Desktop Computers

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I was thinking of getting myself a decent sound setup for my gaming PC rather then just using the onboard stuff.

I was thinking about https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009RPQA2G/ref=psdc_949408031_t1_B009ISU33E but not sure what headphones to get with it, (cannot use speakers) but as someone who never really messed around with sound setups I was wondering what headphones I should get or if it would even be worth installing a sound card if I only going to be using headphones?

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
If headphones is all you want do not bother with Sound card at all. Just use SPDIF out. Most MB will have these days)

1) A little DAC.....https://www.amazon.co.uk/Decoder-Headphone-Amplifier-Powered-Computer-M3-Amp/dp/B01FLYEG40

2) A little cable..... https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasi...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HFE87KCSATCMKZKEK916

3) Some nice cans...... I like Sennheisers, have to dig around for best prices :
HD550 (cheap)
HD590 (mid) https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD590-Headphone-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B00004SD89
HD650 (high end) https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-650-Professional-Headphone/dp/B00018MSNI

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone here have a GTX 1050 or 1050ti? Looking for your impressions of this card and what games you play and also system specs and resolution you run?

My GTX660 just died and I can't bring myself to layout the dollars for a 1060 or beyond. My system (i5-3570k, 16gb, 29" ultra-wide display) ran fine with the 660 but wish I had more vram anyway. I primarily play(ed) TF2, Overwatch, GTA5, Wolfenstein2, Destiny2, Diablo3 these days.

Thanks

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Get a Titan Volta.

Whoever is the retard at AMD who came up with "poor volta" should never work in marketing again.

Kiki

Log Wizard
You can get a nice 1060 for about $300. Everything else is like $450+ range. Sadly a 980 still beats a 1060. Shit's crazy expensive these days.

loudgas

Does no one read anymore?

Specifically asking about the 1050 ti, I know what I can and would prefer to buy with unlimited funds.

Lurkingmoar

Molten Core Raider
Go with the GTX 1050 TI because it's still one of the only cards around its MSRP, and performs fairly better than a RX560 or GTX 1050.

loudgas

So my original question is for those in the community who own a 1050/1050ti, just looking for their impressions of this card, how it performs, what games they play with it. I don't know if I can be any clearer.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
So my original question is for those in the community who own a 1050/1050ti, just looking for their impressions of this card, how it performs, what games they play with it. I don't know if I can be any clearer.

Benchmarks exist.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

I have a 1050ti in my second computer. Works pretty well for 1080p. The bonus is you don't need a power connector on it depending on which model you buy. I think it's 70w or something. I think I paid $120 for it and it works well for that computer at that price.

I'm not a "gamer" per say. Right now I'm playing Path of Exile and it does well with it. I have all the textures and such set to high and get >60fps in the game with it, normally around 100-120fps at 1080p. The only other game I normally play is Eve online and you could play it well with a vodoo2 lol. Lot of people play it with crap laptops so it's not really demanding.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
So after breaking my leg 2 weeks ago I have been thinking about streaming Fortnite BR while I heal up. I normally play a game or 2 every night on PS4 but decided to boot up the computer to get everything ready on it, obs and whatnot. So after getting everything ready I started streaming and sure as shit my comp is just too outdated to do anything but play the game effectively.

That being said I am looking at getting a new I5 8400 and a GTX 1060 with 8 gigs of RAM and I was wondering if that will be sufficient to play, stream and record at the same time? That is about all I can get atm as I am not bringing in any money for the next few months.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
That is good to hear. Is there anything else I might need for a stream? I won't be doing a cam but will be picking up a dedicated mic rather then the g960 headset mic even though I haven't had any problem with it. Thanks again.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I stream with OBS. I use some stream overlay service (streamerpro.io or something), but that's extra. It'll take a bit to figure out your OBS settings for optimal quality and performance but really I just use OBS and it handles it all.

I just use my hyperx cloud mic but I'm only streaming to like 4 people and also in raid leading so a desk mic isn't ideal. I think blue yeti is fairly popular ??

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gotcha, I will do some homework on a mic but I won't be streaming to a lot of people either I would imagine. In all honesty I probably won't need a dedicated mic so I might just play that one by ear. I will most likely be setting a schedule too just so I don't get lazy during my recovery which I can see happening with how immobile I am.