Desktop Computers

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
970s only use 150w.
That's what they consume, but with inefficiency, that means more like 200w at the wall and in terms of the rating for the PSU. If his Dell came with a 300-400W PSU or something silly, it would be shy. 500W would likely be fine.

kegkilla_sl said:
considering Eomer buys new cars for common street trash so that they sleep with him, dropping 2 grand on a PC probably wouldn't be much of an issue.
It was 4 years old, bro. I'm notdesperate.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i'm up running Server 2012 now and by god am i glad i got rid of that Ubuntu garbage. peasant software clearly not fit for a Prince like myself.

a few questions:

-with hosting companies, is there generally an option where they will capture an image of your drives and move it to a different server if you chose to? i'm starting to regret not getting more disk space. although i guess that would create issues with the OS licensing...fuck.

- is there anywhere i can buy a bulk license of Exchange Server similar to how they sell them off on reddit/microsoftswap ?

- i spilled monster energy drink on my work laptop (the orange flavor Khaos) and now a few of my keys are very sticky. how can i clean that shit without breaking anything?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
i'm up running Server 2012 now and by god am i glad i got rid of that Ubuntu garbage. peasant software clearly not fit for a Prince like myself.

a few questions:

-with hosting companies, is there generally an option where they will capture an image of your drives and move it to a different server if you chose to? i'm starting to regret not getting more disk space. although i guess that would create issues with the OS licensing...fuck.

- is there anywhere i can buy a bulk license of Exchange Server similar to how they sell them off on reddit/microsoftswap ?

- i spilled monster energy drink on my work laptop (the orange flavor Khaos) and now a few of my keys are very sticky. how can i clean that shit without breaking anything?
Exchange is gonna be expensive almost anywhere. Imaging your drives/cloning them is probably more trouble than it's worth if you just finished installing the OS. There might just be room for more drives in your chassis depending on what you ordered, ask them if you can just add more disks for a D: or F: or something rather than fuck with cloning.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
hmm... they won't allow me to add additional hard drives. i'm thinking about moving up to a box with 3x4tb storage in raid 5, the downside though is that its 8 gb of RAM rather than 16 gb that i have now. how likely is that to bite me in the ass if i'm trying to seed a ton of torrents?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
hmm... they won't allow me to add additional hard drives. i'm thinking about moving up to a box with 3x4tb storage in raid 5, the downside though is that its 8 gb of RAM rather than 16 gb that i have now. how likely is that to bite me in the ass if i'm trying to seed a ton of torrents?
wait, you got a dedi server, just to seed? how much was this server? and are they one of those no tell companies?, do you have bandwidth limitations? usually on a dedi server you won't get unmetered, propbably 1TB,

but no seeding is like min ram

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
wait, you got a dedi server, just to seed? how much was this server? and are they one of those no tell companies?, do you have bandwidth limitations? usually on a dedi server you won't get unmetered, propbably 1TB,

but no seeding is like min ram
got it with a few things in mind, seeding probably my biggest priority. its like $45 a month, probably like $70 if i upgrade to a server with bigger HDD. no bandwidth limitations, 1G uplink. the company has a good reputation with the torrent community and it's located offshore so i'm sure i'm good there. i wouldn't be seeding anything off of non secure trackers anyway.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Hopefully you get a lot of use out of your other plans for the sever, because you can get a quality offshore seedbox service for $10-$15/mo

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
that would be a great idea if i wanted to convert all my music to 64kbps MP3 to fit on a pathetic 500gb hard drive and spend the rest of my life watching 700mb DivX Rips of all my favorite movies. do you know if they offer any specials on Real Player streaming?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
depends on the tracker. on the more competitive trackers (what.cd, AHD) you pretty much have to if you want to build any upload credit.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Threw my second 970 in SLI. It works.

The positives:
Performance improved pretty massively in benchmarks.

The negatives:
fallout won't launch with SLI running if I clock both cards back up to the default(1380) of the Zotac. The PNY blower cooler is also loud as shit.

I think even if I end up SLIing I'm going to get rid of the PNY and wait for another of the Zotac to go on sale. It's practically silent.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone recommend some quiet 120mm case fans? The ones that came with this Air 540 are shitty and squeaking right out of the box.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
got it with a few things in mind, seeding probably my biggest priority. its like $45 a month, probably like $70 if i upgrade to a server with bigger HDD. no bandwidth limitations, 1G uplink. the company has a good reputation with the torrent community and it's located offshore so i'm sure i'm good there. i wouldn't be seeding anything off of non secure trackers anyway.
command prompt => "systeminfo", probably a few mins to gather info, look at bios if it's regular BIOS info, it's a dedi, if it's vmware bios, they still sold you a VPS.

45$ bucks is amazing for a dedi.