DDO (D&D Online)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have seen some fuckin crazy ass builds in epic elite runs, but then everything goes smooth as hell and I chalk it up to me not understanding the epic system very well yet.

*edit*

I guess part of it is the fact that you need 6 levels in an arcane/martial/divine/primal class to unlock their epic destinies, which is why my pure arti sucks so bad cause I'm stuck with arcane destinies only. If I'd taken 6 levels in a martial or primal class I'd be much better off.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm on my last Sorc life so after this PL I'll be

3x wiz
3x sorc
1x monk
3x druid

I'd like to bide my time for a supposed Warlock class coming out and play that permanently.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
TR'ing every class at least once also unlocks the completionist feat (+2 to every stat and every skill) though it's one you take in a normal feat slot instead of totally free like the others.

I'm really enjoying my second life as a monk paladin multiclass way more than the wizard. Still haven't touched raiding, and was thinking maybe for my third life, roll something that can solo or duo raids. I have a steady duo partner, so if there's a set of builds that can handle raiding that's doable on a still fairly new third life VIP pair, let me hear it!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like completionist is hardly worth the effort once you get into epic levels, because the +2 to everything becomes a drop in a bucket.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Free item of the week is a minor slayer elixir (+50% to slayer kills in wilderness zones).

Code is: BCSL4

Also if anyone wants to help purchase airship upgrades feel free to send me plat. If we get enough people playing I may even fork over cash for a better airship and some of the cash only amenities.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I have seen some fuckin crazy ass builds in epic elite runs, but then everything goes smooth as hell and I chalk it up to me not understanding the epic system very well yet.

*edit*

I guess part of it is the fact that you need 6 levels in an arcane/martial/divine/primal class to unlock their epic destinies, which is why my pure arti sucks so bad cause I'm stuck with arcane destinies only. If I'd taken 6 levels in a martial or primal class I'd be much better off.
Not quite. There are 4 "spheres" of Epic Destinies. Each has 3 in it. Each 1 is linked to EDs in other spheres so once you get it to 4 or 6 you can switch over. Basically, if you get all 3 in your initial sphere capped you can open up pretty much all of them. Getting all 12 capped out opens up a 4th twist of fate which is pretty big, since that lets you use an additional ability from another ED. You do get passives for Epic Reincarnation based on the ED you are currently in. Each sphere has a specific passive that stacks up to 9 times of you ER each one 3 times. Each specific ER past life also has a specific stance that stacks up to 3 times. You can only have 1 EPL stance active at a time.

Basically, if you are 28 you can swap ED once you get the right item from farming or buy it form the store. You will stay 28 and be able to farm xp for the next ED. Alternately you can ER which will bring you back to 20, give you the passive, and then change to a new ED and level up to 28 again, which should be about the same time you get the xp for the item again. You retain all ED progress through all of this. Once you get the 24 AP for the tree you are done other than doing ERs for more stacks of passives/stances.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I actually figured out all that tonight, so I'm grinding Fatesinger to unlock Shadowdancer to unlock Legendary Dreadnought to unlock Shiradi Champion. Good grief.

So now I guess the 6 level splashes are for heroic core enhancements or something.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah I actually figured out all that tonight, so I'm grinding Fatesinger to unlock Shadowdancer to unlock Legendary Dreadnought to unlock Shiradi Champion. Good grief.

So now I guess the 6 level splashes are for heroic core enhancements or something.
Usually enhancements and feats. Level 6 unlocks the third core for every tree. Some classes get specific feats like manyshot for rangers.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
That and there are three guilds I know of that host open raids during the week. I couldn't find a single one advertising the few days I tried playing on G.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, I got an EE CitW done last week, it took forever because it was a poorly balanced group and we actually skipped the second immanence of Lolth instead of fighting her, but hey, got the end chests and the completion. Did EH Deathwyrm last night, could have done EH Double Dragons too but decided to duck out to do HE VoN 5-6 with my Pally.

Did get a shadow phlogiston from Deathwyrm, only need 49 more for T3 thunderforged!!!

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Don't read the forums. Honestly, they're a cesspit. If you have questions, ask. The wiki is your best source of information and asking on reddit will help too. The forums are a mish-mash of elitists and outdated info.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Don't read the forums. Honestly, they're a cesspit. If you have questions, ask. The wiki is your best source of information and asking on reddit will help too. The forums are a mish-mash of elitists and outdated info.
It depends on what you are looking for, really. The forums have been a great place for me as far as finding test builds for various things. Anything from 2013 on is usually still viable. My first life was an AA ranger. I just followed a list on wiki, and it went pretty quickly. My second life was a shuriken based monk based on a build from the forums. Really fun and awesome build, excellent dps and survivability even for n00bs. I will definitely be going back to that once I get completionist done. Doing 18rogue/2arti right now, because repeaters are insane dps, and being int based it's a great trapper too. Will probably stick with that for a couple rounds of ER.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
It depends on what you are looking for, really. The forums have been a great place for me as far as finding test builds for various things. Anything from 2013 on is usually still viable. My first life was an AA ranger. I just followed a list on wiki, and it went pretty quickly. My second life was a shuriken based monk based on a build from the forums. Really fun and awesome build, excellent dps and survivability even for n00bs. I will definitely be going back to that once I get completionist done. Doing 18rogue/2arti right now, because repeaters are insane dps, and being int based it's a great trapper too. Will probably stick with that for a couple rounds of ER.
Do you have a link to that monk shuriken build by chance?