Deadpool 2 (2018)

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
uh. no. marx was not a collectivist totalitarian. marx wrote the communist manifesto to give the working class concrete and functional ways to take back the power that the people on top had. just because someone like lenin claimed the communist manifesto was his inspiration for being a world-class douchebag, doesn't mean he actually understood what marx was on about

edit. also, you seem to understand that marx took the side of the working class. hitler took the side of the upper class. hitler absolutely abused the power he was given (though, nazi germany empowered hitler to do exactly what he was doing. nazi germany tried to assassinate hitler because he wasn't killing enough jews. but that's another topic). hitler absolutely needed to be stopped. according to marx's beliefs, it was well within the rights of the working class to overthrow hitler.

i'm still just really confused how you are lumping those two together... what was the worst sentence in human history?

"From each accoding to their ability, to each according to their need."

This is the wrong thread for this discussion. My primary point was that having a portrait of Marx is revolting.

Colossus, living in an American mansion funded by a capitalist Brit, while speaking English, should have had a portrait of Davis or Adams in the background. Hell, even a portrait of King George would be better than Marx.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
oooooh wait.. are you saying that nazi germany thought it was being oppressed by the jews?

j00t

"From each according to their ability, to each according to their need."

yes. that is the fundamental ideology of communism. communism in it's purest form is actually a pretty great idea. it just will never work with humans because we are waaaaay to focused on what's "fair"

• 3WTF
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Correct. Have you read Mein Kampf?

no, i actually don't know how to read. i just have wikipedia translated through a speak and spell

anyway. i liked deadpool 2. i thought it was funny. i liked when the choir sang for juggernaut

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Sleep-walking to the gulag.

Movie was good, as a movie. Message was skewed by victimology and Frankfurt retardism.

• 1Salty
  • 1WTF
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Sleep-walking to the gulag.

Movie was good, as a movie. Message was skewed by victimology and Frankfurt retardism.

There was a scene of Deadpool killing baby Hitler that was cut. Does that make your feelings less hurt?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
SJW shit was in there, to keep the tards happy. But there were tons of stealth slams against it, too, sort of like last season of Silicon Valley. As i said, RR walked a tight line pretty well. I was ok with it, especially consideration al the cult members he had to keep happy on his cast, starting with TJ Miller and Brolin.......

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Holy moly, calm your tits, Gerbil. all I can remember is that he made fun of the "racism" card and cultural approbation bullshit. You just seem to be majorly triggered by a Marx picture and go full tilt mode.

You are becoming, what you hate, Gerbil.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Holy moly, calm your tits, Gerbil. all I can remember is that he made fun of the "racism" card and cultural approbation bullshit. You just seem to be majorly triggered by a Marx picture and go full tilt mode.

You are becoming, what you hate, Gerbil.

Have to agree. Anyone getting triggered by this movie is being just as bad as SJWs in looking for shit to be triggered by

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Okay I can take correction. I don't want to become what I hate, that's fair enough.

I just wish we could get to a point in our culture where a portrait of Marx would be instantly noticed and reviled by everyone the same way a portrait of Hitler or Stalin would be. But that's not supposed to be the subject of this thread so I'll drop it.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I wish we could get to a point in our culture where olives would be reviled by everyone the way I revile them. They taint everything they touch. Anything they accompany will be overtaken by the repugnant little beasts. Revolting things they are, olives.

• 5Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Looks like the derail didn't last long, so I'll leave it alone. If you want to discuss Marx and whatnot outside of the context of the movie, please do it in a more appropriate thread.

For the record, I never noticed Marx in the movie. Had I noticed it I would have chalked it up to a joke about Colossus being Russian so of course he'd have a picture of a communist.

I think you're jumping at shadows here Gerbil.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Et tu Brute?

Way I figure it, there was so much intentional shlock in the movie that characterizing a visual gag as 'disgusting' seems extreme. Parting shot is Juggernaut with a high-voltage wire shoved up his ass. There are plenty of cringe-worthy one liners and crammed-in bits of 'topical humor' because it's Deadpool...but don't forget they had to make a movie with broader appeal than even canon-incarnation Deadpool has. SJWism is topical. So is appealing to the people who will reflexively laugh/be entertained by bullshit they recognize ( read: Ready Player One being Reference The Movie, dumb throwaway SJW references in every comedy film the last 5 years).

I had to read what the definition of 'cultural Marxism' was, and reading it I guess I'm getting a bit more where you're coming from. Looking back on it some of the gags had me sighing. Low-hanging fruit, lowest common denominator shit, sure...but pretty in keeping with what I expected out of a Deadpool movie. Hard to take it seriously as an indoctrinating piece of shitlib propaganda when there's so much worse and blatant things out there.

• 1Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Way I figure it, there was so much intentional shlock in the movie that characterizing a visual gag as 'disgusting' seems extreme. Parting shot is Juggernaut with a high-voltage wire shoved up his ass. There are plenty of cringe-worthy one liners and crammed-in bits of 'topical humor' because it's Deadpool...but don't forget they had to make a movie with broader appeal than even canon-incarnation Deadpool has. SJWism is topical. So is appealing to the people who will reflexively laugh/be entertained by bullshit they recognize ( read: Ready Player One being Reference The Movie, dumb throwaway SJW references in every comedy film the last 5 years).

I had to read what the definition of 'cultural Marxism' was, and reading it I guess I'm getting a bit more where you're coming from. Looking back on it some of the gags had me sighing. Low-hanging fruit, lowest common denominator shit, sure...but pretty in keeping with what I expected out of a Deadpool movie. Hard to take it seriously as an indoctrinating piece of shitlib propaganda when there's so much worse and blatant things out there.

Very well I over reacted. I guess I've just been primed to see this sort of shit, so I do.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
What the fuck, that you took anything in a Deadpool movie seriously is just maximum Picarding. Yeah, the SJW, topical humor was a bit out of place, but I wouldn't really blame the subject matter, just how it was executed more than anything. That was the general issue with the movie as a whole. Some shit was drawn out like a Family Guy episode, the romance was flat and too much screen time, some of the humor was just flat, but it did have some legitimate laughs, and was mostly fun. Yeah, great, lesbian superheroes, a white painted antihero is now black, and a fat villain that they save. Hitting all the checkmarks of making fun of modern society. And like said before, had fuck all to do with influencing the actual plot.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Feel this is kinna relevant.

KKSd85A.png

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yes, he did talk about cultural appropriation. But it's a comedy and Reynolds tries to keep it VERY current. They went and re-edited a little bit of his audio right before it was released, just so he could mention a few more current news events for shits and giggles.

The movie isn't trying to make a statement, just an observation. Calm down.