Deadpool (2016)

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Great movie, 4 out of 5. Wasn't quite as funny as I thought it would be but every part just fit. Reynolds was born to play this part. I still think the marketing is superior to the movie though. Best marketing I've seen but the movie was just really good instead of phenomenal. I probably was just over-hyping it too much. I think the sequel will be better and I hope Wolverine isn't in that one either.

Troll_sl

shitlord
So that was fucking awesome. They pulled it off with exactly the right tone. And that's all the movie needed, really: tone. The story could've been better, sure. If I'd had the power, they would've lead off with Deapool & Cable. But fuck me in the ass, it was a fun, fun movie.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Steven Lang is already campaigning to play Cable. Wonder if he can add a bunch of mass? Great actor though, his speech in Gods and Generals as Stonewall Jackson was a classic.

12715859_10207330277768946_1136686667610553737_o.jpg

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good movie. Would have liked it more if i hadn't seen 80% of it in the trailers.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good movie. Would have liked it more if i hadn't seen 80% of it in the trailers.
Nearly every trailer was another angle of the opening scene or the super hero landing scene. That's like 5 minutes of the movie.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Nearly every trailer was another angle of the opening scene or the super hero landing scene. That's like 5 minutes of the movie.
You didn't see the 2 40 minute trailers that had no repeated scenes and didn't include those 5 minutes?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Steven Lang is already campaigning to play Cable. Wonder if he can add a bunch of mass? Great actor though, his speech in Gods and Generals as Stonewall Jackson was a classic.
I don't think it would be a problem for him. Did you see Public Enemies or Avatar?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
He would be great. So would john hamm. Hell, the sequel is gonna be the same team (writers, director, producers) so even keira knightly or mel Gibson would work

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yea, and I agreed with the main host about really the only negative:

You really dont leave the theater knowing anything about this organization that the villains are a part of, other than being the stereotypical bad guys doing bad things. Idk if its because they cant tie anything to the Marvel side, or what, but thats really the only bad thing. It could have tied into some larger sinister plot and it might have set itself up better for another movie, but thats minor. Hopefully with a sequel we should get more of that with Cable in tow.
I think we did. I mean, unless you just have a hard on to know their name and have them be something you recognize from the comics. But we knew they were basically an organization dedicated to making obedient mutant mercenaries they could make money off of. What more do you need to know other than why the X-men themselves weren't all up in their shit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It was already said, but unless the movie was only 5 minutes long when you watched it, there was another 90+ minutes of movie that was just as awesome.
He is kind of right in that 80% of the action (maybe more like 60%) was in the trailer and commercials.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
colossus was awesome. that is how he should look/sound in the rest of the xmen movies.
Colossus is a Frankenstein's monster of CGI. They use one guy for the body, another guy's face that they then digitally overlay on a third person for the actual motion capture facial expressions and performance, and lastly a voice actor.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So watched this again.

It was still funny, but for different reasons. Opening night the audience is just too loud and the jokes are just too dense to catch them all. IE when Deadpool is talking about looks not mattering, DP makes a joke about david beckham, but then immediately followed up by "Do you think Ryan Reynold's got this far from his superior acting skills?". Opening night I completely missed that bit because everyone was laughing so hard at the beckham joke. shit like that.

Also on 2nd viewing the pacing felt better. Like you knew when the jokes were coming and were prepared for them. This allows you to appreciate all the action and drama elements. This movie sure, primarily it's a comedy I suppose. First time viewing it, it's probably one if not the funniest comedies i've ever seen (not just funniest comic book movie, funniest period). But on subsequent viewings you can actually appreciate all the action/fight scenes more, I didn't realize the extent of the brutality and just how well the action was shot the first time around, it took a back seat to all the laughs, but this time I got to experience all the visceral bits of bloodshed and damn was it good.

So yeah. As a comedy it's golden. As an action movie, it's golden. As a comic book super hero origin story, it's decent to good. I mean the way it's told in the non-linear fashion via flashbacks and signature 4th wall breaking is refreshing for what is, ultimately, a somewhat run of the mill generic comic book origin film, so even there it's golden.

The fact that it does all 3 things so well is really what cements this film for me. I don't know where I'll ultimately rank it as far as comic book adaptations go, but it's somewhere in the top 3 along with Avenger's 1 and The Dark Knight.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider

12715859_10207330277768946_1136686667610553737_o.jpg
Hes the perfect Cable, hopefully it happens. Karl Urban wouldn't upset me either though.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
oh yeah on 2nd viewing,

the final battle is definitely at a damaged shield helicarrier. When you add in Hydra Bob making an appearance, it pretty much confirms that the shadowy organization running the mutant puppy mill was Hydra. Obviously not in name, nor the same that exists in the MCU due to those rights being at Disney, but deadpool being as Meta as he is plus with the "hands off, low budget, go make your fucking movie and don't bother us" from Fox, they pretty much just threw that in there and damn the consequences. Fox can always claim it was a "meta" joke or even plausible deniability "we weren't involved in any of the decisions" if Disney takes issue with it.

It's the same with Sony and the nuanced, but never direct spiderman references, or WB with the green lantern jokes.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Deadspin says ~42.8m for sat. And upped the 3 day to 133m estimate, weekend 4day to 151m... If it pans out like that, highest fox superhero opening ever, and had Deadpool at 7th overall for superhero openings. Damnnnnnnnnnn. I thought 90 tops, it got that just Fri/sat.