Desktop Computers

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So call me a contrarian but I just switched from 4k back to 1080p. Got tired of scaling up websites, everything seems to just work best at 1080. More importantly though, I went from 60hz back to 144hz. Amazing difference, even the desktop feels a lot smoother.

I got this LG, 27" IPS 1080. G-sync compatible too.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm glad my x570 won't be outdated with these new CPUs. If I can't run Cyberpunk at max settings I'm gonna upgrade again haha.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
LTT is retiring. Hes been rambling and crying for a while now live on youtube. Hes cashed out. He says he will stick around and not retire but I dont see that happening. Once you go down this path it doesnt get better, you just end up ripping the bandaid off quicker when you stub your toe.

Kids, wife, hes done his thing and made a ton of cash.

Last edited:
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Pretty emotional. Not a thing I'd see coming. I think he would have a pretty hard time stepping back from tech stuff.

I can see him stepping back and spending less time in the office. It's more him saying I've soul searched and really I'm doing this because I enjoy it, than him saying I need to stop back and do something different.

He's just going to try to have more fun and stress less

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Pretty emotional. Not a thing I'd see coming. I think he would have a pretty hard time stepping back from tech stuff.

I can see him stepping back and spending less time in the office. It's more him saying I've soul searched and really I'm doing this because I enjoy it, than him saying I need to stop back and do something different.

He's just going to try to have more fun and stress less
Thats out of left field. Not that ive followed the guy hardcore but from what ive seen ever since hes grown from working out of a house to that big office he has now hes always been on the up and up. Looks like he has 20 or so people working for him so I can imagine thats a stressful life.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This guy went from being some computer geek, to working for a pc sales shop, to doing videos for them, to having multiple businesses , 10 million subs, being one of the most influential people in tech, and starting a family, all within 10 years. It's no surprise that he needs to slow down. He has fuck you money at this point and employees, so he'll be fine.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
My 15 year old canon printer finally died. What are the reliable/reputable brands in home printers these days? I don't mind spending a little extra for better quality and reliability but I don't need anything fancy. I need it to print, scan and copy and that's it. I don't even need it to be wireless (though that would be preferable).

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
My 15 year old canon printer finally died. What are the reliable/reputable brands in home printers these days? I don't mind spending a little extra for better quality and reliability but I don't need anything fancy. I need it to print, scan and copy and that's it. I don't even need it to be wireless (though that would be preferable).

Ive always used Brother.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
We have a Canon multifunction ink jet for color and a monochrome Brother laser, and both have been rock solid

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
LTT is retiring. Hes been rambling and crying for a while now live on youtube. Hes cashed out. He says he will stick around and not retire but I dont see that happening. Once you go down this path it doesnt get better, you just end up ripping the bandaid off quicker when you stub your toe.

Kids, wife, hes done his thing and made a ton of cash.

Dude drank too much soy that day.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

If it's a quality unit it may be worth fixing. Twice now I've been able to get my printer going again with less than $25 in parts each time. You can get just about any part on ebay or alibaba.

Other than that, I've had good experiences with Canon and Kyocera stuff. HP I've had nothing but trouble with.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The LG 27gl850 I ordered didn't ship and they shifted the delivery date to a week later, which would have only given me a day until the viewsonic monitor I ordered was no longer eligible for return. I wanted to do some tests to see if the LG would be worth the extra $160 and return the Viewsonic if it was.

Unless a great monitor deal pops up in the new few days, I'll just be sticking with the viewsonic. It's a great panel for the price, and I got a good panel. Only drawback is that it's not gsync certified, and has screen tear in the bottom third a few times per hour, depending on the game. Hard to complain about $400 for a 27"/1440p/144hz IPS monitor.