Defiance

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
I bought borderlands 2 full price and have only put maybe 4 hours in to it. Not really digging it.

Guess I'm polar opposite. I just find that to not like defiance you have to be somewhat petty. The gunplay is fun.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
There is probably a reason why Hartsman got out of Dodge. And I am guessing since the Rift Expansion was shit, Defiance was shit, end of nations will also likely be shit.

It's amazing how much good will and trust can be flushed down the toilet in a matter of months. Something higher level must have happened to make all this occur.
He left because of other reasons from what I've heard, but I won't share what they were.

Rift Expansion was pretty good if you still liked Rift at that point. The art was better, the world design was better, the rift stuff was better. I got tired of how they designed their class system. That's why I left.

Defiance was really shitty, but it was designed by another studio.

End of Nations was a Petroglyph game that Trion was publishing I believe (or some other arrangement). I actually played the game, it was a simple RTS but I had no idea how they were going to make money. It was kind of all over the place, but it was much better than Defiance. Right now it's a totally new game and Trion has brought it in house for development so we'll see.

Trion lost my good will when Hartsman left, when Rift design really became unimaginative in their class design after 2 years of just meh. Then once Defiance came out I just rolled my eyes.

Also, Rift Junkies is three years old now. Yeesh.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I just find that to not like defiance you have to be somewhat petty.
Petty? It's a massively multiplayer game that doesn't even support a usable chat/voice system. The gun variety in one segment of Borderlands 1, or 2, completely eclipses the entire game of defiance, and has a shit ton more content to boot.

Come on. Don't sound like James Ohlen. You are better than that and people here aren't as stupid as that either.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Petty? It's a massively multiplayer game that doesn't even support a usable chat/voice system. The gun variety in one segment of Borderlands 1, or 2, completely eclipses the entire game of defiance, and has a shit ton more content to boot.

Come on. Don't sound like James Ohlen. You are better than that and people here aren't as stupid as that either.
I'm only a few hours in. People actually use ingame voice? ITs been a turd in wow for the longest time. I thought ev1 just used vent or axiom or Skype.
I've had zero issues with it so far. I liked the shard events even though its a direct rip off of a rift. IDK maybe its just refreshing from magic based MMOs. Let me restate that I have not finished the campaign and have no idea about the majority of the game. I've liked what I've played so far. That's all im saying.
I did not enjoy borderlands 2, ive played maybe 2 hours of co-op and the rest single player. Out of my friends, i'm the only one that doesn't like borderlands. They've all played it many times through. I'm not trying to spin defiance or anything. I've had bsod issues not related to the game, and the only thing that bugged me was it doesn't save my incomplete quest progress when I get disconnected. One dungeon/instance or whatever it was bugged and I had to reset it. Other than that, the game has worked, nothing has gotten in my way to play like failures to loot, random disconnects or any other weird mmo bullshit one usually expects.

spronk

FPS noob
well shit, the price of the game has dropped to $10, sucks for anyone who paid $13.50 during steam summer sale. not even sure why you'd charge $10 instead of just going f2p

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that $3.50 is so fucking much to be worried about. Holy shit. You cant even buy a mcdonalds lunch for that.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Rustled some jimmies here because I had some fun with Defiance. I can't believe you can offend someone from being happy LOL.

Syringed_sl

shitlord
I did get some entertainment out of Defiance when I picked it up on the Steam sale. Like I said before, I did like the GTA/Saints Row style rampage/racing/situational challenges littered around the main map and the gameplay itself is not terrible.

Although I can recognize positive aspects of Defiance and enjoy parts of it, I can also recognize that it's still a terrible excuse of a MMO. I'd like to see Trion actually fix this mess but it seems they've settled on cutting the price down to $10 and giving no fucks.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There was plenty of fun to be had with this game. Fuck the haters. Its good to go for a month or two. The story line is worth to play through. For $10-$20 its a steal.
Comparing this to BL2 is kind of unfair. BL2 is way over the top. It kind of breaks down at lv35 or so and gets helly unbalanced. This is more balanced all the way through. not to mention all the cheats and shit in BL2. Create end game characters with cheat programs, item duping, item mods, etc fuck, my 11 yr old is hacking the game....

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Im about at the end of the campaign, and I got to say, for 10 bucks, 30 hours of fun is a steal. I actually grew to like some of the characters, and the missions get epic towards the end.

I tried to watch the show, the first episode was rough and I ended up walking away, but ill give it another shot when I have more time. I like the bold move they did having a show and game tie in. I figured it was worth a chance.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The show improved towards the end. Hopefully the writing improvements carry over to the 2nd season.

The show improved towards the end. Hopefully the writing improvements carry over to the 2nd season.
The show needs a lot more aliens on aliens, aliens on humans basically they need to get 3 factions going with maybe even 4th faction to have a lot more action all the time, wars,pvp,drama.
If the whole year of the show it was more like the finale of the season with some cliff hangers GOT style and 2 part episodes this show would have been 1000% better.

Cheers.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
I talked another member into getting it for 10 bucks. Within minutes of making his character I had him teleporting to me so he could do the Ark Falls. I like how the game stays the hell out of the way of itself. There was one ark fall with over a hundred players going nuts.
I literally had him teleport to me to get all the fast travel locations, now he can do more ark falls himself as long as he stays away from those volge motherfuckers.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Didn't you get the memo? You are not allowed to have fun in a game if others didn't.
Aye, classic cases of:

BytwxFp.jpg

I played this in beta and thought it sucked then, though.