DDO (D&D Online)

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I've tried to get back into DDO a few times, but my guy is stuck at level 24 on a class I don't enjoy on one of those special races that can only reincarnate at level 30, and I just don't have the drive to grind out those levels to do so, and it keeps making me lose interest again. Wish they would give the option to reincarnate at any level and skip the reincarnate perks if you just want to start over as a new class.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Wish they would give the option to reincarnate at any level and skip the reincarnate perks if you just want to start over as a new class.

There's always the 10bux option but yeah.

DDO is a good game but is so mired in 2005 era gameplay mechanics (Spell reagents....yaaaaay?) that really hinder it ever recovering from the years of mediocrity. It's got that Diablo 2-esque level of replayability and I will never get sick of running Gianthold or Vale or VoN or etc...

But if I make a shitty build I'm not enjoying it takes me like 3 months to get to the point where I can reincarnate because it just sucks all the joy out of the game. I'm not willing to give the new SSG money either until they start doing UI updates and whatnot.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's always the 10bux option but yeah.

DDO is a good game but is so mired in 2005 era gameplay mechanics (Spell reagents....yaaaaay?) that really hinder it ever recovering from the years of mediocrity. It's got that Diablo 2-esque level of replayability and I will never get sick of running Gianthold or Vale or VoN or etc...

But if I make a shitty build I'm not enjoying it takes me like 3 months to get to the point where I can reincarnate because it just sucks all the joy out of the game. I'm not willing to give the new SSG money either until they start doing UI updates and whatnot.

Hah I literally have that same problem. I spent a couple of weeks researching my next reincarnation life and thought it would be a blast to play.

Rolled it up and hate it. Now I have to spend way too much time to get to cap just to reincarnate into something else so I can enjoy playing again.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So, after getting into this again I will do the thing and let you all know how things have changed. I went ahead and bought all the packs I didn't have, and have been having a blast. Sometimes literally. The new intro zone blows Korthos out of the water. So much more fun in every way. Good loot. Good items. Nothing too OP, but very solid beginning. They just revamped Catacombs to great effect. No more running up and down the stairs after every goddamn dungeon. They also spread the loot out a lot so you can farm specific items instead of having to do the whole chain for a chance at Item X. You can run just about anything you want between 4 and 10. It's all good. Delera got the same revamp as Catacombs, and now has an Epic VOM for that sweet 5% xp in epic questing.

At 10 you will go to Ravenloft. It is hands down the most fun I have ever had in this game. There is one big Saga with 12 quests in 3 hubs. There are "guides" in each hub that will port you directly to the dungeon entrance for each one instead of running your ass off through shitloads of angry mobs outside. The quests are also incredible. The first one is "Welcome to new shit" and is like 2 minutes. Walk from House J to Barovia. 1 big mob and a couple extras. Kill all the scarecrows to loot the chest, which can have a named item in it. Named items at level 10 are awesome. The weapons especially. They will easily carry you up to 20. You get a free one upon zoning into Barovia and talking to a guy by the road. The rest you can buy by farming tokens that drop in chests. The 2nd quest is where you start getting the creepy factor ramped up to 11. First hub is level 10, 2nd is level 11, third is level 12.

That's as far as I have gotten so far. I rolled a pure artificer, so I can pick all the locks in N. I ran Ravenloft twice. First time on N, second on H. Lots of good BoA TR gear banked. Just started in on GH. If you bought the Ravenloft ultimate edition you got a gold certificate level 10 and level 30 pet. It has been great running around as half a full party with my pet, my scarecrow, and my hireling.

Another new thing is Inquisitve universal tree. It is amazingly easy and available to all classes. Great DPS at all times, and a lot of goodies like True Seeing thrown in for good measure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
So I decided to give this a try after thinking that they revamped the intro area. They didn't really, but Keep on the Borderlands is available from level 1, so can be used to replace Korthos. It is better than Korthos, but it's nothing special. I've been replaying Catacombs as well, and I like the changes there quite a bit. I'd say the game hasn't really changed much in the last couple of years I've been away from it, but it's still fun. I'm enjoying playing it again. i'll probably stick with it for a while. i went ahead and subbed for 3 months again.

More than anything it makes me wish that there was enough interest to create a new modern game in the same mold as DDO. Too bad that's unlikely to ever happen.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Here at Standing Stone Games our goal is to bring joy to everyone through our games and we feel that is more important than ever. We are making all our adventures and stories open to everyone through April 30. In addition we will be running extra events for the games.

For Dungeons and Dragons Online:

• All dungeons and raids, including those in expansion packs, are open to everyone through April 30.
  • The Buddy Bonus 5% XP will be active from March 20 through March 29. This will be in addition to the weekend events.
  • Mimic event will be active starting March 26 through April 6.
  • The anniversary event will be active starting March 26 through April 30.
For Lord of the Rings Online:

• All quests, instances, and skirmishes, including those in expansion packs, are open to everyone through April 30.
  • The Curator will be returning starting March 26 through April 30.
  • There will be a 10% virtue XP boost starting on March 26 through April 6.
  • The Baggins' Birthday event will be available March 26 through April 6.
During this time we hope that everyone stays safe. Thank you.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Fun stuff, went back in leveling a couple toons. DDO is always fun to go back to, has a ton of what many of us want in an MMO. Graphics are looking great in newer areas, Ui sucks as always but hell, its an MMO based on D&D 3.5. Who knows how long it will be going for . . .

Yeahs73

Trakanon Raider
i picked this back up over the last couple days. Kind of fun in a different kind of way. Last I played was probably 6 years ago, didnt even bother trying any of my existing characters out. Never got to cap before, maybe this time.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I've been playing pretty steady since I picked it back up a month ago. I really do enjoy this game. Playing a level 15 barbarian and just hoping I stick with it long enough to finally reincarnate a character. I always seem to get distracted before I get to that point.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Did they ever add a way to reincarnate without being at level cap? Even if it's a paid option?

I made my character into an iconic class, but ended up not liking it. There's no way I'm willing to grind him to level 30 just to get out of my bad decision, and that ended up making me quit.... years ago. Each time I've tried to come back, I realize I'm still stuck in that shitty iconic class and would have to spend weeks grinding to 30 just so I could play as a different class.

Has that changed? I just want to reincarnate back to level one....

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
As long as you are over 20 I think you can use a true heart of blood/wood to go back to 1, but not sure as iconic. You can always use a +20 lesser heart to do a full reroll to a class/spec you like and can get to 30 with otherwise?

I am in slow burn mode with the toon I rolled when I came back a couple months ago. 1st life. Went pure WF artificer. 27 and doing a couple hundred k in quests per day to get to 30. Put some coronabux into a +8 supreme tome today, and it helps a shitload. Might kick it up a notch and plow for 30 this weekend. Going to have 4/12 destinies fully leveled, and next life I will be getting into primals so rejuv cocoon ahoy. But I might stay at 30 a bit to farm some RL stuff.

If you never got the ultimate/legendary versions of the xpacs, you are missing out. The gold hirelings are 100% game changers.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got bored so playing this again too, regretting that I TR'd into a barbarian. I'm level 8 and really miss my sorc, but hopefully getting into Ravenloft soon and some other stuff I haven't played before will be fun. Ghallanda server is surprisingly active, seeing a lot of people around and good amount of LFG posts.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Never played this. I assume this has dungeons? If so, what are they like? Require any strategy? Or are they dumbed down for the average retard?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah the gameplay is different from most other MMOs. You don't get XP directly for killing stuff, you run quests solo or with a party or raid, which are basically dungeons although many are outdoors. There's stuff to kill, traps to find and disarm, secret doors, optional stuff and different difficulties to run on which scales the XP. It can be as challenging and rewarding as you want/can handle. It's a good time to give it a shot since all the quests are F2P right now.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Never played this. I assume this has dungeons? If so, what are they like? Require any strategy? Or are they dumbed down for the average retard?
Dungeons are fantastic in ddo. Best part of game! in fact the whole game is dungeons pretty much.

Ddo scales dungeons /quests so u can play much higher difficulty... these are real D&D dungeons eith puzzles, mazes long winding crazy paths.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Not sure what happened, but I haven't played in years and apparently my old account is gone? Which really sucks cuz I had a shitload of gold and shit and characters at 20. Mind you I haven't touched it since it left Turbine.