Deadpool (2016)

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Steven Lang is already campaigning to play Cable. Wonder if he can add a bunch of mass? Great actor though, his speech in Gods and Generals as Stonewall Jackson was a classic.

12715859_10207330277768946_1136686667610553737_o.jpg
The guy on the right is Deathstroke, not Cable.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Lang is the perfect Cable. He won't hit the mass but I really dont care. I think he'd nail it.

Column_sl

shitlord
In What universe is that 5 foot 10 old man the perfect Cable? and as far as putting on Mass he's over 60 he's not getting any bigger then what you've seen.

Get Jon Hamm or Ray Stevenson. They're both taller then 6 foot 2, and actually are still at the age where they can bulk up.

Fucking Cable just grunts, and shit anyway. He is the straight man to Deadpool's obnoxious humor.

Jon-Hamm-as-Cable.jpg

Even with pads the guy is a shrimp

Terra-Nova-Jason-OMara-Stephen-Lang.png

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
In What universe is that 5 foot 10 old man the perfect Cable? and as far as putting on Mass he's over 60 he's not getting any bigger then what you've seen.

Get Jon Hamm or Ray Stevenson. They're both taller then 6 foot 2, and actually are still at the age where they can bulk up.
They've been making Tom Cruise look taller, Hugh Jackman look shorter (he's 6'2" - Wolverine is 5'3" - 5'8" depending on the comic/canon) and playing other camera tricks for years.

idc who plays Cable in terms of height, as long as they don't suck at it.

Column_sl

shitlord
It will suck no matter what if Steven is cast with his old man's chicken neck swinging in the breeze..

Also Wolverine is stupid tall in the movies, it's one of the main things people complain about besides him looking like a super model

Wolverine-Samuari.jpg

95c6df20091efa7a1d15b032889141b8.jpg

The-Wolverine-Hugh-Jackman-image-3.jpg

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Box Office: Makes History With $135M Weekend, Colossal $150M Holiday - Hollywood Reporter

Among other records broken, Deadpool boasts the biggest R-rated opening of all time, the biggest opening for the month of February and the top opening in history for Fox. It's also the biggest debut for a first-time feature director (Tim Miller).

Deadpool's three day number makes it the No. 7 comic book opening of all time behind the two The Avengers movies, Iron Man 3, the final two Dark Knight films and Spider-Man 3, not accounting for inflation. And the crown for biggest R-rated opening previously belonged to The Matrix Reloaded ($91.8 million), set in 2003 and one of the longest held records in box office history.

Caliane

Fucking Cable just grunts, and shit anyway. He is the straight man to Deadpool's obnoxious humor.

Jon-Hamm-as-Cable.jpg

Even with pads the guy is a shrimp

Terra-Nova-Jason-OMara-Stephen-Lang.png
henry rollins as Cable?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree about Jon Hamm, but yea I guess I never realized Lang was that short. It would look pretty weird if DP is actually taller than whoever was Cable.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Box Office: Makes History With $135M Weekend, Colossal $150M Holiday - Hollywood Reporter

Among other records broken, Deadpool boasts the biggest R-rated opening of all time, the biggest opening for the month of February and the top opening in history for Fox. It's also the biggest debut for a first-time feature director (Tim Miller).

Deadpool's three day number makes it the No. 7 comic book opening of all time behind the two The Avengers movies, Iron Man 3, the final two Dark Knight films and Spider-Man 3, not accounting for inflation. And the crown for biggest R-rated opening previously belonged to The Matrix Reloaded ($91.8 million), set in 2003 and one of the longest held records in box office history.
And to think... If they didn't sit on their collective asses for years when Reynolds originally wanted to do this, they could've pumped out a whole trilogy by now and made billions. Rather during that time, they pumped out fucking busts afters busts

Malkav

French Madman
And to think... If they didn't sit on their collective asses for years when Reynolds originally wanted to do this, they could've pumped out a whole trilogy by now and made billions. Rather during that time, they pumped out fucking busts afters busts
I just hope that an executive somewhere sees this and comes up with a very pointed "Why did we sit on this all this time?" and someone gets fired.

Cybsled

Maybe. I think part of what helps this movie is it is coming out after the population has been inundated with tons of Marvel/DC super hero films for years and it isn't afraid to make fun of them.

Eonan

Doer of Things
I just hope that an executive somewhere sees this and comes up with a very pointed "Why did we sit on this all this time?" and someone gets fired.
Reynolds actually said in an interview that now that the movie is actually out, it's being released at the best possible time. Just think, would there be as much interest five or seven years ago? Prior to the REAL rise of Marvel Studios? As much as the rabid fanboi in me has been clamoring for a movie, now that I've seen it I agree with Reynolds, it came at the best possible time.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'd hope they get greedy and wonder how they could make even more by working with Marvel to bring Deadpool and the X-teams into the MCU in some form.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Reynolds actually said in an interview that now that the movie is actually out, it's being released at the best possible time.
Tim Miller also said this in a Q&A I saw and for the exact same reason. There are enough comic book movie properties floating around in the public consciousness for it's brand of irreverence to have increased traction.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There are, approximately, 2 actions scenes. The highway scene and the trash yard. Much of the actual combat/fighting with Deadpool was shown in the trailer/commercials. In fact, the trailer even showed action and shit that WASN'T in the movie (Deadpool sitting on a pile of bodies in a blood-covered room, reloading a gun). So yeah, in terms of the actual fighting action, most all of it was seen before. The stuff you didn't see was the jokes and goofball shit, which were great. I still think it had plenty of action and nothing was really ruined for me. In fact it had more action than most Origin movies. You ever watch Iron Man again? He seriously uses the suit 2.5 times. And the last time is a really bad boss fight.

I disagree with his negative comment, but part of what he's saying about most of the action being seen stands as correct.

...and Henry Rollins for Cable.

Eonan

Doer of Things
There are, approximately, 2 actions scenes. The highway scene and the trash yard. Much of the actual combat/fighting with Deadpool was shown in the trailer/commercials. In fact, the trailer even showed action and shit that WASN'T in the movie (Deadpool sitting on a pile of bodies in a blood-covered room, reloading a gun). So yeah, in terms of the actual fighting action, most all of it was seen before. The stuff you didn't see was the jokes and goofball shit, which were great. I still think it had plenty of action and nothing was really ruined for me. In fact it had more action than most Origin movies. You ever watch Iron Man again? He seriously uses the suit 2.5 times. And the last time is a really bad boss fight.

I disagree with his negative comment, but part of what he's saying about most of the action being seen stands as correct.

Watch Henry Rollins Recall Terrifying Acid Trip Nightmare | Rolling Stone

Watch the video, could totally see him pulling off some of the "Cable's crazy prophecies"

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider

Still think I would disagree however I vote we settle this by seeing the movie again..
smile.png