Death Stranding

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Maybe I’m just old fashioned, but I miss the days when you’d see some actual gameplay before publishers asked you to pay them.

In the current market its pretty good for not asking for money 2+ years before actual launch though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
collectors edition up at best buy $199 ($160 with GCU)

6354749cv11d.jpg

game website
Death Stranding

LspcCqG.jpg

fp8Mj1q.png

F5kxudt.jpg

D7s06qjU8AAwxU2.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Nov. 8th, 2019.

Was just gonna post that. I stand corrected. Trailer makes the story look intriguing but mechanically and gameplay-wise, I’m not convinced. The amount of details they’ve managed to get into character models is pretty impressive.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That comment by Kojima makes it sound like the game will have a multiplayer element, it also makes me curious how much impact another player(s) can have on your own game.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It almost sounds a bit like dragons dogma pawns. Stuff you are doing in your single player game can be interacted with by others so maybe not directly multiplayer but what you do can have impacts/interacted with by others in their games?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
so probably first quarter 2020 pc release date? too bad i'll have already watched a playthrough so won't need to play it

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Damn, Kojima is bridging the gap between games and movies. I'm more interested in the story than gameplay right now.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Kojima has a true skill for creating trailers that show you so much, but leave you so confused.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
so probably first quarter 2020 pc release date? too bad i'll have already watched a playthrough so won't need to play it

Sony exclusive. So rather late 2020 for a PS5 version will be the upgrade. Not PC.

Trailer was great. Agree with Randin Randin that Kojima is really good at making them. How many 2 minute trailers have spoiled entire movies? There is around 20 minutes total of CGI \ gameplay of the game and I don't feel I know anything about it other than I want to play it.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Nov. 8th, 2019.

I have no fucking idea what is going on here, but I want to know more. This looks interesting. I am not one for walking simulators, which this is clearly more than, but even if this was more an interactive movie than a game I think I would be all in.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have no fucking idea what is going on here, but I want to know more. This looks interesting. I am not one for walking simulators, which this is clearly more than, but even if this was more an interactive movie than a game I think I would be all in.

Yeah I loved MGS5 and that was half finished basically. I'll totally play this. If nothing else every single Kojima game has a number of surprising elements in it. This trailer tells me that there's a destroyed US that can be reconnected via... walking simulation. There are also terrorists who want to stop that along with Lovecraftian demons who like the rain.

Let's go! rofl.

• 1Worf

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
maybe i'm alone in this, but after having watched that trailer, i'm still just as confused about what this game actually is. i think kojima is just getting more pretentious and artsy about his work and it feels more and more disconnected from real life with every game he makes.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I still have no fucking idea what this is all about, but I'll still watch / play / eat / verb anything if Mads Mikkelsen is involved so whatever.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
My first reaction is Kojima can't stop smelling his own farts and this game is his magnum opus of fart smelling. Then I'm intrigued because I like Norman Reedus. Then info about an upside down dimension that you are banished to if you die. Kojima still has his head way too far up his own ass to be healthy, but I seem to really like games with a "strange" Lovecraftian twist to them now, so my interest is more than piqued. However, I don't want to spend an entire game avoiding fights (not stealth this time but flat out running), and frankly I'm getting some serious No Man's Sky vibes from all of the "Ok what do you do?" questions popping up in all discussions. But, If the gameplay is actually intriguing and not just an inconvenience to slog through to get to the next cinematic a la RDR 2 and it's fairly open ended in allowing you to approach things in any way you see fit without overly punishing you for doing something the devs don't want you to, then I'm totally in.