December Holiday Festivus Retro GOTM - - Final Fantasy

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Back traveling for work and this time brought my ps4 controller. I've never beaten a single final Fantasy game ever. I'm a little scared.
You get the controller and everything else working alright?

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Holy shit just found the vampire after exploring this whole area... Killed him in two hits. Was not expecting that. Also wtf is a vampire guarding the earth shit? Makes no sense. Anyways onwards to figure out where to go next! I saw some stairs I can't go down yet. So I'm guessing I'll be back.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Also the fucking bats and npcs in this game are the worst fucking trolls when trying to go along paths!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

There is a spot in a later town where I got locked by a wandering NPC for about 10 hours! Ok... maybe 1 min, but that sure felt like 10 hours!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Finally did it. Got the first crystal done! Boss was a one rounder. Got scared when he cast a spell but didn't do much damage thankfully as I had used all my heals up!

15451009344622317219028177339489.jpg

• 2Like

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Ok found the canoe, and the floor is Lava place. Holy shit. That was annoying like having poison on all the characters. Restocking on potions between. Places taking up time but meh.

Btw I can't figure out why I can't buy some spells (exit) for example. Says sorry I can't use it as a white mage? What's up with that?

Now to figure out where to go next. Whee

15451142274591505724346819544664.jpg

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Ok found the canoe, and the floor is Lava place. Holy shit. That was annoying like having poison on all the characters.

when i go through there i specifically choose to walk ON the lava, for one big benefit -- no random encounters while on lava!

Btw I can't figure out why I can't buy some spells (exit) for example. Says sorry I can't use it as a white mage? What's up with that?

can't learn it until the class change :)

BTW, i can't remember for sure if that menu screen shows your party in formation order, but just in case -- did you know that where your party members are in combat, from top to bottom, determines how often they get hit? so you want your warrior at the top slot, and black mage in the bottom slot. i think hitting Select while walking around is how you change it on NES? been a while.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ok found the canoe, and the floor is Lava place. Holy shit. That was annoying like having poison on all the characters. Restocking on potions between. Places taking up time but meh.

Now to figure out where to go next. Whee

View attachment 186408

probably have to class change first.

• 1Like

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Yea party order was jacked up because poison is annoying and moves people around lol. I can't wait to get home and continue the search. Now that I have a canoe I feel like there's places to go back too.

Is the class change soon?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
In order to perform the class change, you need to have the rat tail. In order to get the rat tail, you need to go to the Citadel of Trials. In order to get to the Citadel of Trials, you need to get the airship. In order to get the airship, you need to get the levistone. In order to get the levistone, you need to go to the ice cavern. In order to get to the ice cavern, you need to get the canoe. In order to get the canoe, you need to beat Lich and then talk to the sages at Crescent Lake.

copypasta

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
edit -- ugh always end up clicking submit twice when i use my laptop's trackpad, whoops

Therage

Vyemm Raider
So find ice cave and where I need to trade the levistone for airship. Then find those other things lol. Got it!

• 1Like

Szlia

T Therage Yeah someone tells you where to go, but that someone only tells you that after your get the levistone. Also, that someone is not really in a place that makes sense!

More help?

The someone is in the Elf village.

Even more help????

He tells you to take the stone to the desert south of Crescent Lake.

• 2Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This will always be my favourite game of all time.

I used to replay it consistently because I didn’t own any other games on the NES at the time.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

So find ice cave and where I need to trade the levistone for airship. Then find those other things lol. Got it!

If you want to grind, the EYE is a perfect square encounter to do so, even once you can one shot him - the exp and $ are insane. An hour there will set u up for ez water or even air runs

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Took a "few" tries, but a festivus miracle, MIRACLE I say, happened tonight!

During:
20181218_224944.jpg

After:
20181218_232328.jpg

With a party like mine, all my failed attempts were due to Chaos using CUR4 for 9999 healing after deploying most of my magic charges. Grabbing the Big W was like: Give the Russian the Masamune, cast Haste on him, attack, and spam Holy on KKK and Nuke on Tyrone. Then pray.

20181218_232403.jpg

Tag me next round boys; looking forward to fun > challenge this time!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Thanks I'm flying now! Got the tail. Didn't think about farming the eye guess I could do that haha. Though I hit 23 I think during my play session tonight. Flew around for a while found weird peeps who only say lupa or something. And people excited I have legs. I also found and beat the water temple thing including finding a slab!

So interesting thing I've noticed aside from the map looping in a weird way and me not being able to find towns at first. Is maps wrap around in dungeons and towns too. Noticed it in the mermaid palace thing when you go left to get to the room on the top right. And in one of the towns when going to get spells. I assume this is a limitation of the hardware and not complaining about it. Just found it funny.

Combat has become interesting as the monk is wrecking shit. Hit 6x for 450ish. Spell casting is less annoying now walking around with 22 houses and some cabins so I can heal refresh during dungeons. Will say I had to start running from some fights. I do want to finish this game eventually lol.

One complaint I have although minor now that I have the ship. Is later town's the heals aren't at the top of the buy list so I always have to fly to an older town. Also buying is still annoying oh well.

3/4 crystals! Onwards!

• 2Like