Desktop Computers

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Fired up Pub G on ultra and he was getting 115 fps 1080p with 1070 gtx. 20% CPU utilization. He said before it used to be at 80% CPU and barely 40-50 FPS on high ( i5 6700K).

Also only bought 3200 16 gig g-skill ram. ($80) but seems to be working well.

All in all EZ upgrade $600. Pop the old mo bo out, put in the new one plug in all the shit. Worst part was installing the damn CM 212 cooler.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So im gonna have to update bios on this shit before running it? WTF? Is this 1990s? Maybe I should go with Intel, lol.
BIOS update only needed if youre wanting to play Destiny 2 or theres some memory compatibility update in it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well its all working as intended and I dont think he will play D2 anymore since he hates that game so I dont think ill be fucking with it.

Also from what I see its running at 4.3ish with the auto shit turned on in bios, at about 90F-130F (which from looking it up is pretty standard for these procs)so its not bad but its definitely not intel 5ghz.

Last edited:

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Needing to up date a few family machines with Windows 10 and some software (Office etc), any reason why I shouldn't torrent this kind of thing anymore? Or a better alternative? Saw some "Microsoft Software Swap" shit on Reddit, not sure how legit that is.

Posted this in "Torrents" also, but I'll take all the opinions I can get.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Software swap works, you pay, they send you keys. And they work, at least 100% of the ones I bought.

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Can confirm. Used reddit for Ms office a few times. Ebay as well. Ebay is cheaper.

Nite

Trakanon Raider
Needing to up date a few family machines with Windows 10 and some software (Office etc), any reason why I shouldn't torrent this kind of thing anymore? Or a better alternative? Saw some "Microsoft Software Swap" shit on Reddit, not sure how legit that is.

Posted this in "Torrents" also, but I'll take all the opinions I can get.
I don't know how legit the method of how these websites aquire their keys, but I purchased a few win10 professional keys from both g2deal and g2a in the past for around $11 - $19 respectively and they worked fine.

Denjoy

Molten Core Raider
Needing to up date a few family machines with Windows 10 and some software (Office etc), any reason why I shouldn't torrent this kind of thing anymore?
I don't torrent my OS because I don't want to unknowingly end up in some botnet. Plus I'm not 15 anymore where I don't have anything to lose, now I have bank accounts and shit I don't want stolen. Still i'm not paying $120 or whatever it is for Windows so I bought a key from someone on HardForum for $15. It's been working so far after a year.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've had 2 legitimate copies of Windows 10 now, got my second one when my first key got nuked from switching MOBO's on a new build. When the second key got messed up by a bug in Windows 10 (they have since fixed it and people that were patient got their stuff fixed if I remember correctly), I was done messing with it and have been using the second batch file method in the below link to activate all of my devices ever since. I've never had an issue using it, and as often as I mess around with new builds and helping friends and family, it just simplifies everything.

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
Just upgraded to Windows 10 for free, from a 9 year old Windows 7 key (rebuilt my daughter's PC), so that still works as well.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't look at the resolutions closely but now that I am, 49" in those resolutions is gonna be odd I would think. Barely more pixels than my Alienware 34", yet 15" bigger. Them some big ass pixels.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Those are a whole lot of monitor for 1080p. I'd be looking at something that is 1440p 144hz imo. Something like this

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I didn't look at the resolutions closely but now that I am, 49" in those resolutions is gonna be odd I would think. Barely more pixels than my Alienware 34", yet 15" bigger. Them some big ass pixels.

Yeah I thought the same thing. I rarely use my gaming PC for anything other than gaming, and posting here.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

I put this at the pixel comparison he does, it's pretty bad looking outside of gaming, so maybe worth it? He also mentioned earlier in the video it needs 28" minimum needed on your desk and the wall. Whole video is worth a watch.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I put this at the pixel comparison he does, it's pretty bad looking outside of gaming, so maybe worth it? He also mentioned earlier in the video it needs 28" minimum needed on your desk and the wall. Whole video is worth a watch.

Yeah that wouldn't bother me. I'm more concerned about the actual height and in game resolutions.