Desktop Computers

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, but fuck calling people on the phone. And I didn't buy Win 7 from a store, got it through some MSDN alliance thing with my university.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, I went a different route. Mainly, because this looked like it would work and I'm cheap as fuck to pay for even a $10 key. Ok, maybe not $10, I didn't see that post until just now.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

If you link your legit license to a microsoft account, when you reinstall or change your hardware, you can use that microsoft account to reactivate windows. So it's almost like you have a floating license.

you-dont-say.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not going to verify this, but I'm betting this method will work more than once. Don't act like it's the exact same.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Interested in potentially building a Hackintosh (will alter parts based on compatibility) since my hubby loves OSX.

System Build - Core i9-7920X 2.9GHz 12-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX - PCPartPicker

Going to try and put one OS for each M.2 drive. I'd like to delve into the world of watercooling, but, I'm afraid it would be a lot of time and hassle (of time I do not have). I just dislike having to take apart the computer once a year or so to blow the dust out of it with air cooling.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So, I went a different route. Mainly, because this looked like it would work and I'm cheap as fuck to pay for even a $10 key. Ok, maybe not $10, I didn't see that post until just now.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

If you link your legit license to a microsoft account, when you reinstall or change your hardware, you can use that microsoft account to reactivate windows. So it's almost like you have a floating license.
Upgrading the hard drive in my laptop and this will work beautifully!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Interested in potentially building a Hackintosh (will alter parts based on compatibility) since my hubby loves OSX.

System Build - Core i9-7920X 2.9GHz 12-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX - PCPartPicker

Going to try and put one OS for each M.2 drive. I'd like to delve into the world of watercooling, but, I'm afraid it would be a lot of time and hassle (of time I do not have). I just dislike having to take apart the computer once a year or so to blow the dust out of it with air cooling.

My buddy and I built a Hackintosh a few years ago and it took us at least 10 hours of meddling to get the software working right. And even then, every few weeks it would crash and he'd have to meddle some more. It was a bad enough experience for him to make the switch to PC the next time around.

Malkav

French Madman
Why the hell would you want OSX on a PC anyway?

Let me correct that. Why the hell would you want OSX period?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but can you copy files from your native file system that way? I need to put a lot of things. Put put put.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
It’s only $359 though so not over $400. It’s still the best you can get on Intels consumer platflom.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's going to be the best gaming CPU available, by a large margin, for at least for a year or so.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'll just end up getting a binned delidded one from Silicon Lottery. I'm curious how fast they can go stable with this one. Think the max you could do the 7700 was 5.3.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Why does it need delidding?

I'm probably gonna bite on 8th gen with the new expanded core counts. Time to finally retire my 2500K.