Desktop Computers

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I've left machines on 24/7 since I still used a 386 for a BBS. It's not unreasonable to expect software to function properly when left running for weeks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I do a lot of development work, so I hate rebooting and leave my machine unrebooted for roughly 2 months at a time. The only problem I have is explorer.exe which has a memory leak somewhere and can get up to 10gigs or whatever. Firefox used to give me a lot of issues but not recently. I have 32 gigs of ram, so whatev

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
The reference 5700XT with a blower is crazy hot and loud like the vega, but you might not hate yourself if you can get the sapphire pulse with proper fans for ten dollars more.

• 1Like

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
All the reviews out for the 3rd party cards are showing its better than the 2060 super and close enough to the 2070 super that the $100 savings is worth while. The Red Devil with 3 fans for $440 is tempting but im waiting for black Friday.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
cross posting this from PC and Console Gaming - For all you folks who ask about pre made PC's, no longer!! Your DIY simulator is here ;)

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
The reference 5700XT with a blower is crazy hot and loud like the vega, but you might not hate yourself if you can get the sapphire pulse with proper fans for ten dollars more.

I'd only get a Sapphire with a big cooler.

I'm wondering how stable they are and how good their drivers are. I have a 570 something or other in a different PC, but don't game with it.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I wonder if I am going to hate myself if I get a 5700XT.

I'm 99% certain the hardware is good and 50% certain the drivers will work~
I'd only get a Sapphire with a big cooler.

I'm wondering how stable they are and how good their drivers are. I have a 570 something or other in a different PC, but don't game with it.

If I can snag a Red Devil 5700 XT, I'll let you know.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Man, for an extra $100 more i would def get the Nvidia 2070, fuck AMD cards. My son had one of the Rx480s I got him because at the time it was perfect card for 1080p and 60fps. Anyway, he had all sorts of graphical glitches in games. The hardware might be tight, but AMD drivers and support are utter shit. Until they can prove to me their support is on par with Nvidia, its 100% Nvidia for me.

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Man, for an extra $100 more i would def get the Nvidia 2070, fuck AMD cards. My son had one of the Rx480s I got him because at the time it was perfect card for 1080p and 60fps. Anyway, he had all sorts of graphical glitches in games. The hardware might be tight, but AMD drivers and support are utter shit. Until they can prove to me their support is on par with Nvidia, its 100% Nvidia for me.

This. I snagged the RX480 for my son. Exact same issues. All sort of artifacting and weird shit in games. New drivers were a pain to get working.

If it's reasonably close price/performance...I'm sticking with Nvidia.

• 1Truth!

Fucker

Log Wizard

Right. How quickly I forget. I thought the 2070 was $600. 1070 has been a great card and still is, but it only gets 35 FPS max quality in SOTR, 59 on normal. I'll upgrade it when the new screen that I want comes out.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
If anyone is curious, I figured out the thunderbolt discrete GPU out. If the ASRock x570 ITX and their thunderbolt add-in card are indicators you need a displayport in and the system passes the signal through. I imagine this must add some latency so wouldn't be great for a primary monitor while gaming but seems fine for a secondary screen.

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
This. I snagged the RX480 for my son. Exact same issues. All sort of artifacting and weird shit in games. New drivers were a pain to get working.

If it's reasonably close price/performance...I'm sticking with Nvidia.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I currently have a 1080ti. I would need to see the next tier up from the 5700xt when that happens. Also, I would want to see how they handle their driver support and OC'ing software.

Overall looks great from a price/performance standpoint in the 400-500 range.