Death Stranding

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So this morning I go to work as usual, it's the first day of snow here. I get out of my car and I'm walking toward my car with lunch box and iPad in hand, when I slipped on ice I never saw just slightly under the snow. I fell on my back...and the first thing that cross my hand my mind after realizing nothing is broken is how useful it would have been to have controller in hand be able to press L2 and R2 to keep my balance.

Now I'm home with back and groin pain. :(

There's an actual term for this

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So this morning I go to work as usual, it's the first day of snow here. I get out of my car and I'm walking toward my car with lunch box and iPad in hand, when I slipped on ice I never saw just slightly under the snow. I fell on my back...and the first thing that cross my hand my mind after realizing nothing is broken is how useful it would have been to have controller in hand be able to press L2 and R2 to keep my balance.

Now I'm home with back and groin pain. :(
You press L2/R2 retain your footing but still head plant into your car, break your ipads screen and drop your lunch.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So if you play this game 2 years from now, will there already be a bunch of shit built, making the entire game shorter/easier? How does that work? Do contributions fade when the creators stop playing?
There's some sort of gating going on. Like I was able to build roads and nobody else was contributing to the materials, then I progressed further by doing main story missions and immediately two roads completed on their own and all of a sudden I'm seeing a ton of bridges and other construction that wasn't there before. It reminds me of the major quests in WoW xpacs and how the world is phased based on your progress in them.

I'm curious if there will be anything at all in the world if in 2 years you're the only person playing.
There's an offline version of the shared world with NPCs that do some building. Not sure how it works or if it has any randomness to it though. I've been disconnected a few times, but it seems to use my online world state until the game reconnects automatically.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Bought the game, it’s fucking beautiful. I like the hipster techno mood music.

Just left Knot with the President’s body on my back.

Uh, whaddafuck? 😂

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Game needs a "skip basic room/delivery cut scene" option in a BAD way.

I really hate the private room. It's probably up there with most annoying interface menu... ever.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
You can just hold the options button and it will give you an option to skip. Its per-sequence so many times you have several separate individual sequences stiched together for a given basic activity... but its better than nothing.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Game needs a "skip basic room/delivery cut scene" option in a BAD way.

There is, you just have to hit Option Button > Skip > and then do it again when that stupid thank you message shows up.

But yeah having to skip two in a row like that is pants down ridiculous.

I am finding more and more that I am diving into the game for 1-2 hours at a time, doing a delivery, moving the main story along, and then playing something else.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
There is, you just have to hit Option Button > Skip > and then do it again when that stupid thank you message shows up.

But yeah having to skip two in a row like that is pants down ridiculous.

I am finding more and more that I am diving into the game for 1-2 hours at a time, doing a delivery, moving the main story along, and then playing something else.
By option i meant something on the options menu to make it automatic so I don't have to "skip" four fucking times when taking a shower, recycling etc.. They really dropped the ball on that design decision. Or reduce it to a single skip for an action with back to back mini cutscenes.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
By option i meant something on the options menu to make it automatic so I don't have to "skip" four fucking times when taking a shower, recycling etc.. They really dropped the ball on that design decision. Or reduce it to a single skip for an action with back to back mini cutscenes.

Gotchya yep and I agree completely.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Still loving the game. Unlocked roads, trike, exo skele and really improved the QOL. Bridge rating went nuts from me completing a bunch of road sections. Went from like 8 to 30+ in one update.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I made a road and saw everyone who used it :) Right outside episode 3 start point in knot. Exe Skel is better than any motor vehicle so far imo.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So built a Zip Line, that goes from the Northern most point of the map down too Lake Knot, now there are soo many offshoots that you can basically cover the whole eastern area in about 5mins, issue now is upkeep even the lvl3 ziplines get demolished by Timefall, but you fly right over all BT/Mule areas ... I'm having too much fun with this.

Crone

It sounds a little like the Minecraft addiction where you get a "vision" and just keep building until it's complete. Little do you realize, your little construction 🚧 project took 6 hours and it's now 3am with work the next day.

Vorph

Yeah I made a road and saw everyone who used it :) Right outside episode 3 start point in knot. Exe Skel is better than any motor vehicle so far imo.
Exoskeleton with a bike is enough to build almost any road section, provided you recycle all your shitty <400 unit mats and turn them into 800-1000's instead. Or you can load up a truck with up to seven 800-1000 and one 80-100 if you do it the most efficient way (6 huge in the back and 1 huge + 1 small on your back, which goes into the front seat with you). Two runs like that is enough to build 3-4 segments.

The floating cart would be a lot cooler if you could tow two of them behind a vehicle, but you can't so it's kind of pointless. Especially since crystals seem to be my biggest limiting factor, so no way am I wasting them on powering carts.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m at 40 hours and just started chapter 4, not continuing the story for a bit since I have 2 place still that aren’t max faction yet. I’m so utterly addicted to this game it’s hitting all the right buttons for me. i can walk around doing nothing but deliveries for hours and not get bored for some reason.

The story is real good so far, it’s weird but fairly cohesive. Reading all the emails and interviews provide a nice depth to the setting on how things happen, and how people reacted to it, and how the tech and stuff was discovered. Lots of thought went into trying to make everything make sense.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users