Desktop Computers

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I did some pc gaming from a lazyboy for a year or so and it seriously fucked up my wrists. I didn't have a premade board like the couchmaster, but pretty much used a board and some pillows to get the same effect. The ergonomics just don't work for extensive usage. Your wrists end up resting on the board too much and bending vertically. A lot of it can be avoided by having the board at a lower level than your resting elbow height, (so that your wrists hang) but it's really hard to accomplish when dealing with the chair and the board together.

I use a PC from a recliner for like years now, I use a small end table like this
georgian-demi-line-tea-table-antique-half-round-table-antique-half-round-table-150x150.jpg
and put it next to the chair for the mouse, let your arm be in a more natural and lower position

Last edited:

jeydax

Death and Taxes
How can you have a hands on review with no benchmarks. FAKE NEWS. VERY FAKE NEWS.

Reading is tough.

Performance
Unfortunately, due to multiple non-disclosure agreements we signed, we can only tell you that Shadow of the Tomb Raider looks stunning with ray tracing turned on. Thanks to Nvidia’s RTX technology, shadows do indeed look more realistic – with different intensities everywhere depicted in a stony ruin in the rainforest. We also just gawked at the walls, looking them shimmer as light reflected and refracted off of them.

In terms of frame rate, Shadow of the Tomb Raider ran at a mostly consistent 50-57 fps, which is impressive giving the game is running on a single GPU and in such an early state – on top of all the new ray tracing techniques.

We also played a variety of other PC games that shall not be named, and saw performance run in excess of 100 fps at 4K and Ultra settings. Unfortunately, we also don’t know how much power these GPUs had to draw to reach this level of performance.
We’ll also note that the gaming PCs at Nvidia’s event were arranged in the worst way possible, with almost all the machines exhausting heat directly toward the next one behind it. So, we’ll likely see even better performance once we get a card into our isolated test bench.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

orionTZ1998

Golden Squire
Reading is tough.
There's literally nothing in that article of any substance. Every single piece of information from that "hands-on" review could have been gleaned from watching the Nvidia presentation or by looking at a picture of the card.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
saying they ran some games at 100fps 4k is useless without saying what games they are.

My Honda Civic can go 120 mph if I'm on a perfectly flat road with no other cars

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
$500 for a gpu is still fucking nuts. Might as well join the console club then, lol. Can get a xbox ultra or whatever the fuck for that same price and play on 65 in 4K TV. 60 fps. No wonder PC gaming is dying.
I've got a PS4 Pro that I hardly play with a 4K TV and Dolby Atmos. Still spent $2300 on a dual 1080Ti PC gaming setup. Obviously monstrously overkill, but you can easily get console performance out of the same dollars on a PC. Just depends. I can't play the games I play on console, but I also can't play FIFA with bros on my PC, either. It's not an either or for me, but I see that it can be for a lot of folks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can't believe someone would say you might as well go console. It NEVER looks or feels as good as PC.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I can't believe someone would say you might as well go console. It NEVER looks or feels as good as PC.
You'd be wrong, but only when it involves a game that isn't available for PC, and assumes the PC isn't a dumpster fire.

Meanwhile I'm contemplating a mouse replacement. I've used the Razer Mamba 2012 for six years now, removed the battery and always wired. Previously I'd been told to purchase the Deathadder as it was the same, except it wasn't. I'm contemplating the current Deathadder Chroma, but still conflicted. The Mamba 2012 for me has had the most perfect ergonomics. If anyone can speak to that and say one is the same or an improvement, I'm all ears.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
I've used the Razer Mamba 2012 for six years now, removed the battery and always wired.
Funny story, if you do this but don't remove the battery, it eventually starts to bulge. Couldn't figure out what was wrong with it one day, and finally noticed it was sitting unevenly. And now it feels too light with the extra weight removed.

I haven't looked too hard for a replacement yet, but if I get something similar I'll post it. Whatever it is, I just hope it comes in similarly ridiculous packaging!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Funny story, if you do this but don't remove the battery, it eventually starts to bulge. Couldn't figure out what was wrong with it one day, and finally noticed it was sitting unevenly. And now it feels too light with the extra weight removed.

I haven't looked too hard for a replacement yet, but if I get something similar I'll post it. Whatever it is, I just hope it comes in similarly ridiculous packaging!
Giant clear plastic enclosure like a piece of expensive fuckin art.... lol

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm a big fan and proponent of the dearh adder, I've owned a few of them and loved them. Never tried a mamba although I always wanted to. Some of the logitech mice have weights you can remove/add

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Use a Corsair m65 pro and it’s an excellent mouse. Traded in a Logitech, steel series and mamba for this one. Feels great

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I need a palm mouse. I've used claw and that shit hurts my hand though I do appreciate the lack of surface drag. Also not interested in a million tiny buttons on the thumb that I'm gonna accidentally hit, or something so large as the MX Master. I also use max sensitivity with zero acceleration, so weight needs to be precise - not weightless, but not a brick. I've also used some of the newer Logitech mice and somewhere along the way they lost their sturdiness. The G700 felt like cheap, pliable plastic. I've used an MX510 for my work system for 15 years now.

Is the Razer Lancehead just a lefty usable Mamba?

Is the Deathadder significantly lighter than the Mamba?

Do all Razer mice experience issues with the rubber adhesive coming loose? I had to Gorilla glue the pads back onto my Mamba 2012. Have had zero issues with reported double clicking, but the battery dying caused the sensitivity to reset on each boot until I removed it. As mentioned, I've tried several alternatives, but always end up going back to the Mamba 2012.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I really like my Razer Naga Hex. Just enough thumb buttons without getting too small/hard to press. Roccat mice are also the shit and highly recommend.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I had a razer Naga and the mousewheel broke like a year in. Im not even that rough on my shit either. Fucking $50 mouse!

Right now im using some corsair (glave I think?) one that I got for like $35 on amazon special and its been good so far for like a year plus.