Desktop Computers

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Rather than changing the association have you tried deleting the aspx and asp extensions completely and then opening one and pointing towards the chrome.exe?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
decided im going to build a server. this server will have several purposes; serving Plex media to my devices (both in network and out), hosting my own private email server, hosting online multiplayer games (when i find a game i enjoy enough to serve for). can anyone give me a rough idea how much processing power i would need for this?

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Depends a lot of the plex / game server load. You can go for something like this :Amazon.com: HP Smart Buy ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 : Intel 2.3GHz Xeon 775590-S01: Computers Accessoriesand throw some ram / hdds in it or if you need more space/power something like this :Amazon.com : Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 70A4001LUX 5U Tower Server (3.2 GHz Intel Xeon E3-1225 v3 Processor, 4 GB ECC RAM, No HDD, DVD-ROM, No OS) Black : Computer Servers : Computers Accessories. If you want to go cheap build a "white box" (diy with generic parts).

For more detailed info you need to provide us with some average loads (concurrent users of plex / game hosting) or a budget.

here's mine :Homelab - Album on Imgur

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Put my system together today, everything but the graphics card. I still have these two mismatched 970s and I can't decide whether to just use one and sell the other or sell them both and buy a 980 or a fury or something. Really wish I'd known 970s didn't play nice together.

On a more positive note it's good to see you can just fresh install windows 10 and enter a windows 7 key and it will activate fine.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Depends a lot of the plex / game server load. You can go for something like this :Amazon.com: HP Smart Buy ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 : Intel 2.3GHz Xeon 775590-S01: Computers Accessoriesand throw some ram / hdds in it or if you need more space/power something like this :Amazon.com : Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 70A4001LUX 5U Tower Server (3.2 GHz Intel Xeon E3-1225 v3 Processor, 4 GB ECC RAM, No HDD, DVD-ROM, No OS) Black : Computer Servers : Computers Accessories. If you want to go cheap build a "white box" (diy with generic parts).

For more detailed info you need to provide us with some average loads (concurrent users of plex / game hosting) or a budget.

here's mine :Homelab - Album on Imgur
changed my mind, i think i'm going to rent a dedicated server for the time being since the ISP options in my city are pretty much shit. will be used as a seedbox / plex server / e-mail server. will windows server 2012 be the best choice for this?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh I see how it may read like that, but not what I meant. Maybe in file type association you set it to none? Then try to open an asp or aspx and do it. In Windows 7 you could actually remove a extension from the menu I think. Not at my Windows 10 computer to check.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think buying Skylakes at this price is ridiculous when people could be buying 5820Ks.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Oh I see how it may read like that, but not what I meant. Maybe in file type association you set it to none? Then try to open an asp or aspx and do it. In Windows 7 you could actually remove a extension from the menu I think. Not at my Windows 10 computer to check.
Well our work computers are on 8.1, and I don't see any way to set it to none. It makes me choose some program.

However, after trying to screw around with it some I just noticed something else. When in IE there is a little Icon next to the address bar, and when I hover over it says "Enterprise mode". "Enterprise Mode helps improve the compatibility of websites identified by your company." So it sounds like it is some group policy, but that doesn't make much sense since nobody else I know is having this issue.

I don't know but I fucking hate it

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
just ordered a dedicated server. chose Ubuntu 14.04 for the OS because that was the only one I recognized and there was no option for install Windows Server 2012 while using your own key. i do have a windows server 2012 key though, is it possible for me to ditch the ubuntu installation and install windows server?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I would assume if it's a half good data center they would notice one of their boxes having a different os assuming it's not a vm.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
just ordered a dedicated server. chose Ubuntu 14.04 for the OS because that was the only one I recognized and there was no option for install Windows Server 2012 while using your own key. i do have a windows server 2012 key though, is it possible for me to ditch the ubuntu installation and install windows server?
Depends entirely on who you are hosting with. Most places won't give you KVM access to the box so installing it yourself manual is generally out, but if you call their sales fags and tell them you want to use your own key they can likely switch the OS to whatever you want.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Well yea, they could just pump out and roll out a new Ubuntu server in like nothing flat, but once you ask for windows server, they actually gotta get ppl working cuz of the license issues.