Deadpool (2016)

Xevy

Log Wizard
I mean the fact that "Marvel" at this point (even though it's Fox) means that almost anyone with kids, especially in their teens, will take them to the movie. If it's R you have the concerned parents and the people with kids under 10 and shit that probably would've gone to the PG-13 not knowing what Deadpool is that are certainly not going to the R now. I mean I whole-heartedly support the R rating. I think it's a bold statement that says "Yeah, we can have adult super hero movies too." And the first Blade movie was honestly better than some of the modern Marvel movies. Albeit the dregs, like Iron Man 2. Punisher 1 (Jane, not Lundgren) wasn't awful, but it wasn't him unloading 1000's of rounds into people like everyone expected. The fight scene with The Russian is still an awesome scene. Especially since Kevin Nash actually got stabbed and was just like "eh, okay."

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Especially since Kevin Nash actually got stabbed and was just like "eh, okay."
Holy shit, I'd always heard that story backwards, that it was Tom Jane who got stabbed with the real knife and that was a very real shout of pain that they used in the movie. But you're right, it was Nash who got stabbed and supposedly didn't even notice until the scene was over.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
After seeing that video, R rating, and Reynolds scared up on set im getting really excited. The suit looks fantastic and they still will put more work on it in post

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I was fine with the voice, it sounded the same as it did in the teaser trailer and we all loved that so I don't really see the difference here.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not to be an apologist or anything, but the voice definitely has that clearly breaking the fourth wall quality to it, as it is disjointed from the scene. I don't know if it is intentional, but it fits.

j00t

Its clearly a voice over, which it is almoat gaurenteed to be in the final product. Talking through a mask will make his voice muffled. You'd be surprised how many voice over there are in movies. They are done ALL the time. That April fools video was different only in that they didn't have the money, time, or inclination to waste on making it feel less disjointed

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah, they do a shitload of dubbing in both TV and Videos. It's called ADR. More prevalent in movies where they can't control the space they capture audio as easily.

That being said the mask needs to be worked on, or the actor needs to do a better job with his body language to sell that he is talking through a mask, and not a simple VA.

For instance Darth Vader has no way to evoke emotion on his helmet, yet we still believe the voice over was coming from inside that helmet. This is also the responsibility of the audio department to match his voice to whatever environment he is in.

I'm sure it will be fine, that April fools joke looks like it was something they threw together.

Xevy

Log Wizard
CGI eyes confirmed in one of those photos. I am 100% okay with that, but it's not a big fucking green mask, it's just around his eyes. I very much approve.

Xevy

Log Wizard
That is easily the best comic book to movie costume adaption so far. It looks so damn awesome.
Truth. Looks fucking great. They could just recreate any action movie from the last 10 years shot-for-shot and just have Deadpool in it with quips and I'd still see it 5 times.

Homsar

I know they cast Weasel, ect but have they said who his main enemy is going to be or if there is going to be big names like Taskmaster or Cable making an appearance. Some reason I can see Ed Skrien playing Taskmaster

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
If it is funny (i.e. true to Deadpool) then it could be CGI messy and still be good. Hell you could do the CGI deliberately and make fun of it.... because Deadpool.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I know they cast Weasel, ect but have they said who his main enemy is going to be or if there is going to be big names like Taskmaster or Cable making an appearance. Some reason I can see Ed Skrien playing Taskmaster
I think Ed Skrein is Ajax. And Colossus is definitely in it, but not a major part, because he hasn't been cast yet.

Homsar

wouldnt ajax cost a ton of money to make with CGI? thought this film didnt have a high budget like the others

Xevy

Log Wizard
Actually I fucked up. The rumors are for Garrison Kane, not Ajax. Though they say he might be T-Ray too. Who the fuck knows. Kind of crazy Colossus isn't even cast yet and they're already shooting. He's probably in the ending scene to connect Deadpool to the bigger world or something.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well there isn't much point in connecting Deadpool to the X-men seeing as how X-men Apocalypse is going to be set in 1983 and Deadpool will be rated R while the XMen movies are all pg13. If they cross Deadpool over into the 3rd Wolverine standalone or whatever Xmen movie is slated for 2018 he'll be pretty lame being stuck at pg13.

Homsar

Kane is good, I just think Taskmaster would be better and Skein looks the part to me