Adam isn't necessarily the lead-in to anything. Nothing was announced before it as far as their next ensemble or their plans.

Dwayne is also talking about all of this like he's running the show over at DC and kind of rebooting their universe to lead to better things. For all I can tell, he isn't even a part of the DCU going forward, so... What would be nice is if Gunn works with Dwayne, as a potential figurehead who really cares about the DCU, and they put their minds together to fix the whole thing. I'd keep him on just because he cares so much about it.

Edited to be less run-on

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yet almost every movie or TV show has their agenda pushed in it nowadays. They already had Supergirl about to take over for Cavill in Flash and were working on Black Superman before the WB changes. Look around at the U.S. and you are gonna see that we are not even considered the average consumer nowadays.

That's a big part of communism: Force an agenda pretty much everywhere to create the illusion of consensus. 5% of the population believes something, but if it is pushed often and loudly enough, eventually the perception becomes that 50% of the population believes that (or more). Then it's on us to either "get with the times" or feel excluded/ostracized from our own society. Except that there's a good chance none of it is real.

Even little things like getting rid of Youtube's dislike button help with the illusion and the manufacturing of false consensus.

Once the paradigm has shifted more than halfway to the new false consensus, then that 5% of the population can exert way too much power/influence over everyone else and get away with it because they're viewed as some sort of majority moral authority.

And of course, every corporation in existence will go along with it mainly for that sweet Blackrock investment money, but also because a two-tiered commie utopian society actually benefits them more than anybody when it's said and done.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sounds like Gunn is implementing quality control, or at least setting a minimum bar and axing the bottom of the barrel.
Actually I don't think the WW3 thing was Gunn and Safran. The articles all say that the call was made by their bosses at WB Pictures, De Luca and Abdy.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
After looking into this more... It's looking to me like all of the "sky is falling" DCU talk around the internet was jumping the gun (no pun intended).

They didn't say anything about cancelling Man of Steel 2 or Wonder Woman or rebooting everything. They're just figuring out how to go forward in a way that involves a cohesive universe, which is great news and LONG overdue.

Man of Steel 2 is "up in the air" because EVERYTHING is up in the air and they're figuring out a plan. Gunn likes Henry Cavill just fine. He probably likes The Rock just fine too, and I imagine Black Adam's story is continuing.

The only thing actually cancelled seems to be Wonder Woman 3 and it isn't because Gunn is axing everything, it's because Patty Jenkins threw a tantrum and walked out because they wanted her to rewrite like half of it. That's literally all of it, as I understand it. Gunn basically did nothing people are screeching about.

Jesus, this is how I feel when people bring up Trump around me with some wild and crazy new thing he did and 80% of the time I have to go "well wait, that isn't actually what he did/said" and it's goddamn exhausting.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
A Harley Quinn / Poison Ivy movie could be really good. They had some good rapport in the Animated Series, and anything that draws more elements from that series is fine by me. That show was a great thing to grow up with.

The only downside is that after such a movie drops, men aren't gonna be able to get dates for a while because women are all gonna be "gay" that year.

I base this on 2016 (or whatever year it was) where LITERALLY EVERY WOMAN was Daddy's Little Monster for Halloween and wearing the Harley Quinn outfit. Even my own GF at the time was doing that. We don't need Harley giving them any more ideas.

Hey man long as they film it and put it on the internet we can suffer for a year

joz123

Potato del Grande
At least Routh got to play The Atom for a while on Legends of Tomorrow.

• 1Like

Tsar Bomba

Trakanon Raider
If memory serves didnt they have to bring in Zack Snyder to hold Jenkin's hand on the first Wonder Woman?

• 1Like