Desktop Computers

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Some is solid wood; I've got two desks I made from Ikea counters and pipe/fittings.

Edit: Yours is. If you can see the grain continue from the face to the edges it's 99.9% odds solid. No one will grain match veneer at that price point.

Noodleface Noodleface cut it in half and let's find out!

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The Alex units are particle. Most of the tops are the same, with the Linddman shitty ones being mostly just cardboard, and the wood paneled ones like you have supposedly being actual wood at least when I was looking into them a couple years ago. The karlby (I assume that's what noodle has) is more than twice the weight of the ekbacken which is particle

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah it's this one

By the way home Depot carries butcher block too. They might be able to help

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I will say. It is heavy as fuck. But those Alex cabinets were heavier. Holy fuck were they heavy

Wait until they start getting filled with shit. Might want to put some furniture sliders of some sort under the legs before you get to that point. The little legs are rubbery IIRC which means you won't be able to shift them at all on those floors.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wait until they start getting filled with shit. Might want to put some furniture sliders of some sort under the legs before you get to that point. The little legs are rubbery IIRC which means you won't be able to shift them at all on those floors.
Yeah that's something I wished I had thought of, thankfully they won't be moving until we buy a new house. Just attached the monitor arms and a few other trinkets, I'll post a pic later

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
So I'm gearing up for Sunday and a Ryzen 3000. I see that my nearby Microcenter has some open box B-die GSkill DDR4 3600 CAS 17.

My motherboard is an Asus ROG Strix B450-F. Spec-wise it lists ram support for DDR4 3200(O.C)/ 3000(O.C)/ 2800(O.C)/ 2666/ 2400/ 2133. It currently runs well with some 3200.

Asus Qualified Vendor List hasn't been updated since 1st gen Ryzen.

So I'm thinking the DDR4 3600 would run, but might be limited by the board (it shouldn't be limited by third gen ryzen). Is there any chance of winning the "silicon lottery" with a mobo and being able to run a higher XMP than spec'd?

Or am I wrong about this and the board won't be able to handle anything above 3200?

Also, board bios is updated for Ryzen 3000, but there don't seem to be patch notes for it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Someone posted those DIY speaker sets earlier and I'm trying to figure out what the best way to drive them from my PC. Anyone have some insight on how to do this for quality sound without spending a ton of money?

Speakers in question, leaning towards the Classix II undefinition

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Costco had some nice "writing desks" for a while, nice solid wood, only middle drawer though but solid and thick as fuck for $250. Picked one up for my kid.

Excuse the mess, fucking 15 yr old...

20190704_142937.jpg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You people need a nice L shaped desk with glass counters. I love mine, best $80 ive ever spent.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user