Desktop Computers

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you have access to the drivers you could run literally nearly any code you wanted. And UEFI is super well documented, you could do a lot of scary shit AND these video drivers are already trusted. The system will just blindly load them. The security concerns are pretty immense.

Thinking about upgrading and turning my old desktop into a Linux server.

9900k and 2070 super

Any idea when the next gpu series is coming out?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you have access to the drivers you could run literally nearly any code you wanted. And UEFI is super well documented, you could do a lot of scary shit AND these video drivers are already trusted. The system will just blindly load them. The security concerns are pretty immense.

9900k and 2070 super

I have a hard time seeing the point of a 9900k over a 9700k.

3000 series GPUs should have been 'out' in June with probably low availability, I bet that's pushed back a month, don't expect to get your hands on one until early September.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've read around Computex 2020's new dates, which starts September 28th now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have a hard time seeing the point of a 9900k over a 9700k.

3000 series GPUs should have been 'out' in June with probably low availability, I bet that's pushed back a month, don't expect to get your hands on one until early September.
Well yeah that's something I'll debate when I actually pull the trigger. If these are truly this summer then I might wait. I was looking to purchase within a month or so, so I'll check the landscape then.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

9900k and 2070 super

If they are at initial Q&A testing for mass production, all they have to do is flip a couple things within the silicon dye too litteraly make the leaked "drivers" invalidated, but no one knows at what stage they are at for it, wait and see what they do.

Addenum: He stole Verilog files .. which are not source code too any kind of hardware *EVER* It only has 1 basic function listed which is not even a AMD function at all.

You can't backwards build off of these files, you can't even use the log files too see what it looks like without AMD's schematic system(Each system is tailored too every IC maker.)

They stole nothing.

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
1 week turn around on Seasonic RMA. I don't know if that is normal or if it is because everyone in California is dead.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
What does the 4000 series bring to the table? Just faster?
Supposed to be the last AM4 upgrade before jump to new socket and DDR5 RAM. Big IPC inreases + clock speed increases from new process.
One of most important changes supposed to be a Cache redesign: unified cache, more of it and better latency (last architectural wekness). Should help with single thread performance around CCX optimization issues (especially in gaming benches vs Intel).

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The LG is sold out but i wont ever buy another LG panel anyways

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Those are around the norm for standard builds these days, you're basically surfing for $100 discounts while bouncing between the following:

8GB vs 16GB RAM
256GB vs 512GB SSD
1TB vs 2TB HDD
1660 vs 2060 vs 2070 graphics card
3.0 vs 3.6 GHz processor

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user