Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Get the gold standard in that range and thank me later

ASUS VG248QE 24" Full HD 1920x1080 144Hz 1ms HDMI Gaming Monitor

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Shouldn't have to compromise that much on a monitor if you're gonna use it very much as a primary display. Fwiw, two years ago I bought a re-certified Acer XF270 HU 27 for $400 (IPS, freesynch, 1440p, 144hz, 4ms.)

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Anything above 24" for 1080p is a disgusting sea of visible pixels, and even 24" is barely tolerable.

If you don't need IPS, then the Dell S2719DGF is one of the best deals you can get when Dell is having a good sale, and it comes with really good support if you buy it through them.

Dell 27 Gaming Monitor: S2719DGF | Dell Canada

(Can't link to the US site due to the usual auto-redirect bullshit)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It can often be had for $360 CAD or so during one of their frequent sales, so I'm sure you could get one for 300-320 USD. It's considered to be one of the better looking TN panels, and ticks the 27"/144hz/1440p boxes as well as Freesync.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
If I want to buy a UPS, because I live in Florida, and the power can be erratic with .1 second flashes that reboot my computer, what kind of things should I be looking for? I know fuck all about them, and don't know what makes a good from a bad. I'm just looking for something to stop the power fluctuations to my computer, and that would run silent.

Get an APC or Tripp Lite or Cyberpower to suit your budget. You don't need to go bananas with one...Amazon has a $55 unit with a 7 minute run time. It will be enough to give you time to shut the PC off. For sure don't get a cheap Chinesium one....the name brands are kind of dodgy as it is.

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
IMG_20190728_135715.jpg

Built today. Thought it came out clean.

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anything above 24" for 1080p is a disgusting sea of visible pixels, and even 24" is barely tolerable.

If you don't need IPS, then the Dell S2719DGF is one of the best deals you can get when Dell is having a good sale, and it comes with really good support if you buy it through them.

Is that just the S2716DG without the gsync module? Or is it an actual newer panel?

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>

I got this for ~$300 from rakuten a couple months ago. Pretty great so far, no complaints.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 216919

Built today. Thought it came out clean.

I’m confused so may be speaking incorrectly. Is the Corsair CPU cooler / radiator placed on the front? Isn’t the front supposed to be intake and the AIO placed on the top for exhaust? It has been 6 years or so since I rebuilt and it could be different now but it just looked odd to me.

• 1Like

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
The Corsair 275R has two open slots all the way down both sides in the front. The case is setup to pull in air from the front via those slots and exhaust from the top and rear. Also the AIO is a H115i which has two 140s, so I couldn't top mount if I wanted too. But I did follow the case design. I was sitting at like 35-35 C idle. And it didn't go up much while running different benchmarks.

Edit: Sorry to be clear. The front fans are pulling through the radiator into the case, not pushing out. That's why you see the black frames.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The Corsair 275R has two open slots all the way down both sides in the front. The case is setup to pull in air from the front and exhaust from the top and rear. It's an H115i which has two 140s, so I couldn't top mount if I wanted too. But I did follow the case design. I was sitting at like 35-35 C idle. And it didn't go up much while running different benchmarks.

Sorry to be clear. The front fans are pulling through the radiator into the case, not pushing out. That's why you see the black frames.

The issue with it is you're blowing the heat from the rad back into the case to not only affect your GPU, but also the mobo and recyling some of the CPU heat back into it.

• 1Like