DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my issue was Kevin Costner portraying Pa Kent as kind of an asshole and then he motions Supes not to save him from the tornado. then Supes just lets his father die. what kind of fucking shit was that?
iu

then there was the whole allowing Metropolis to get WTFPWNED while he fucked off to save Lois. millions dead, but at least his sidepiece was ok.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
my issue was Kevin Costner portraying Pa Kent as kind of an asshole and then he motions Supes not to save him from the tornado. then Supes just lets his father die. what kind of fucking shit was that?
iu

then there was the whole allowing Metropolis to get WTFPWNED while he fucked off to save Lois. millions dead, but at least his sidepiece was ok.

I can't solidarity this enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
iu

Yeah,

Rip would have jumped into that tornado and dragged him out.

1668092342520.png

MoS still had the best Superhero fight scene ever.

It was a bit of a stun to see that actress in one of the best science fiction shows made. She had a pretty hot lesbian scene in "Dark".

1668092759460.png

Caliane

iu

yeah, still digging bodies out of the rubble, and we get this:
the pa kent insanity and this scene is what destroyed him. you can have metropolis destroyed, but you need to have proper catharsis for it. and instead of him mourning the dead, helping rebuild, and saying, "im sorry for all this", we get this. him, destroying a US drone, "dont look for me, or else", "hes kindof hot"(what the fuck?), takes a job from some dead person as a reporter, with his girl. "welcome to the planet" which, the movie can't decide, is he from Kansas or is he from Krypton? endingit on "welcome to the planet" says, you think its the later. which is wrong.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah, still digging bodies out of the rubble, and we get this:
the pa kent insanity and this scene is what destroyed him. you can have metropolis destroyed, but you need to have proper catharsis for it. and instead of him mourning the dead, helping rebuild, and saying, "im sorry for all this", we get this. him, destroying a US drone, "dont look for me, or else", "hes kindof hot"(what the fuck?), takes a job from some dead person as a reporter, with his girl. "welcome to the planet" which, the movie can't decide, is he from Kansas or is he from Krypton? endingit on "welcome to the planet" says, you think its the later. which is wrong.
i wouldnt have been so pissed about Metropolis if buildings fell on everyone and they were assumed dead, but they went the other way and showed the world machine g-fluxing mass amounts of people just trying to go about their day. confirming that yes, when you are grav fluxed above skyscrapers you get to suffer an extremely horrible death. fuck that shit. reboot it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
iu

Are you stupid?

People could have found out he's Superman and then his loved ones, like his father, would be in danger.

Makes perfect sense

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Are you stupid?

People could have found out he's Superman and then his loved ones, like his father, would be in danger.

Makes perfect sense
yes, it makes perfect sense, to you. let your father die or he could be in danger. yep. perfect sense.

• 1Picard

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Gotta respect his dad's commitment, though. Remember when Clark saves the bus full of kids? When his dad gives him the lecture, Clark asks if he should have just let the other kids drown and his dad says maybe. When his own life was on the line, he stood by his belief that it was better that Clark protect his identity.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Gotta respect his dad's commitment, though. Remember when Clark saves the bus full of kids? When his dad gives him the lecture, Clark asks if he should have just let the other kids drown and his dad says maybe. When his own life was on the line, he stood by his belief that it was better that Clark protect his identity.
thats why that Pa Kent was an asshole. letting children and your father die to cover your own ass is fucked up.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So rumors are now that Gunn is in control he's focused on a Lobo movie. Sadly Jason Mamoa would be perfect to play him but is already aquaman

• 1Like

Goatface

don't think he is a bad character, but certainly not in the top 20 of dc character i want to see

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
don't think he is a bad character, but certainly not in the top 20 of dc character i want to see
Mister Terrific is a weird choice to try and make a solo movie for. The character isn't bad, but most of his notoriety will probably come from being in the Arrowverse.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mister Terrific is a weird choice to try and make a solo movie for. The character isn't bad, but most of his notoriety will probably come from being in the Arrowverse.
Sure, that all may be true, but did you see that he is black?

Exec: So, you have a movie for me?
Gunn: Yes sir I do! We have this black super...
Exec: Black? oh wow wow wow wow

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
People didn't know anything about Peacemaker until Suicide Squad and he didn't have much back story in that.