Desktop Computers

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
It's pulling the air through the rad, yes. I mean I'm not going to convince you via a post. Most places agree this setup is fine. This video is a bit older but discusses it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It may be fine, but it is far from optimal. That rad is directing the heat directly towards the gpu, and boost clocks are going to throttle much earlier without a higher fan curve.

Thinking on it, another issue with your setup us that you have two handicapped intake fans (due to the front panel design) feeding three exhaust fans, resulting in what is likely a pretty heavy negative pressure situation, which would cause deadspots of warm air exasperated by the intake air being warm to begin with due to the rad.

That said, you can be fine even despite all of this if you're not pushing overclocks, but be mindful of your temps under load, especially if you're working with high ambients.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
It's pulling the air through the rad, yes. I mean I'm not going to convince you via a post. Most places agree this setup is fine. This video is a bit older but discusses it.

My NZXT H500 case is similar--pull in the front, push out the back and top (only one top vent, though).

If I decide to be anal about it, I might replace the stock EVGA pull fans with Furious Vardar 140s--that make/model has the best static pressure stats I've seen, though they might get loud.

I might try adding a PCI exhaust fan under the GPU, too.

But with Ryzen 3000, I'm not sure chasing optimal setups matters so much because there's so little potential for overclocking/tweaking. Maybe this will change as BIOSes and chipset drivers improve?

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Positive vs Negative seems more like hooey. And from what I read it's mostly a matter of dust accumulation.

And there isn't much OC on the Ryzen 5 3600.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why do every monitor OEM's stands suck ass compared to Dell's OEM stands?

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Early feedback on the new LG 27GL850 (That "1ms" IPS panel) is pretty good. Linus has a video out on it now if interested.

If it holds up, then we might just be out of the shitty AHVA period that has been plaguing gaming IPS panels for years now.

I'm waiting on tftcentral's review and if they praise it, I'll probably buy one.

Edit: And as was pretty much expected, the 1ms G2G spec is marketing bullshit

Last edited by a moderator:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Early feedback on the new LG 27GL850 (That "1ms" IPS panel) is pretty good. Linus has a video out on it now if interested.

If it holds up, then we might just be out of the shitty AHVA period that has been plaguing gaming IPS panels for years now.

I'm waiting on tftcentral's review and if they praise it, I'll probably buy one.

Edit: And as was pretty much expected, the 1ms G2G spec is marketing bullshit

Yeah, looked at Linus's vid. That anti-ghosting overdrive is fucking HORRIBLE.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The 1ms stuff isn't really the main draw of the monitor anyways. What is, is that it's a new 144hz 1440 IPS panel that isn't one of the terrible fucking AHVA panels we've been stuck with for years that suffer from incredibly bad BLB/IPS glow problems and have shit quality control across the board, and it's coming in at a lower price point than those. Any improvments on the G2G timing is just icing on the top. Then there's also just the general improvements that come from it being newer tech than those, like better colour etc...

• 1Like

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
snip2.jpg

rawr?

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
1.4+ volts? Yikes.

Yeah, not sure what to make of that yet. All of those "current" voltages keep hopping between .925 and 1.49ish.

It could be EVGA cooling software, MSI's dragon center, AMD's chipset, the "improved" HWiNFO, or the stock x570 ace BIOS?

I'll take 4,550 on all cores.

Not too worried about it because the temps look good:
snip3.jpg
\

I returned my 3700X build when a bad BIOS bricked my Asus board.

This build is 3800X, MSI MEG X570 Ace, Team Night Hawk Legend @3200 CL14, EVGA CLC 280. GPU is still a Vega 56 while I wait to see what Sapphire's 5700 XT fan card looks like.

Last edited:

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Ended up reusing my H110 on my 980 ti since I got the evga clc. Dropped temps 6-7 degrees compared to the H90 even with the suboptimal placement. I might try getting a ribbon cable to mount it vertically and see how that works out. Only real annoying thing with this setup is even with the top fan mounts offset on the case, damn memory heatsinks still intefer with the radiator which means I cant screw in the last 3 screws so it sags a little.

Other than that I like the Meshify S2. Dark tempered glass looks so much nicer than the old plastic side panel.

20190713_173526.jpg

20190713_173413.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ended up reusing my H110 on my 980 ti since I got the evga clc. Dropped temps 6-7 degrees compared to the H90 even with the suboptimal placement. I might try getting a ribbon cable to mount it vertically and see how that works out. Only real annoying thing with this setup is even with the top fan mounts offset on the case, damn memory heatsinks still intefer with the radiator which means I cant screw in the last 3 screws so it sags a little.

Other than that I like the Meshify S2. Dark tempered glass looks so much nicer than the old plastic side panel.

View attachment 217559

View attachment 217560

Oh god the cables!! For the love of my sanity please post another pic after you tidy that up Big P!

Where you get the dark tempered glass from?

ver_21

Molten Core Raider

That Meshify case looks so much more breathable than my NZXT H500. Might have to put one on my upgrade list.

Using my first AIO and went with an EVGA, too. As long as I'm not going over 1.35 core voltage, it seems to be able to keep the cpu under 70. Decent 5 year warranty on it, too. Kinda wish EVGA made AMD mobos and GPUs. Would go all EVGA, I think.