Deadpool 2 (2018)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
All I can say is that I should have worn my white pants.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Luck needs something around to pull from so the more "stuff" around that it can work with the better it works. Put yourself in the middle of the sahara and you are going to have to hope for a sandstorm and that's about it. Which might kill you anyways.

That's the way I always understood how the comics dealt with it.

Her power is basically the opposite of murphies law. If anything can go right it will for her. But if there is no really good option then it can't help. Then again she would probably never get stuck in the sahara in the first place unless there happened to be some big well stocked convoy around waiting for her.

koadic

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you follow that rabbit too far though you will get to potential limitations of her power. Sometimes the best thing for you long-term isn't the best thing for you short-term. Which does it choose? She seems to be pretty confident that the power will put her in the right place at the right time which seems like a pretty good place to be, mentally speaking.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
She was lucky and got hit with a bit of cosmic radiation that mutated her DNA enough to make her immortal?

Cybsled

If you follow that rabbit too far though you will get to potential limitations of her power. Sometimes the best thing for you long-term isn't the best thing for you short-term. Which does it choose? She seems to be pretty confident that the power will put her in the right place at the right time which seems like a pretty good place to be, mentally speaking.

It would even out I would imagine to avoid paradoxes. You would be lucky enough to get a short term solution and a long term solution.

She is basically a human Improbability Drive: Nothing is impossible, just highly improbable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've been looking for a list of mutants in the Ice Box somewhere. You KNOW there's a shit ton tucked away that you don't notice the first viewing. Need some super nerds to get on that ASAP.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
God damn that was funny. As good if not better than the first. So many great fucking lines and scenes. 9/10 easily.

True story - someone brought a fucking toddler to the showing I was at. Not exactly a movie I would recommend for that, it's violent and gory as hell.

I just got done seeing this, and some dude brought his 5 year old that wouldn't shut up. #parenting

Movie was legit. Post credits were awesome.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Great movie. I was nervous it would be awful after loving the first one so much. I have to buy it so I can rewatch it a few times. There's just way too many quick lines and references to absorb. Jokes about the actors, comic authors, past movies in other universes. "I was going to kill him but then I found out his mom's name was Martha too!"

Deadpool is the only one with access to that material. It's a great mechanic to get in all the nerd humor. Cleaning up the timelines was perfect.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
I just got done seeing this, and some dude brought his 5 year old that wouldn't shut up. #parenting

Movie was legit. Post credits were awesome.
Yeah man, I don't get it. How do you fail at parenting that bad?

• 1Solidarity

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
There were so many things that could be easily missed in the movie. I didn't notice where the lady was singing, "HOLY SHIT. HOLY SHIT." until mid way through. Absolutely loved that he said X-Force and did hero landing, lol.

The opening song was fucking amazing.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Movie was great, tons of actual lol moments throughout it

It makes me want to watch the green lantern just to see how bad it was. I don't think i ever watched it

also yukio was cute

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
A Deadpool 2 Extended Cut Is Coming, Here’s What To Expect

directors cut will get an additional 13 minutes or so, article spoils the movie so don't click if you haven't watched

I enjoyed the movie but i have extra tickets to see it again today (seen in twice) and I think i'll pass, it just doesn't feel compelling enough to see a third time whereas I would totally watch Infinity War for a SIXTH time today if it was playing in IMAX. Sadly its moved off the imax screens in my town.

• 1Picard

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I liked the movie overall. It's hard to follow IW but it's easy to separate the two and just enjoy. Deadpool is almost its own genre really. It's a comic book, action, drama or something of that nature.

If I had to be picky, I thought some humor was a little forced. DP should be a BA when it comes to his profanity, gore, etc. and some of it was forced humor thought up by a junior high kid who just learned a few dirty words and think it makes him look big to say it around his friends.

Brolin is great but he isn't big enough for me. I guess you want someone with Brolin's acting chops with Kevin Nash's body and stature. I can deal but as a comic reader you just have a certain picture in your mind and when it pans to the group shot and Cable is the smallest guy of the bunch, it's a little off.

Domino was awesome. Humor was good in 95% of the places probably. Reynolds IS Deadpool. Colossus was a great. Hope to see Juggernaut again in addition to the X-Force. Overall, the movie did a lot of good for itself and it's future.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the most bizarre thing about the deadpool movies is how spot-on faithful they are with their characters. with a few minor exceptions (yukio, firefist) they dont just take the spirit of the character from the comics, they take the whole character. i KNEW shatterstar was going to be just a mutant but having the faith to say that he's from mojoworld? that was great. juggernaut saying he uses the helmet to stop his brother from getting into his head? and then saying that it's okay because he's in a wheelchair? that was just such heartwarming moment from a comic book fan perspective. i mean in deadpool one the entire introduction to wade (threatening the pizza guy) was word for word lifted from the comics. sure there are some minor changes here and there but you can tell that these guys love these characters. they aren't trying to make better versions, they are just trying to make live-action versions. why can't the rest of fox figure this out?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
Sad how their three R-rated attempts have been exponentially better than anything else they've done.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It makes me want to watch the green lantern just to see how bad it was. I don't think i ever watched it
Don't.

Just don't.

Even a pirate version that yields zero rights to the studio.

Let's say that the post-credit idea of blowing your own brains before you even read the script is... a very good idea.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Don't.

Just don't.

Even a pirate version that yields zero rights to the studio.

Let's say that the post-credit idea of blowing your own brains before you even read the script is... a very good idea.

And if you still go on and decide to kick yourself in the balls. Don't bother with the extended version, it would just be 10 more minutes of extra suck.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like