Defiance

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You know why I hate defiance? The downtime and rollbacks any time i start playing the game. heh. I am so glad the game cost me $5 us.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The game is really shitty unless your standards are terribly low. Borderlands 2 is a much much better investment of your gaming dollars. By all means contribute to the shitty MMO fund if you feel the need. its no wonder companies continue to churn out shit when people keep buying it.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
What is the loot system like in this game is it random gen loot like Borderlands or standard set mmo loot?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Steam has this on sale for $13 and $23 (Deluxe). Think its 30hrs left now?
It isn't even worth that much. Better saving that money for some better games later this week. This game blows.

Syringed_sl

shitlord
Despite paying only $12 on this during Amazon's Summer Sale, having to redo settings EVERY FUCKING TIME I log in for video, audio, keyboard config and mouse really pisses me off and quickly made me regret buying it. I checked their official forums to see if there's a fix for it or at least a dev response. Of course, there's no fix and no dev response on the issue despite it being known by the community.

On a positive note, I really like the GTA-style challenges around the map for racing, rampage modes, and weapon challenges. More MMOs could use those.

Despite paying only $12 on this during Amazon's Summer Sale, having to redo settings EVERY FUCKING TIME I log in for video, audio, keyboard config and mouse really pisses me off and quickly made me regret buying it. I checked their official forums to see if there's a fix for it or at least a dev response. Of course, there's no fix and no dev response on the issue despite it being known by the community.

On a positive note, I really like the GTA-style challenges around the map for racing, rampage modes, and weapon challenges. More MMOs could use those.
You forgot No Global chat UI or in game chat makes the entire game feel like boring single player shooter, and sure as hell no MMO.

Cheers.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>

Re... really?! That's like Asheron's Call 2 level incompetence there, what with the chat and all.

+ nets for you for helping me save money avoiding this. I feel bad for a co-worker, he buys every MMO and ended up buying this at full price x2 (for his wife too lol).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The game is really shitty unless your standards are terribly low. Borderlands 2 is a much much better investment of your gaming dollars. By all means contribute to the shitty MMO fund if you feel the need. its no wonder companies continue to churn out shit when people keep buying it.
So much this. I feel worse about buying this (at release) than I do about buying AoE 2 HD and I haven't even loaded AoE 2 up once yet...

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I bought my brother a copy of the game on steam so we could run some arkfalls together.

I tried to trade him some weapons today. I think it took about 15 thousand different menu to click through before I could finally give him a weapon.

How the fuck did this get released in this state? Parts of this are quite fun but mostly this feels like a shitty beta.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It is not a complete loss, but it definitely has weird minor issues that make no sense.
Minor issues? The game is horseshit. People here are much better off just loading up Borderlands 2 and all the DLC on sale for 20 bucks.

(And against better judgement, I decided to give it a shot. Thank God I paid $35 on GMG when it launched. That's still $90 dollars too much)

Played this for about 6 hours total before I couldn't stand it any longer.

Minor issues? The game is horseshit. People here are much better off just loading up Borderlands 2 and all the DLC on sale for 20 bucks.

(And against better judgement, I decided to give it a shot. Thank God I paid $35 on GMG when it launched. That's still $90 dollars too much)

Played this for about 6 hours total before I couldn't stand it any longer.
Agree with all points.
Some players paid for the DLC 5 season or whatever pack, fuck they have not even had Season 1 out yet.
Add to that this was console port on the pc 1 less tech, Graphic setting then 1st gen shooter on pc.
No working Chat UI, even worse then dc fucking online on the pc.

All the Devs for this from the pc to even the console versions should be taken outside and euthanized asap.
However sadly they wont be euthanized instead all of them will end up with new game companies and other MMO's just so they can fuck them up to.
This is how the game industry works they constantly recycle the trash=Devs and even promote them.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Really the best thing you can take away from the new posts in this thread is to give borderlands 2 a try instead of throwing money at this.

Syringed_sl

shitlord
What blows my mind the most about this game is the non-working chat. I mean, I can log into any number of shitty Asian F2P MMOs and enjoy working, functional chat between players.

My experiences with Rift at launch were spectacular compared to most MMO launches as well. Patching took way less than projected, bugs were not game-breakers (In the timeline that I played it), GMs were fast and helpful, and the chat fucking worked.

It's like two entirely different companies worked on Defiance and Rift.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Two different studios actually. I'm interested to see what they did with End of Nations since they are making that into a MOBA from what I hear.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Two different studios actually. I'm interested to see what they did with End of Nations since they are making that into a MOBA from what I hear.
There is probably a reason why Hartsman got out of Dodge. And I am guessing since the Rift Expansion was shit, Defiance was shit, end of nations will also likely be shit.

It's amazing how much good will and trust can be flushed down the toilet in a matter of months. Something higher level must have happened to make all this occur.