Death Stranding

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The time fall should slowly erode all that so new player base would have to continually build. Probably also something else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Well shit. Looks like I'm going to have to order this. That the game is so polarizing and indescribable makes me think it's a success. The worst thing would have been if Kojima had created another bog-standard shooter.

A lot of people are posting about how great the cooperative mechanics of shared infrastructure are. It sounds like jolly cooperation on steroids.

When a game tries something different, and is somewhat interesting or has a good story, I'll throw some bucks at it and give it a go. Wife is NOT a fan of watching me play delivery boy, and the baby stuff creeps her out. (only 2 hours in or so)

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
3569B20D-6B84-4843-86BB-4A36BF8CDCAF.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't play as much today as I usually go have lunch with my dad on Sunday.

I did continue to build some roads, and worked on maxing factions. I did get the Craftsman and Engineer maxed out, you get a little star on your uniform and can rest at their building.

I was struggling with ceramic(or lack off) to build my roads, so I had an idea to go farm some Mule camp for it. Put everything I had in Private Storage, armed with only a bola gun and my trusty rope and went and cleared the entire camp of mules, then proceeded to loot the place, I got tons of material. So the later half of today was combat oriented. :)

I still have a bunch of roads to put down, and tons of faction to max out. I'll be in chapter 3 for another 10 hours easy at this pace. I'm hooked on the gameplay loop though so that's good. I doubt I'll reach the 160 hours of AC:Odyssey, but I wouldn't surprise to end up over 100 hours fairly easily. Jedi Fallen Order is going to wait a few weeks I guess.

Also realized I could change the color of my bike, so it's smoking red now, it looks awesome. :)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There's actual pizza delivery missions in this where you have to deliver it within 30 minutes and keep it flat

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
There's actual pizza delivery missions in this where you have to deliver it within 30 minutes and keep it flat
I just watched some guy stream that. Looked like bladerunner, zooming around on his bike on floating highways.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I just watched some guy stream that. Looked like bladerunner, zooming around on his bike on floating highways.

It's pretty neat how those roads are player built through community effort. It seems to have one of the better implementations of asynchronous multiplayer in gaming.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This game has a pleasant quality to it. Like ultra casual Stardew Valley feel.

• 2Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The more I read about this the less I want to buy it, but the more I want to play it, if that makes any sense.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
It's pretty neat how those roads are player built through community effort. It seems to have one of the better implementations of asynchronous multiplayer in gaming.
I started a road right out of the lake knot city on Friday. Didn’t have the materials to finish it so I fucked off and kept doing deliveries. Started playing again on Saturday and the thing was almost complete. Came back a few hours later and it had doubled in size. That’s exactly how you do an online component in a single player game.

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Jesus, built three roads and went afk for a 45 minute conference call, came back to 15,000 likes. Got me 30 something bridge link levels.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Jesus, built three roads and went afk for a 45 minute conference call, came back to 15,000 likes. Got me 30 something bridge link levels.

I'm beginning to understand the people that are addicted to Facebook now. Getting likes is fun. :)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
An idea I had today while driving around was to watch for other people's shit with a ton of likes, and dismantle and replace it with my own. Obviously it doesn't affect their construction, but it should put mine in other people's worlds too and will hopefully generally similar amounts of likes. Only downside is then it counts against your building limits, whereas other people's shit is free.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
so the game is definitely instanced per x amount of players per server, or however they are doign it. I've been watching a few streams to see if i can see my stuctures and soem streams have them while others do not.
3rd location you get to in the game, i built a bridge right out front of it across the river, been there for like 2 days now with 0 likes. I'm fine with that, i just wanted ot know if anyone had it in their game. Finally found a stream that showed it.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Hopefully by the time my game gets here there will be a giant elevated freeway I can stroll along. Cut my playtime in half.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Did a lot of reading thru the archives last night, there is so much science that has been explained and thought out for this game, it's crazy.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
At what point do people just give up building anything but zip line networks and how many times can you zip line back and forth before it gets boring

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know how to describe this game outside of it is very simple, repetitive and addicting. I am glad something like this exists but not sure if I will actually buy it for PS4 (Redbox due Wednesday) or wait for an inevitable Steam sale. Does the game change much past chapter 3 or I have pretty much experienced it all?