Deadpool 2 (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
It was the theater you were in, because I distinctly remember the "Holy shitballs" being sung during that fight scene and was like "wait, what am I hearing?"

It took me a couple to get that to, but then i was like what the fuck

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
DdgyFJbU0AAC4Yw.jpg:large
ass to face has completely different result when the sex shifts..

Haus

<Silver Donator>
LOL was this actually the song? I swear I didn't hear the lyrics during the movie or hear the song stand out. but that's gold if so. I think my theatre possibly had some sound issues. Had a hard time hearing the delivery of some of DP's lines with the mask muffle but heard other stuff just fine. But if I didn't hear the words from this, maybe it was the theatre.

Also purely awesome fight too. As someone said earlier, they did that fight and villain perfectly.

If you wait until the absolute end of the credits you get the acapella version which unfortunately was NOT on the soundtrack...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
"The sun is getting REAL low big fella..." cracked me up too. So many meta jokes in this. I saw a video somewhere saying Reynolds was sending them pop culture references to put in at different spots when he had his mask on right up until the last day of editing.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Saw it last night. Worthy sequel. Wife and her best friend were cracking up.

Can we get a Domino stand alone movie please? she was awesome.

Glad the mid credit scenes ARE canon, so

Vanessa is Alive!

Warner Bros are getting into the humor,

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's irrelevant why they were fighting. I'm extremely happy with the end result, which is the only thing that matters.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
still great after second viewing. was still the only nerd laughing on comments about cables height and Liefeld.

brolin was good as cable but not being masive still sucks

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It can get tiring when most of the characters in the MCU movies abilities make them all insane super strong and near invincible a la Hulk, Ironman, cap, and Thor.

Which is why I find it refreshing seeing a character like Domino where she's just can't be killed because ... Luck!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would think that the Luck of Domino only works where there could be an element of Luck involved?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well, you can pretty much dream up something "lucky" no matter what the situation, right? Jumped out of a plane without a parachute? Gust of wind at the right moment along with a self-inflatable raft that just happened to fly off someone's car at the right moment? Trapped by the bad guy and about to be executed by sharks with laser beams? Laser beam happens to reflect off of a chewing gum wrapper and decapitates the guy controlling it and he hits the button to release her. Etc. I don't know that there's anything someone can think up that at least one of us can't think of a "lucky" solution to.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Luck needs something around to pull from so the more "stuff" around that it can work with the better it works. Put yourself in the middle of the sahara and you are going to have to hope for a sandstorm and that's about it. Which might kill you anyways.

That's the way I always understood how the comics dealt with it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah. There's some strange things that happen that might not entirely be noticeable at first, either. There's a part where Domino kicks the driver of the convoy out the window, and he hits the big side mirror, causing it to spin around. Cable's shortly after running at the truck and goes to fire on it, but the mirror is still spinning and reflects sunlight in his eyes, causing him to misfire the grenade, which bounces and strikes the brake line, then explodes the truck behind hers.

I couldn't figure out how he fucked that up at first, but then seeing it again I was like...wtf? lol

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Movie was fantastic. So many good jokes and few I missed completely. More of the background stuff like the Christopher Plummer joke and the kid being Prisoner 24601 lol!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Domino's power is cool. It's exactly like that guy from the Xanth books Bink. It protects her from nearly all harm but the downside is that you can't really predict what form it will take. Which creates a lot of interesting situations.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Yea, when you think about is, Ultra Luck would be one of the best power to have. You'd never get sick, and if you did somehow, you would beat the odds. Virtually any dangerous situation would unfold in a way where you would avoid any lasting harm. Need money? Win the lottery. Heck, in theory, if you really wanted something it would happen because luck.

koadic

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hah, I liked it as well. I seemed to be the only one in the theater that got the ones about Cable's height and Liefeld's trouble with feet. At times the CGI looked rushed I guess and maybe I wasn't seeing it on a good enough system but it got the chuckles from me. The pure volume of references got a little tiring but I think that is part of the flow, just like how some scenes were drawn out to make a point.

spronk

FPS noob
what I wonder is, could Domino die of old age? Is that considered unlucky or just part of the natural cycle of life? Actually thats been a sci fi premise before in one of David Niven's novels, people get bred for luck and the ultimate luckster gets turned into a weird ass monster by mutation because the mutation causes immortality, which is "luckier" than dying except the person probably wouldn't think so.

and yeah Domino was pretty awesome although now that I think back on it didn't a stunt woman die filming this movie because she looked like domino but had no actual stunt skills and died driving a motorcycle or something, I don't really remember any scenes where Domino was on a motorcycle. Man thats gotta suck if the stunt scene you died for was cut out of the movie.