Dead Cells

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I had to completely remap the controls to make it playable, but I dig it. All about flawless runs and steady progression in skills/understanding.
Yep, the patches really change things up. Last one increased difficulty, charged the zones around and added new content.

Picked up during the steam sale and already dropped 16+ hours

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Not using a controller?

I do, but my muscle memory was darksouls and basically had to remap them to fit.

deadcells.JPG

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, this is an example of EA done right. Even prior to the last couple patches, the game was perfectly playable.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah this game is so, so good. Plays great on Steam Link as well. Developers should really rake in some cash when this officially comes to the consoles.

Tenks

My save got corrupted/deleted some how. rip. Luckily since I actually know how to play the game getting back to where I was should be a ton easier. Funny enough on my first save I never got the ~10m time gate after the first boss but on my very first playthrough on my new file I got it. Bear Trap+Fire Brand is OP against that guy.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
My save got corrupted/deleted some how. rip. Luckily since I actually know how to play the game getting back to where I was should be a ton easier. Funny enough on my first save I never got the ~10m time gate after the first boss but on my very first playthrough on my new file I got it. Bear Trap+Fire Brand is OP against that guy.

Stuns and dots of anykind are where it is at, can stun lock him for the most part.

Tenks

The game seems a bit imbalanced where +STR seems to be far and away better than +SKILL. Probably because of the rolling HP system so you can just facetank a bunch of shit with weapons but if you invest heavily into skills each hit will result in far more actual HP loss. Anymore I exclusively buy scrolls from the vendor and skill into STR and just hope I find some HP scrolls in my route. I only use skills that are CC for the most part now.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah so much RNG which you can limit if you get those weapon at start but still the right item with the right sub ability makes a huge difference.

I too usually pump Str but if you get good with shields you can get away with a lot more.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
The game seems a bit imbalanced where +STR seems to be far and away better than +SKILL. Probably because of the rolling HP system so you can just facetank a bunch of shit with weapons but if you invest heavily into skills each hit will result in far more actual HP loss. Anymore I exclusively buy scrolls from the vendor and skill into STR and just hope I find some HP scrolls in my route. I only use skills that are CC for the most part now.

I disagree, I find +skill to be superior to +STR. But might be a matter of play style since I rarely get hit, that and weapon RNG is worse than skill RNG it seems to me.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Definitely playstyle and RNG. I choose magnet grenade and flashbang whenever possible, and +skill does basically nothing for them other than letting you use flashbang a little more often. If skill had a larger effect on magnet's damage I'd change my mind though. Str, on the other hand has a massive effect on the best weapons (the point blank crit bow and dagger that crits every third hit, imo).

Tenks

If you get enough str scrolls and a broadsword you just start 1-2 shotting almost everything. Personally I love broadsword + crit bow then something like ice nade + fb as my skills. Crit bow I just walk up and one-shot stuff and stuff I know I can't one-shot I freeze then cleave with my sword.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Made it all the way to GY and not a single skill item to be found...

Was all shields and swords and by that I mean 1 upgrade for each, It was 2X dmg take 2X dmg and crit on parry so I was hitting for 2200+ Also the sword attacked with an arrow upward was was really effective for flying things.

DCF.JPG

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm really glad this game is getting positive responses from you guys, it's next on my list to play.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I never fuck with shields. Maybe I should start.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I never fuck with shields. Maybe I should start.

I like them, but a good kick, freeze, or ranged item is usually better. Aboves case was just a rarity where I had no other option.

I do seem to get consistently to GY though when I use a shield but I suspect that is a mental thing due too the hundreds of Souls hours.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I only use them if I must, or if I get the Assault shield early since you rush timed doors with it easily. Need one to try and get the Hunter's Longbow, but last big patch made Ossuary a lot meaner than it used to be.