Desktop Computers

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Women you want to fuck being flirty and goofy are "fun"

More news at 11
She has yellow teeth and two chins so it's not her looks that make her fuckable. So I am pretty sure you have it backwards, its not that she is fuckable and thus fun, it's that she is fun and therefore fuckable.

Good video though, very entertaining.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Welp....there it is.

I'm finding it really difficult to justify monitor purchases now with just how superior tv's are now compared to the tons of issues monitor tech saddles you with. If the size of them didn't make them so awkward for pc use, it wouldn't even be up for debate.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Damn, @ $1200 for the B9 55" this might make my X Mas gift to me list.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Holy fuck. Linus fucking trashed Intel in the new video. Just watch the first few minutes

hasn't he been doing that since threadripper? still makes nearly 90% intel machines for videos

side:
do you watch him cuz hes canadian or thats like a weird eskimo bonus?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Nah, I think everyone is finally acknowledging openly just how shit Intel is. Anandtech called it a bloodbath in their 3970x v 1080xe review.

Next year is going to be a very bad year for them IMO. They are already spending billions to prop up their stock.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My Mom and Dad buy a new computer ever other year or so. They get absolute shit from like Walmart for a few hundred bucks. They can never understand why it takes 10 minutes to start up and their browser take like 30 seconds to load pages. They get HP's or Dells with so much pre-loaded malware that the thing is like a 1990's computer brand new.

I told them I would help them get something respectable. I think I will just buy it for them for Christmas, somewhere in the $500 range.

Anyone have any experience with Chrome Boxes? I want something with an SSD, so it loads fast. They aren't going to be needing a lot of harddrive space for games or anything like that. Just something that lets them load their Microsoft Office programs, Facebook, and email quickly and bullshit free. Can you get them with Windows 10?

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
My Mom and Dad buy a new computer ever other year or so. They get absolute shit from like Walmart for a few hundred bucks. They can never understand why it takes 10 minutes to start up and their browser take like 30 seconds to load pages. They get HP's or Dells with so much pre-loaded malware that the thing is like a 1990's computer brand new.

I told them I would help them get something respectable. I think I will just buy it for them for Christmas, somewhere in the $500 range.

Anyone have any experience with Chrome Boxes? I want something with an SSD, so it loads fast. They aren't going to be needing a lot of harddrive space for games or anything like that. Just something that lets them load their Microsoft Office programs, Facebook, and email quickly and bullshit free. Can you get them with Windows 10?

Build something around an AMD 3400G APU, imo. Toss in a sub-$100 Samsung 970, and they'll think they have a super computer. $4 windows 10 key from ebay...

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Nah, I think everyone is finally acknowledging openly just how shit Intel is. Anandtech called it a bloodbath in their 3970x v 1080xe review.

Next year is going to be a very bad year for them IMO. They are already spending billions to prop up their stock.

Bloodbath in benchmarks that don't matter for most people. Nearly every gaming benchmark they posted had the Intel 8 core 9900K/KS at the top. TR3 is pretty great though if you have the need for all those cores.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Holy fuck. Linus fucking trashed Intel in the new video. Just watch the first few minutes

TLDR: Intel launched their new chip HOURS before AMD's new chip, so that the comparison would have to be against THIS generation of chips and not the new one which launches in mere hours. That's some shady shit. I hope the new AMD chip fucks them so bad that even I go AMD at this point.

If they would only make a high end graphics card!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
TLDR: Intel launched their new chip HOURS before AMD's new chip, so that the comparison would have to be against THIS generation of chips and not the new one which launches in mere hours. That's some shady shit. I hope the new AMD chip fucks them so bad that even I go AMD at this point.

If they would only make a high end graphics card!

Intel has been badly managed for a while now. They used to be #1 in process by several years, and now they are just above Global Foundries. They screwed up 10nm so much they have decided to just skip it. No new µarch in ages, and they are happy with wicking up the clocks and to hell with the brownouts their products cause. Andy Grove is probably spinning in his grave.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Intel has been badly managed for a while now. They used to be #1 in process by several years, and now they are just above Global Foundries. They screwed up 10nm so much they have decided to just skip it. No new µarch in ages, and they are happy with wicking up the clocks and to hell with the brownouts their products cause. Andy Grove is probably spinning in his grave.

Hmm, doesn’t Global Foundries also make AMDs CPUs, and also skipped 10nm?

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
GloFo is what AMD sold off between 2008 and 2012 in order to survive. Wiki says AMD has 12nm deal with them through 2021, but AMD's future with 7nm, along with whatever's next, seems to be with TSMC and maybe Samsung?

Intel seems to do its 7 to 14nm stuff in house, between the US and Israel.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
GloFo is what AMD sold off between 2008 and 2012 in order to survive. Wiki says AMD has 12nm deal with them through 2021, but AMD's future with 7nm, along with whatever's next, seems to be with TSMC and maybe Samsung?

Intel seems to do its 7 to 14nm stuff in house, between the US and Israel.

GloFo has screwed AMD at pretty much every juncture since their divestiture, so yes, TSMC is probably their main fab for the foreseeable future. Zen 3 is on TSMC 7 nm+.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users