DDO (D&D Online)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The biggest problem I have with this game right now is I remember exactly 0 of what modules to do at any given level. Is there a handy chart with maps or something?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
guide series for advanced players: part 1 - leveling. : ddo

Serious powergamers guide to leveling. I'm assuming it's aimed at perfecting TR speed, so if you're on a first life you don't need to follow the instructions so closely, and you probably can't solo everything on elite anyway. This guide is aimed at people who need twice as much xp to hit 20 as a new player does.

I'm not paying 50/75 bucks to xfer to Sarlona, if character xfers are even open.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
guide series for advanced players: part 1 - leveling. : ddo

Serious powergamers guide to leveling. I'm assuming it's aimed at perfecting TR speed, so if you're on a first life you don't need to follow the instructions so closely, and you probably can't solo everything on elite anyway. This guide is aimed at people who need twice as much xp to hit 20 as a new player does.

I'm not paying 50/75 bucks to xfer to Sarlona, if character xfers are even open.
Its $25 per character and you submit a ticket on turbines support page. Took less than 24 hours for me.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Hit the Turbine button at bottom left of screen. Open up the Adventure Compendium. Sort by level/zone. Go to town. If you aren't going to VIP I would at least buy enough TP to buy the adventure packs. Quite a few of them are reused at 20+ as epic areas for even more xp places to farm. Go to ddowiki and look up sagas. Those are really really useful to have. You can repeat them and the end reward is a giant sack of xp in your lap.

Troll_sl

shitlord
I'm rolling up an 11/8/1 cleric/barb/rogue... probably going to suck, but it does something of everything except ranged.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can promise you that you're going to regret that character if you stick with the game, although I guess it doesn't take much time to roll up a fresh first lifer.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
a lot of these quests seem like they are unsoloable or too damn hard to solo at level 15. need to kill two mobs here, need to use 5 runes here....

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
a lot of these quests seem like they are unsoloable or too damn hard to solo at level 15. need to kill two mobs here, need to use 5 runes here....
There should only be 1 non-raid quest you can't solo I think and it requires passing a key through grates iirc, though I think even that you can sploit. Keep in mind hirelings can activate switches and you can drop bodies on ground triggers (though the body will fade after 15 seconds I think). Traps on elite can be brutal but if all you want to do is get to level cap then don't do elite. There's enough quest content to just do hard like 7x and then normal and move on to the next dungeon.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
By the way, there's a 'DDO start pack' you can buy on their store website for 10 bucks. The nice thing is it comes with a permanent gold seal lvl 3 cleric hireling. Which means every 5 minutes you can summon it anywhere in a dungeon, use it to heal yourself up, restore 300~ish of your mana (Divine Vitality ability), then dismiss it. It also comes with 250 turbine points and some XP pots. The adventure pack it comes with is mehish (the quests are fun enough but the rewards suck and at level 4 you have tons of content anyways) but it ~is~ silver flame rep which is nice.

Also if you really want to give these assholes money (And they are assholes. Fuck Turbine. I wish this game wasn't so fun because seriously, fuck Turbine) you can buy shadowfell standard and 'add on' MotU for 50% off. Comes out to like 50 bucks post tax. Gets you tons of epic level content, 2000 turbine points, a couple class unlocks, some really fun adventure packs (Pharian Carnival and Stormreach plus 2 others), a tome of +50% xp on heroic content, +20% on epic content (one use per server though so don't waste it on a character you may delete) and a bunch of other stuff.

Best idea though is just playing for free though until you're sure you think you'll enjoy it. Again this game is dated as fuck in terms of graphics and UI. Behind EQ and WoW this is the only MMO I've played for more then a year though and I dumped nearly a grand on those two games, figured 60 optional bucks wasn't that much to ask for this one.

Troll_sl

shitlord
I can promise you that you're going to regret that character if you stick with the game, although I guess it doesn't take much time to roll up a fresh first lifer.
You know what?

Don't.

Give.

A.

Shit.

You keep going on this assumption that everyone's a poopsocker. Don't got time for that anymo, homeslice.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Uh, it has nothing to do with poopsocking. I have 3 characters, none of which are optimized, although the main problem with my wiz is that he has a 3 year old build and I haven't respecced him. The char I took epic is pure arti which means you have total shit for epic options, and the char I TRed is pure pal, which I guess you could actually call optimized since paladins are pretty OP right now. But within a few narrow fields the arti and the wizard are still quite good at a few things.

Your character will likely just be bad at everything and I was trying to save you the headache of getting to max level and realizing you had a terrible character. If you want to be a douche about it though, you can just go fuck yourself and enjoy having a character who can't do shit.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Uh, it has nothing to do with poopsocking. I have 3 characters, none of which are optimized, although the main problem with my wiz is that he has a 3 year old build and I haven't respecced him. The char I took epic is pure arti which means you have total shit for epic options, and the char I TRed is pure pal, which I guess you could actually call optimized since paladins are pretty OP right now. But within a few narrow fields the arti and the wizard are still quite good at a few things.

Your character will likely just be bad at everything and I was trying to save you the headache of getting to max level and realizing you had a terrible character. If you want to be a douche about it though, you can just go fuck yourself and enjoy having a character who can't do shit.
Haha! Salty vagina!

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
How about the gay ones where you need to kill two mobs about the same time in different rooms? Guess I need to start YouTubing this shit.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm rolling up an 11/8/1 cleric/barb/rogue... probably going to suck, but it does something of everything except ranged.
I can't imagine how many groups you'll be rejected from or kicked by just for having that build, even if you are an amazing player.